Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 12:18 pm 
Rabbit

08/02/08

Cardio: 20 mins basketball game (4vs4)
20 mins resistance running in the morning
24 mins cyclette in the afternoon

It's not how many times you fall down that counts - it's how many you stand back up that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:02 pm 
Rabbit

09/02/08

Cardio: 45 minutes of cyclette, diff. 5/12

Felt like crap afterwards. Had a fever on Sunday, so I skipped training today, even if I feel better already. Tomorrow I will have to train twice as hard :twisted:

It's not how many times you fall down that counts - it's how many you stand back up that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:32 pm 
Rabbit

And twice as hard it was :twisted: Felt really good on todays training. Switched my cardio to not get bored, and had my gms trainer prrmise me to begin squats and bench presses next week, together with legs. No bad day even if my stats still suck.

12/02/08

Cardio: 45 minutes on treadmill

Weights:

Pecs: 3x12-10-8 (8-10-12kg)
Triceps 3x8 (8-7-7kg)
Biceps 3x8 (7-7-5 kg)
Shoulders: 3x12-10-8 (8-10.-12 kg?)
Back machine 3x 12-10-8 (25-30-35 kg)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:53 pm 
Rabbit

13/02/08

Cardio day, almost easy going now. Maye I ll add to the difficulty again...

45 mins of cyclette, diff. 5/12

3x12 abs on a straight bench
3x8 on the bent bench

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 2:37 pm 
Rabbit

Skipped my weights - St. Valentine and on and on, I was just way too late on the gym. Will do tomorrow, but I hope I can find a way to let school, exams, girlfriend and gym work into 24 hours. As for my diet, today was quite negative as well; she came prepared with vegan candies and I couldnt say no - while I did check the information sheet on nutrients, which left me wanting I never did. Now Im dead tired, and my jaw has begun hurting badly for some reason.
No posi day :roll:

Cardio: 45 mins on cyclette, diff.5/12

I usually set some goals as doing cardio, to make every time more of an effort than a bore. In a single week I have passed from 14 to 15,4 km in my usual time. Next stop 15,5.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:18 pm 
Rabbit

Working on and on, I convinced my gyms trainer to go on and introduce me to the bench presses and squats. I added the first today, with a ridiculous weight even for me to get my form right. And, it was a school free day, so I am fine in the end.

15/02/08

Cardio: 45 mins jogging, alternating speed from 6.0 to 9.0 km/h.
Didnt actually believe I could do it, and my legs hurt as hell as I ran, so I stopped twice to do some stretching. But I managed it, and the machine has a sweet heartbeat reader, so I could check to stay about at 150.

Weights:

new: Bench press, 10 kg only, 4x12
Biceps: 7/8 kg, 3x8
Triceps: 7/8 kg, 3x12-10-8
Pecs: 10 kg, 3x12-10-8
Shoulders: 8-9 kg, 3x12-10-8
Back Machine: 25-30-35 kg, 12-10-8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:23 pm 
Rabbit

Saturday is always the worst day when training.

Cardio: 45 mins of cyclette, diff 5/12

Abs on bench, straight: 3x12
Abs suspended, legs straight: 3x8

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:54 pm 
Rabbit

Cardio: 45 mins cyclette, diff. 5/12

Weights:
Bench press, 20 kg only, 2x12, 2x10
Biceps: 8 kg, 2x8, 7 kg 1x8
Triceps: 7 kg, 3x10 x2 arms
Pecs: 9-10 kg, 3x12-10-8
Shoulders: 8 kg, 3x10

plus new: squats (FINALLY!) with no weight to learn a good form. From wednesday on I got that covered :)

plus: 50 hindi squats
5 hindi push ups (shoulders hurt quite, ya know)
Tried a bridge with hand support, but its beyond me. Need to buy a soft mattress of sort.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:33 pm 
Rabbit

19/02/08

12 mins of interval trainng on treadmill, diff. 5/12. Quite easy, proaly going with 7-9 next time.
45 mins of cyclette
2x50 hindu squats (short term goal is 100)
2x10 hindi push ups, with a really bad form. (short term goal 25)
Trying to make some stretching out of a Tsatsouline book as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 4:53 pm 
Rabbit

Cardio: 12 minutes interval training on the treadmill (diff. 8/12), then a 24 minutes run with alternated high pendency/slow speed and flat pendency and higher speed. More fun than the usual cyclette for sure.

