Denise Nicole's Figure Journal (AKA SeaSiren)

That sucks about the jeep! Especially since you just got it!

How bad is the damage?

Good to hear that your not badly hurt. Are you able to train now?

The girls you'll meet are most likely going to be very nice and so cool. My buddy David competed in a national musclemania show about a year ago and I was training with him during his contest prep. He was nervous about meeting the other competitors but when he met them they were all great, really friendly, and supportive. I know you've competed before so you'll be fine!

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks so much, I'm good! Still training

I can ignore pain, so it's a nuscience, but could have been worse.

The other gals may have done layouts, covers etc. (I think you said you are coming right?) But, nothing gets to me! I won't be nervous in the least. Trust me ... life has already been decided we are all just along for the ride! I LOVE the stage, plan to give them what they have seen ... since that is why I was chosen. And look forward to new friends, via the other gals.

I was a model turned figure comp, they are figure comps turned model.... this is a model comp. Therefore, I'm pretty sure they (the judges) have already decided .... this is all show, thus the diversity So it's all about putting on a "good show" to present myself in front of the BBing Community, mags, etc. That doesn't mean they aren't considering each of us for future layouts if we don't win the title this round,

Trust me I'll have a blast!!! May have lost my room, but will address that later! rofl

I'll just "go with the flow"

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, that really sucks. Especially when it gets bloody. Every time I hop on my bicycle, I still ride somewhat extra defensive and am paranoid because of the taxi cab that slammed me last year. Not to mention getting doored about 4 times but that's expected in NYC; it's kind of like an initiation to the world of cycling in the Manhattan....

well anyway, feel better. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!

I'm so sorry to hear about the accident, that really sucks. Especially when it gets bloody. Every time I hop on my bicycle, I still ride somewhat extra defensive and am paranoid because of the taxi cab that slammed me last year. Not to mention getting doored about 4 times but that's expected in NYC; it's kind of like an initiation to the world of cycling in the Manhattan....

well anyway, feel better. I'll keep you in my prayers. Stay strong!

Thanks And wow! Cycling in NYC ... You are brave!

My room just fell through for the Arnold, so not quite sure how that's going to pan out, lol Kinda got the head's up last min on the MD Comp. So hopefully someone has room somewhere Or I'll just sleep outside the door of the Arnold rofl

I'm sure you can stay with us. We have a hotel reserved already, which even comes with passes to World Gym

It will be a room full of bodybuilders, but if you can handle it, let us know. We're here to help and support.

I love you!!!!! One less thing! Let me know the cost.

I'll be bringing my own bedding anyway, due to the tan (you know all about it, comes off on everything!) So if I can camp out on the floor that would be awesome.

And for the other guys who haven't met before. I'll be in comp mode, so unfortunately will be lucky to know my own name. Basically what I'm saying is I'm going to be ditzy as all heck and not working "on all cylinders".

Gonna Call Dave (Palumbo) tonight to get the heads up on a few things as well as some after party I am supposed to make an appearance at??? Not quite sure, so gotta get the details.

You know I take the floor when we share a hotel room. I haven't run it by Ravi or Josh, but I know the integrity of both guys and both are very team oriented and supportive.

I've met Dave once or twice. He's a cool guy and pretty intelligent too. I have a photo or two of us, he's a vein machine!

You know I take the floor when we share a hotel room. I haven't run it by Ravi or Josh, but I know the integrity of both guys and both are very team oriented and supportive.

I've met Dave once or twice. He's a cool guy and pretty intelligent too. I have a photo or two of us, he's a vein machine!

Oh Boy I hope they are OK with it ...... I'm really quiet and don't take up much room

I'll "make" them be OK with it Just kidding, but I'm sure they will be, as we're all there to have fun, support each other, and we'll only be at the hotel for sleeping. All other times we'll be at the expo, eating and training the entire day. They will be long days, and once we get back, we'll grab our beds or floor space and pass out. They are exhausting shows but the Arnold is the BEST show I've ever been to.

We can do some fun photo shoots when you're all done competing. I'll look like a ghost since I haven't seen much sun!

Got the OK from Ravi

Yay!

Funny about the room thing. I had posted on another board that I was room less, and then that I found one and would be rooming with a few BBers. Of course the immediate question was male or female (in teasing), so def gave a response to set anyone straight!

Which I'll do here as well ..... so there is no doubt:

The boys I am rooming with are like family to me, so it doesn't get "weird" with them.

Yes on having SO much to do during the day that will fall into bed at night. Me quite a bit, I think I compete on Sat ..... which means I will be not able to eat much at all and in dehydration mode by the end. So doubt I'll have a lot of energy to even look around

AM:

20 min cardio

4 sets abs upper & lower

stretching

PM:

20 min cardio

4 sets back ext

4 sets abs upper and lower

DC Calves

Lying Leg Curls, wu, set, rp

Squats wu, set, another 3 sets .... then the new routine

Abductors 3 sets, wm

extreme stretching in between, normal stretching after

So got my meals and protein down, beginning to cut back on the carbs just a touch and of course increase cardio. Feel a bit tired and starting to feel "out of it" already. Can't decide if it's pre-comp stupid or perhaps the stress of the last few days and my body healing from the incident. Although feel better.

