play any instruments?

V VII Hero

I play a 5 string bass (funk, metal, alternative, pop, metalcore, hardcore). Bass is my favorite instrument. My family has no musical history. So it's very hard to teach myself but I try to, for my own entertainment sake.

my equipment:

Cort Curbow 5 String (white lucite)

Hartke 400 watt head

GK cab 4X10

I've been playing for two years.

I am right handed. I can double slap and pop, I play with 4 fingers on my picking hand, and I use all 4 fingers on my fretting hand. I am just learning to double thump w/ my thumb. the hardest part for me is sticking to one song. I always learn one riff, then jump to another song, and totally forget what I learned. its hard to sit still. hehe.

past instruments Ive played:

-6 string guitar (metalcore)

-banjo (bluegrass)

-trumpet (gradeschool/elementary)

does anyone else play an instrument?

if so what ya got? and how long you been playing?

lessons or self taught?

I am terrible at everything musicially! I'm an above average athlete and I can do well in everything from running to soccer to basketball or football, but I cannot play any instrument whatsoever. I can't sing either. I've worked with children for around 10 years and a couple years for Celebrity Cruises. I was pretty much banned from singing on the cruise ships! Part of our program is singing songs with the little ones 3-6 year olds and even some of the older ones, and the kids and my fellow youth counselors pleaded with me to stop singing.

And the thing is...........I love singing! I do it all the time, and if you've checked out the comedy/rap battle here in this section of the Forum, you know I like to rap and write rap lyrics. But I'm not even allowed to sing in public Some of my friends say I'm the worst they've ever heard (like Carl Lews 'one of my favorite athletes of all time' singing the American National Anthem).

Give me a tennis racket, a basketball, or a helmet and pads and I'll excell but keep me away from the choir!

I have a 60+ year old Gulbransen baby grand piano that I play.

Now I'm at this age I wish I'd have stuck with the piano lessons and bagged little league.

I also have a Gibson acoustic guitar that I don't even pull out of the case anymore. Lazy ass!

Jon

• 2 weeks later...

I play the bass, taught myself. For ages I would just listen to songs and learn the basslines, so I didn't know anything proper about it. Like if someone said 'play a C' I wouldn't have been able to. But a year ago I joined a band and had to learn that right quick. I still don't know theory or scales and all that. I should learn.

I took piano from about age 8-12 and then flute from 13-16 or so. Obviously I learned how to read music and scales and all that stuff then, but have since forgotten it all (I gave up flute 16 years ago, so it's been a while).

I play the forearm guitar. It's an inside joke. I flex all the muscles and tendons in my forearm and pretend to play it with the other strumming along. When you're lean and all the muscle fibers show, it looks pretty cool.

I know it's silly, but I can't play any instruments so I have to make up my own.

• 4 weeks later...

I play electic and acoustic guitar in a band. The adres to a website on which you can listen to some songs is: http://www.ongekendtalent.nl/clubs/clubstek/clubstek.asp?clubid=4220

Please check out The Lalala Song, it realy is the song that defines the band. The site is dutch, but you can click on the songs just under the picture of the dog on the right.

The band currently does not have a record label, but some labels have shown a bit of interest in the past:)

i have played four string bass guitar for 4years now.

i play hardcore punk, some ska and jazz and funk. i occasionally go as far into the mainstream as the chilli peppers.

i am self taught, and cannot read music, though i can play most songs by listening to them and working it out. somesongs i can work out on the first play through. others take me days!

jonathan

I play electic and acoustic guitar in a band. The adres to a website on which you can listen to some songs is: http://www.ongekendtalent.nl/clubs/clubstek/clubstek.asp?clubid=4220

Please check out The Lalala Song, it realy is the song that defines the band. The site is dutch, but you can click on the songs just under the picture of the dog on the right.

The band currently does not have a record label, but some labels have shown a bit of interest in the past:)

Cool!!!!

• 17 years later...
  • 5 months later...

Relationship building can lead to hundreds of new potential music fans going public overnight, I know from personal experience. This is good for those of you who are just starting out who have time to build relationships between fans and artists. Therefore, I advise you to check out Reach a bigger audience on Spotify to become famous in a short time.

• 4 months later...

I like to play the violin. Playing the violin (especially virtuoso, associated with the sophisticated technique of the left hand) reveals creative abilities in a person, which can then be applied in any business. The violin gives a person a powerful imagination and flexibility of mind, increases the ability to creative insights, develops intuition.

I am absolutely thrilled to share that I have recently picked up the guitar and it has been an incredible journey so far! There's something so magical about strumming those strings and creating beautiful melodies. And you know what? I owe my progress to the Easy Spanish Guitar Songs lessons play-guitars.com/spanish-guitar-lessons/  that I discovered. These lessons have made learning the guitar so much easier and enjoyable. With their simple yet effective teaching methods, I have been able to grasp the fundamental techniques and even play some of my favorite Spanish songs. It's truly amazing how these lessons have unlocked a whole new world of music for me!