gotta HIT the gym

CollegeB

Well Im coming down to the wire on getting done with my undergrad, and starting my graduate studies. I have a month to do it all! So im cutting back my gym time to a HIT program. Tonight is the first time i'll do this so I hope i can do it in an hour like I should. Here is my program I'll let you know how it goes:

Do each, 1x10-15

• Squats

• Benchpress (Flat or Incline, pick one)

• Dumbell Curls

• Seated Rows

• Standing Calf Raises

• Dumbbell Military Press (Arnolds)

• Triceps (whatever)

• Abs

• Wide Grip Chins

• Wrist Curls

If you think something should be added or subtracted let me know. I'm also wondering when I should do cardio? Every other day? How long? etc.

I plan on 3 days a week. I like to do curls towards the end, but the gym is crowded a lot so I do what I can when I can. I start with squats or bench press (if I can actually get on a bench) since those could end up being dangerous if Ive warn out other muscles

Hi collegeb, I don't mean to get in yo bidnezz but you might find 3 days a week a bit much with HIT! coz if your just doing just one set you gotta go all out for that set! if you do HIT right you really need your rest! or is it juss coz I'm getting old!!! having said that I'm gonna try training 3 times a week coz I'm getting so bored juss training once ! let us know how it works for you!

I question my intensity. I didnt leave the gym last night feeling absolutely weak. I did feel tired though, so I know I'm on the right track. I'm goin to step things up tomorrow night, add some weight here and there. Also I have no partner, and I dont like to ask people to spot me, so I'm somewhat limited on my squats, but as I get stronger I can do more. However I do feel satisfied and dont feel my usual need to get to the gym.

HI collegeB, check this out! http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=508353 I've been comparing HST to HIT and I'm leaning more towards HST because it seems more stable and there site seems to be pretty positive! at the HIT site everyone is arguing and bickering! also when you read the HIT article you'll see that there's also a "ntf" not to failure training system which sounds a lot like HST! HST takes some understanding but looks like it's pretty good if you want good size and decent strength! check it out!

Will, I'm shooting for several clinical psyc programs, but also two rehabilitation counseling programs.

Bigwii, If you like HST talk to kollision about it. He's doing that now. I didnt opt for it because it is a committment of at least 3 months. I'm only doing HIT because I am limited on time until mid december which is when I graduate.

• 2 weeks later...