Training Thoughts: even with the lower cals, I was able to maintain my weight on calves and squats and actually increased leg curls and abductors (surprised me!). That being said, my weights will most likely start to fall off a bit until after comp.

AM:

20min cardio on incline treadmill (brisk walk)

Abs 4 sets upper and lower

stretching

Afternoon:

4 sets lower back ext

DB Pullovers wm

Wide Grip Pull Downs wu, set, RP Static

T-Bar Rows wu, 3 sets

Rear Delts wu, set, RP

Preacher curls wu, set, RP

Hammer Curls wm

extreme stretching in between and reg stretching after

Evening:

20min cardio on incline treadmill (brisk walk)

stretching

Eating on target for modeling comp, so no worries there. Actually more energetic today, so was happy about that!

Training thoughts: was more energetic, but weights are starting to drop a tad, saw a slight decrease on T-Bar Rows and WG Pull Downs, everything else stayed steady as last round.

Pic was taking after last training session, between the cardio and the ab session. My 11 year old, is the photographer

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/pose02182008e.jpg

Easy Day today, which was good since I needed to organize some areas of the house.

AM:

20 min cardio on incline tread (brisk walk)

4 sets upper and lower abs

stretching

Tanning

PM (planned):

20 min cardio on incline tread (brisk walk)

4 sets upper and lower abs

stretching

Training thoughts .... non, it was cardio lol

Eating on track but have hit the "totally not hungry stage" so making sure I am getting in all my meals.

Progress Pics below snapped after tanning, before I need to jump on the tread again in the next few min. Obviously taken in my bedroom, by my camera that for some reason seems to ALWAYS have red eye, lol

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/bbik1.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/bbik6.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/bbik8.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/bbik9.jpg

Landed another shoot today. Not sure what it is about Sundays ..... seems like an odd day to be contacted, but that was the second one in the row, so not complaining! lol

Progress Pics below snapped after tanning, before I need to jump on the tread again in the next few min.

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/bbik1.jpg

Is it difficult treading while wearing those boots?

Congrats on your successful career.

Thanks guys!

The heels take the incline right out of the tread

Quick Update:

I have been so busy the last few weeks, it's been crazy!

Last couple wo:

Yesterday:

AM Cardio 20 min

abs

Afternoon:

lower back ext

abs

pullovers

rack chins

BB Straight Leg Deads

Rear Delts

Bicep Curls

Hammer Curls

Evening - headlining again so cardio for several hours .... actually forgot how much it takes out of me! (especially on comp diet and nearing BF% goal)

Today

AM

Cardio

Abs

Afternoon:

lower back ext

abs

Seated Dumbbell Shoulder Press

Side Delt Raises

Tricep Skull Crushers

tanning

Tonight - headlining again

Nail was fixed from accidents luckily and most of the bruising has all but disappeared. But due to headlining have a few new one's lol. I am headlining until Tuesday night, then I have 3 sessions on Wed plus packing & tanning. I start applying some tan then. I am still going back and forth on driving or flying .... nothing like the last minute huh?

I will come back Sun or Mon (haven't decided that either) and have a cover and centerfold to shoot on Tues. Will do a major cheat on Wed (we found the re-feed did not shock my system back to gaining weight last 'round, but the cheat did work). Get back on a normal schedule and then scheduled shoot in Chicago & headline, then down to Nashville for s hoot and headline, then my first comp in Philly and may decide to stay over and headline there as well .... still deciding. New suits coming in for April comp, which are better suited for my coloring

Still doing submissions and being asked to do some writing articles and now hit up to write a book. The articles I can knock out quickly, not sure on the book. But won't even begin unless I have a publisher willing to get me something basically written in stone.

Photos from last week. Was able to get enough merchandise out of the way to at least uncover my power rack. yay!

Triceps:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/022020082.jpg

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/022020083.jpg

After Cardio:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/022002281.jpg

Nice to chat with you lately. See you tomorrow or the next day! Have an awesome time!!!

tomorrow is the plan! If you guys get deferred or delayed, you have my cell, right?

One of the bikinis came in, in just the nick of time! Here is a not exactly good quality cell phone pick of the top, but you get the idea:

http://www.denisenicole.com/images/sparkle.jpg

cardio and abs now, legs at gym, tanning and then groceries. Back here to start packing. Will make a bank run in the AM after a cardio session in the morning. Am driving so understand they are under snow, but roads are clear.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All Denise has not forgoten you she is so busy headlining,modelling shoot,s,doing her ACE Personal trainer,s,3 weeks out from her 1st show of the season and looking after 4 children running the household,she has not had a second to update but she will as and when she get,s time.

I don,t know how Denise does half she does she must be Wonder Woman lol.

Robbie on behalf of Denise Nicole AKA SeaSiren.