“vegetarian"

madcat

I always wondered if I travelled to somewhere fun if I'd run into someone who looks exactly like me.

That'd be fun.

No, that would suck!

I always hear things like "Oh, you look just like our nephew Knut!" or "You remind me very much of XY!"

I hate that!

I seem to have a very average face. Argh!

That's why i do bodybuilding! Does Knut do bodybuilding?!

Okay, that's not the reason why i do BB... but maybe it's among the infinite reasons

I ALWAYS hear that I look like Sandra Bullock. Like, random people on the street will walk up and tell me that....it gets kind of old actually. Even my best friend, who always agreed with me that she didn't see the resemblance either, called awhile back and said she was at a grocery store and saw a tabloid photo of Sandra B and that it looked just like me. I guess there are worse people in the world to be compared to though....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right Robert, you shouldn't just settle for anyone. But no one is perfect. You're probably going to have to make some exceptions. Like you don't like girls who drink, But some do drink a little and you're probably going to have to live with it. I can understand the Vegan thing though. Any girl who's not Vegan is sick...

Any girl who's not Vegan is sick...

vamp, i like the way you put that. so simple yet so to the point.

ya, I drink a lil - a glass of wine once in a while with a nice dinner cannot hurt. I even dont mind an ice cold beer on a hot day or a dirty martini.

I may have one drink like once every couple fo weeks or something.

dont hate me because I like my wines or my dirty martinis

Any girl who's not Vegan is sick...

vamp, i like the way you put that. so simple yet so to the point.

ya, I drink a lil - a glass of wine once in a while with a nice dinner cannot hurt. I even dont mind an ice cold beer on a hot day or a dirty martini.

I may have one drink like once every couple fo weeks or something.

dont hate me because I like my wines or my dirty martinis

Hmm, the wine I'm down with but diry martinis....that's a different story! I remember once I was at a bar and guy bought me one, and I took one sip and almost gagged....it was like drinking pure olive brine. But I choked it down anyway cuz he had bought it for me afterall, and I'm a nice girl.

A nice girl perfectly happy to stick to a simple vodka tonic.

Hmm, the wine I'm down with but diry martinis....that's a different story! I remember once I was at a bar and guy bought me one, and I took one sip and almost gagged....it was like drinking pure olive brine. But I choked it down anyway cuz he had bought it for me afterall, and I'm a nice girl.

A nice girl perfectly happy to stick to a simple vodka tonic.

mmm... olive brine I love olive juice and pickle juice, I will drink it right out of the jar. That being said, I would probably like a dirty martini, but I am more of a beer & whiskey kind of guy

vamp: No problem. In fact, i might use that as a quote "Any girl who isnt vegan is sick." Thayt quote is so not beating around the bush!!!!!

Tyler: I am like you. I can drink olive and pickle juice right out of the jar. That is why i love dirty martinis, (and, in case some of you might be wondering, they are called dirty because the splash of olive juice mixed with the vermouth and gin or vodka makes the drink look dirty/cloudy instead of clear). Garnish with 9 olives and you have an olive juice lovers paradise. Mmmmm.

Oh ya, and I like my martinis shaken, not stirred.

But the real question is, are you a gin or a vodka girl?

I'm slowly regaining my ability to drink gin after the world's worst night my freshman year of college....that was a learning experience.

Generally, I'm a Grey Goose vodka kind of girl. And I like 'em dry. Tanqueray Ten is tolerable for gin though.

Kourtney - are you vegan now?

That is why i love dirty martinis, (and, in case some of you might be wondering, they are called dirty because the splash of olive juice mixed with the vermouth and gin or vodka makes the drink look dirty/cloudy instead of clear). Garnish with 9 olives and you have an olive juice lovers paradise. Mmmmm.

I'll give you credit for the "shaken, not stirred", but dirty martinis are ing. Martinis are meant to be little more than very cold, slightly watered-down gin.

I mix a mean Bombay Sapphire martini, man... Damn, now I want one but it's too late for one.

I'm slowly regaining my ability to drink gin after the world's worst night my freshman year of college....that was a learning experience.

Generally, I'm a Grey Goose vodka kind of girl. And I like 'em dry. Tanqueray Ten is tolerable for gin though.

yes, that is the REAL question isnt it. I like both vodka and gin martinis. The vodka must DEFINITELY be Grey Goose, and I prefer Bombay Saphhire Gin (tangueray 10 is alright). I used to hate gin but I started liking it when I tasted a dirty gin martini. Gin and olive juice go very well together.

Regarding question to Kourtney: well, if kourtney is NOT vegan, then, BY HER OWN assessment, she is "sick." (remember: according to Kourney, any girl who is not vegan is sick!!).

But to be fair to vamp, going from the standard american carnivorous diet to strict vegan in one shot isnt easy, so kourtney, dont be hard on yourself if you arent fully vegan yet. I KNOW you will get there soon, because, as you put, any girl who isnt vegan is sick (i LUV that as you can probably tell by now).

Same goes for Michelle. I have SO MUCH respect for both you guys who are striving to go from carnivore STRAIGHT to vegan -- with no vegetarian in between time!!!! Seriously, that is amazing. I think most of the rest of us on this site (though by no means all of us) were vegetarian before we went fully vegan.

In short, i have SO MUCH respect for both you ladies for this reason. very inspirational indeed.

yes, that is the REAL question isnt it. I like both vodka and gin martinis. The vodka must DEFINITELY be Grey Goose, and I prefer Bombay Saphhire Gin (tangueray 10 is alright). I used to hate gin but I started liking it when I tasted a dirty gin martini. Gin and olive juice go very well together.

