Besides me: A vegan bodybuilders blog

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL at me being a tease. I'm not a tease. I always perform....

Here are my plans for winter break:

Dec 19- Dec 21 Tucson AZ

Dec 21-Dec 27 Atlanta GA

Dec 28- Jan 2 NYC

Jan 2- Jan 4- Atlanta GA

Sometime between the 4th and the 15th- Portland, OR

January 15- Tucson AZ

Portland is not yet set. It depends who's gonna be in town, and more importantly, who can put me up for a couple of days. During that time period, if I'm not in Portland, I'd just stay in atl for a couple more days, though I will certainly make it out to PDX for at LEAST a long weekend. It all depends on who can put me up. I do dishes, pay for my food there, and sleep naked, so those are pretty good reasons to put me up.

I trained Back yesterday:

Pullups

3 sets of 10

Pulldowns, elbows out, using the hands as hooks, focusing on lats

130x10

130x10

130x10

Seated Cable Row

2 sets with 1/2 stack

DB Row

100x10

100x10

100x10

BB Row

100 lbs 2 sets high reps but I hate the way these feel so I didn't do them with more weight

Deadlift

100x12

150x8

160x8

160x8

DB shrug

60's x10

60's x10

60's x10

BB shrug

155x10

155x10

155x10

Not bad, sub 90 min workout, felt good, looked pumped, drank alot of water. Went home, took 60 g protein, then fantasized about zack.

I was super pumped up today. A bunch of new pb's. COOL!

Bike warmup, good mornings, stretching

Squats to Parallel

135x12

195x10

215x8

230x8 PB

Deep Hack Squats

150x10

200x8

240x10

330x6 PB

Leg Press

450 (+ sled) x12 easy

630 (+sled) x 12 easy

810 (+sled) x6 PB

810 (+sled) x6 PB

Lying Leg curls

80x9

80x10

80x8

Leg extensions

80x10

110x 8

110x8

Seated Leg curl

90x8

90x8

90x8

Done in about 90 minutes. Could have been quicker but was BSing around and stuff.

I drew upon several people for inspiration during these sets. Troy is one of them. I thought of how he commented that legs are pretty mental, you gotta believe you can do it. That gave me motivation. I thought of zack and some others on the forum. I also thought of Ronnie Coleman, someone I draw upon alot. I was sayin "Time to go to war baby, time to go to war" before the 850 or so pounds leg press. I was so stoked to be able to do hacks too. I freakin love those. My gym doesn't have one, so whenever I have an opportunity to play with one I use it and go pretty damn deep. Legs are fun.

Gotta get those wheels bigga, they ain't big enough yet

• 5 weeks later...

Had an amazing chest workout today. The weights were good, but what is really spectacular is the way my chest felt during the exercises. I have previously written about not being able to get that pump in the chest. Since then I have switched exclusively to DB pressing and have been practicing chest contraction. Now pressing feels very good, with the chest doing the work and not the tri's, nice pumps, a full chest, and just a generally good feeling. Workout went like this:

DB Bench

Warmup

60 lbsx 8

60x 6

60x6

Incline DB bench

55x6

55x6

55x7

Cleans

90x6

90x6

90x6

Dips

3 drop sets- bodyweight, then a 25 lb assist

Flies

3 sets on the machine, nice weight

Machine Press

2 drop sets- heavy and low reps immediately followed by light high rep

9 sets of calf stuff

Stayed in the 6 rep range for most of the free weight stuff. I was doing 8-10 reps for the last few weeks, now doing heavier stuff for a bit. The weight was not insanely heavy, but it was heavy enough where I was working hard while maintaining that good form of using chest contraction.

I've also been cycling a bit lately. I got a fixed gear bike for the road. I love it. Right now I am running 52/18, which is kind of hard, even though tucson is mostly flats. I'm getting a new crankset and chainring though, so I hope to be running a more modest 48/18 or 46/18 in a bit once I decide on what I want and order it.

We've seen a few! He was just here last week at my house and we got swolled up!

Somebody done let the dogs out. I reference Josh's work ethic and dedication when I talk with others. He's a good example of what to do if you're serious about bodybuilding.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, I destroyed myself tonight.

