Cardio for Weight Loss

My body has been very co-operative in the body building end of it. The definition is coming along nicely in my arms, shoulders, legs, & back.

However, I am still carrying too much body fat especially around the abs area which like a lot of people is where I tend to carry the most fat. This is my last area of concern.

My eating/calorie intake should be fine for almost daily lifting and some cardio without going overboard (about 1800 daily). In order to lose the rest of the fat, should I increase my cardio to 2-20 minutes for while or 1-40 min? How many days per week?

I wouldnt recommend following what I am doing as I need to cut up in a very short amount of time. I might possibly be ketonic...

I am taking in 1,500-2,500 calories

fat is maybe 20g at the most

protein= 200+ grams

and my carbs are very low. (perhaps 50-100g)

burning about 600-700 calories a day with bicycling.

and also hitting the gym for an hour strength training.

I also cut back on water, and increased the potassium.

and taking a vitamin b-12.

I am eating:

bowl of "cheerios" with chocolate soymilk

banana

sunflower seeds

package of jumbo smart dogs (85 g protein)

handful of pretzels

package of jumbo smart dogs (85g protein) w/ sauerkraut

blueberries

tomato

boca ground up soyburger (46g protein) w/ peppers

strawberries

8oz glass of chocolate silk

Thanks for posting that.

I think I may want to take in a little more protein and little less carbs. And I read somewhere (maybe here) that eating higher protein toward bedtime was better than eating higher carb items before bed.

Thanks for posting that.

I think I may want to take in a little more protein and little less carbs. And I read somewhere (maybe here) that eating higher protein toward bedtime was better than eating higher carb items before bed.

this is true from my observations

• 2 weeks later...

depending on HOW quickly you want to drop the bodyfat, and the way your metablosim works, I would look at a zero carb tolerance after 4pm, and exercise first thing in the morning on rising. This is the method that works best for most people (obviously if you are now looking to drop bodyfat as apposed to building muscle as you may sacrifice a small amount of muscle on the way).

I have never counted calories, nor fat, and my carbs are quite high (for me at the moment anyway) but I am trying to build more muscle. I used to get lean very easily (when I was eating a typical carnivore diet-for bodybuilders).

You could look at eating a breakfast of say oats (what the heck are cheerios it sounds like a very sugary breakfast to me??????)with protein powder, mixed with water (or soya milk if you can't stand this mix) and a very small (or half a large) banana. You can just zap it all in the microwave for a couple of minutes and the banana (make sure its really ripe) gives the mix a very sweet taste.

The you need a mid morning meal with a ratio of protein to carbs : CHO 50% PRO 30% FAT 20%

Lunch is again a mix of the same, as with your afternoon meal. Dinner need to be basically your protein and zero carbs (maybe just steamed veggies with your protein source). Portions should be no bigger than your fist

I generally have protein shakes quite a lot for my snacks now that I'm vegan when I'm shaking the body fat, with a punnet of fresh berries-strawberries/blackberries/rasberries. Jogging, if you have no pre-existing injuries is excellent for stripping body fat, especially up & down hills.

I generally find sticking to a strict diet easy as I'm a lazy cook and could quite easily eat the same foods ALL the time so long as I have a full tum