But to be fair to vamp, going from the standard american carnivorous diet to strict vegan in one shot isnt easy, so kourtney, dont be hard on yourself if you arent fully vegan yet. I KNOW you will get there soon, because, as you put, any girl who isnt vegan is sick (i LUV that as you can probably tell by now).

Same goes for Michelle. I have SO MUCH respect for both you guys who are striving to go from carnivore STRAIGHT to vegan -- with no vegetarian in between time!!!! Seriously, that is amazing. I think most of the rest of us on this site (though by no means all of us) were vegetarian before we went fully vegan.

Oooh, yeah Bombay Sapphire is good too. Those are the only two that don't make me feel like I'm eating a juniper bush.

Lord knows I did my time as a vegetarian! I've no doubt it's an eaiser conversion to go from meat to vegetarian to vegan than straight there. Muchos kudos to those who do!

haha cross post between me and Dan and Meg!!!!

DAN: straight gin is too overpowering. It needs to be slightly watered down with the olive juice, and shaken with lots of ice. same with the grey goose. that and plus I love olive juice, so I prefer more than just a splash -- and dont forget the nine olives.

i bet my martinis are better than yours Dan.

MEG: i did my "merely vegetarian" time too, so you're not alone on that front. Looks like when you me and Ash travel the world we will be enjoying some cocktails every now and then, yes??

I'll take the olives on a side plate, and a vodka martini, nice and dry. Oh, and a sexy vegan boy too. Let's not be cheap here

Actually - sidenote, my favorite bar is a total dive bar but it's "Cheers" to me....and it makes the BEST hummus. (It's owned by a greek family). Totally awesome to be able to go into a bar that has more than fried meat for late night snacks.

okay, but you better be careful then because I might eat your olives when you arent looking.

Dan: all this talk aboutr martinis is making me want one too - but it is 2:30 am here now and all the liquor stores are closed.

What was the original topic of this thread anyway? I think this is the worst case of thread hijacking yet!!!!!

Dan: all this talk aboutr martinis is making me want one too - but it is 2:30 am here now and all the liquor stores are closed.

Oh, I have gin and vermouth in the fridge, and a solid nickel shaker that I paid too much for in the freezer. I just don't want to drink something that potent at, lessee, 1:45 a.m. local time.

Oh, I have gin and vermouth in the fridge, and a solid nickel shaker that I paid too much for in the freezer. I just don't want to drink something that potent at, lessee, 1:45 a.m. local time.

Late at night I go for 'chocolate milk' - my own concoction of soy or rice milk with chocolate liqueur....it's a good dessert before bed

ate at night I go for 'chocolate milk' - my own concoction of soy or rice milk with chocolate liqueur....it's a good dessert before bed

That sounds far too healthy.

(And girly. )

I thought you might think that It works with vodka too, similar to a vegan white russian. Which I would drink if bars would carry soy! What can I say? I am nothing if not a girl......which is a good thing because I can't afford to buy my own drinks, and I don't think guys get bought for quite so often

On many things:

Drinks/Topher - I used to be in the same boat. I'm less so now. I didn't have my first drink until just before my 25th birthday. As it is I don't drink more than once a month if that. And I'm significantly sensitive to potential alcohol abuse given that my family has a predisposition for it. That and people who are ishtfaced annoy me But for anyone who would go for a non-drinking S.O. I totally feel you. It's can be a lonely ship to sail.

Veg*n partners - A friend once asked me why I wanted to control the people I dated. Which I don't know as exactly accurate but it did provide me with a different framework to consider. It was then that I began to understand my desire as part of a general environmental desire. I don't want meat in my house. My suggestion that a partner be at least vegetarian I think reflects that more than a controlling desire to shape a sig other. I've got a vegetarian roommate. He's awesome. I skip out on functions that focus on meat - ie thanksgiving... Or modify them as needed for my comfort - ie having a vegan thanksgiving a day later In considering partners I think it's really a functional thing... Like if you don't want kids and your partner wants them. It's sort of a huge stumbling block in a relationship... life goals/lifestyles not meshing. Variety is nice, opposites attract, etc. but at some point you have to live with the person for years on end. Be nice if it was someone who didn't push your buttons by their very lifestyle

More on drinks - Gin and tonic. Free drinks: Yeah those are nice. There's a great GLBTQandStraight place here that does drag shows and has a dance floor. The place is a total party and fun environment. And free drinks sometimes. I've never had a girl buy me a drink, but I think I've gotten some freebies from guys before. Straight guys even. I think they might've been a bit drunk

On being vegan without being veggie in the middle - I think I was veggie for like 4 weeks? 2 weeks? I realized if I couldn't really digest dairy and didn't eat eggs I could be vegan if I just dropped honey. People ask me if it was hard. I say it's as hard as controlling what goes in your mouth. It's a rational thing - you look at it rationally - can I control what goes in my mouth? If yes, then you can be vegan. If no... then there's perhaps other things that are of concern too? When I went vegan a lot of switches flipped in my head. Or perhaps more aptly as I went vegan. It did take some settling in to get to know wtf I was doing

For VeggyMeggy - Steal that line all you want about the 6billion.

I always hear things like "Oh, you look just like our nephew Knut!" or "You remind me very much of XY!"

Knut Best name ever.

So i get two usually, and it depends on what kind of movies people are watching most frequently... and my tan probably. I get billy zane from some folks, and vin diesel (albeit on a smaller scale) from some others.

But I think what I really meant was an identical, indistinguishable, twin-esque person.

Buh, yeah I have people saying that it's 'controlling' to want people to be vegan in a relationship. That's bullshit. It's like saying it's 'controlling' to say that you don't want your partner to kick babies in the head for no reason. Kicking babies in the head for no reason isn't a very nice thing to do, as is killing animals. Fuck em!