LEGS

Squat

135x12

190x9

225x6

225x8

Front Squat

135x8

135x8

135x8

Normal stance plate loaded Leg Press

Did the press after the front squats so the weight was light. I also went super deep. No excuses, just explaining what went down.

630x8

720x6

675x8

High and Wide leg Press (plate loaded)

450x10

450x10

450x10

DB Lunges

25's x 10

45's x 8

45's x 8

45's x8

I could do this all day. I'm glad its over though.

After that leg workout I had my usual protein shake (~800 cals), and a bowl of pasta with lots of veggies and some fake meat.

Then I went to one of those illegal rave parties that all the kids rave about and danced my ass off!!!!! I have been going to parties for 5 years, I love them, even though now I'm sober I bet I fucking party harder than you pre-game. Yeah buddy!

That was seriously like 5 hours of straight cardio in a sauna. I was covered in sweat, layers upon layer, and ended up taking my shirt off. Some peoples commented on my upper body which was nice. I fuckin killed it to some ill house, hard house, and happy hardcore (we can't win all the time lol ).

I was wise enough to bring a protein bar which I ate, I also brought a water bottle with Xtend in it, that was such a good idea.

I got home at like 4 30 am, ate a huge meal with a protein shake, showered, and passed out.

Now I am ridiculously sore.

After that leg workout I had my usual protein shake (~800 cals), and a bowl of pasta with lots of veggies and some fake meat.

Then I went to one of those illegal rave parties that all the kids rave about and danced my ass off!!!!! I have been going to parties for 5 years, I love them, even though now I'm sober I bet I fucking party harder than you pre-game. Yeah buddy!

That was seriously like 5 hours of straight cardio in a sauna. I was covered in sweat, layers upon layer, and ended up taking my shirt off. Some peoples commented on my upper body which was nice. I fuckin killed it to some ill house, hard house, and happy hardcore (we can't win all the time lol ).

I was wise enough to bring a protein bar which I ate, I also brought a water bottle with Xtend in it, that was such a good idea.

I got home at like 4 30 am, ate a huge meal with a protein shake, showered, and passed out.

Now I am ridiculously sore.

Now that's a crazy story you shared too. You have to take me to a rave. I haven't been in years.

You're hot Josh

• 1 month later...

PROGRESS PIC ALERT!

I did a bulking cycle last semester and while I did gain some muscle, I also gained more fat than I wanted too. I have cut a bit (somewhat unintentionally ) and am now at a decent bodyfat. I have kept gains in my upper back and the outer sweep of my quads, and my waist is tight again (it ballooned a couple inches, it was depressing). I think this makes me effectively look bigger than I have in the past, but according to the scale I'm lighter and leaner than I have been in a long time.

I haven't stepped on the scale in ages, I have just been going by the mirror. I stepped on the scale today and was unpleasantly suprised, to say the least, even though I think I look okay. I could've sworn I weighed more but that could be the mirror playing tricks on me due to a fairly low bodyfat.

So time to take action. I'm upping cals now and changing the diet a bit, from the recommendations of some people I respect and that I have communicated with/learned from. I'm not afraid to say I don't know as much as I want to, primarily in regards to diet, but am open to learning along the way.

Here is what is going to be the "before" pics of a dedicated bulking cycle where I will try to stay pretty lean and mass up till about 175 pounds by vegan vacation.

By the way these photos are totally UNpumped, right before bed, got ambitious, put my posing suit on, and snapped some quick photos using a bottle of baby powder and a cup to balance my camera on timer mode... you can guess it was hard to pose like this. I'll get some good shots once I can convince someone to take them!

WITHOUT FURTHER ADO...

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/9648/frontlatspreadrh7.jpg

The teardrops are picky, they chose when they want to come out or not like the weather I made the kissy face for veganpotter.

http://img132.imageshack.us/img132/7441/claspmostmuscularex0.jpg

Here is some version of a "most muscular" although I don't think this is my most impressive pose. Would have looked better if I did a set or two of pushups beforehand, but I'm trying to get to bed here. LOL.

There you go folks. Here's to bulking and good ole extreme gemma.