2x15 hindu squats, form even worse. The second series I tried while locking my feet with the wall - legs and feet shouldnt move, or? As I couldnt do any more I ended with

1x15 normal ones.

2x50 hindu squats. Think I am getting the hold of them... But between treadmill and this, it hurts like hell when I finish.

Quote:
Goals are now: (short term, before May would be nice)(no particular order)

1)8-12 percent BF - that should bring me between sixtyfive and seventy kg.

2)25 hindu squats with a good form. I should keep the plant of my feet against the ground as I begin, but my feet wont cooperate on that.

3) 100 Hindu squats with a good form.

4)Since I am reading Tsatsoulines stretching book, I might add the Russian split to that. But by now it hurts when I split my legs with 90 degrees.. Might have to shift it to long term.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 1:06 pm 
Rabbit

One month of gym! Rewarding me with a postrock concert tonight.

Cardio:30 mins of cyclette, diff 5/12 (alternating an intense minute with a easier one)
12 minutes of intense interval training on the treadmill, diff 9/12!

Weights:
Bench press, 20 kg, 2x10, 30 kg 2x6
Biceps: 8 kg, 2x8, 7 kg 1x8
Triceps: 7-8 kg, 3x12-10-8-6
Pecs: 8-12 kg, 3x12-10-8-6
Shoulders: 8-10 kg, 3x10-8.6
Squats: 10 kg 2x10 (really easy, but got to get form right!), 20 kg 2x6

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2008 8:17 pm 
Elephant

Great work skot.

Hey, perhaps I misunderstood the intro you gave a couple of weeks back. It made me believe that resistance training was new to you.

Then I go to look through your training journal and I see

"Hindu Squats"

Well, I had to look them up because I never heard of such a thing and they sound like something a kamikaze ninja would be doing right before he goes on a mission to train. Where did you get this exercise from?

I looked them up and they look really cool; a great way to get all the blood flowing and the body moving so congrats on that and thank you for teaching me something new. I have been dabbling in training for some time and these were news to me!

Perhaps you should train to become a full out ninja....

keep up the good work.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:40 pm 
Rabbit

Hey, thanks! And yay for ninjas! :D

Any kind of training is awfully new to me by now. My only sport was some basketball as I was a kid, and I think there as been 5 years and more since that - thus my actual "weights" :? I got the Hindu squats and push ups from an ebook I found in another fitness forum. Hope its legit, if not Robert can delete it:

http://rapidshare.com/files/81770638/Ma ... g.pdf.html

Its made up great, I think. Beside the three basic exercises, it has an awesome amount of incredibly difficult ones for when you master them (like, pushups as standing with a single hand) and it can make for a nice alteration iin a routine. It focuses a lot on strength rather than bulk, which is fine for me by now.
Hindu squats also work on building strength, appearantly - target should be around 250 reps. I still havent tried them long enough to see whether it works, but the legs surely do burn after a series.

Thanks for the feedback, its always nice to know someone more expert is reading through the log from time to time!

22/02/08

Cardio:

12 minutes Interval training on the treadmill, diff 8/12. Pointing to make it 24 minutes next time.

30 minutes of cyclette, diff 5/12.

Abs: 3x8 crunches, inclined bench

2x50 Hindu squats

10 Hindu pushups. Now I understood that my feet should begin with the whole plant on the pavement I hardly get to two before I feel like screaming...

Trying Wall Walking as a substitute for the Bridge in the 3 calisthenics. Still too weak even for that, but i will get to! Need some gloves, or my wall will become black.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2008 1:57 am 
Elephant

Do you have spring down there yet?
I heard Greece had below 0 and snow. That means that they had more snow so far this year than Gothenburg, Sweden, where I live.
Weird...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2008 5:40 am 
Rabbit

Well, we didnt have winter to begin with, offense. Beside the fact it didnt snow for about six years here, I never really needed as much as a pullover under my jacket for the whole time this year! It was freaky - I rememer playing snowballs and having to go out with heavy clothes on when I was a little kid. I dont want to know how it will be ten years from now...
I always thought Sweden to be a nice place to live, sometime on. Dont ask me why, I really never rationalized it, but I play with the thought from time to time.

23/02/08 - Month 2, day 2

Calisthenics day - Gyms closed. Not too bad, I managed half an hour of exercise anyway.

3x15 push ups
3x10 Hindu push ups (working on the form still...)
3x50 Hindu squats (when I manage 4x50 I will just try 100 in a row)
2x30 sec Wall Chair (after the squats..)
2x1min Wall Chair

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next