Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Thu Sep 18, 2014 6:42 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Hayley's adventures in O-town
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 6:13 pm 
Elephant

This is my first time "blogging", I guess that's a word! I'm bound to get better, so anyone that reads this, please remember that. Not much going on this Labor Day. I went to the Y to workout, and tried a new class that will be offered this fall. "Les Mills" Body Pump, it was similar to Powercuts classes, but had a different intensity to it, but it was definitely FUN! Of course at certain times I had less weight on my bar than I needed, and other times too much, but oh well.
Then for a treat I got Loma Linda vegan hotdogs,and Worthingtons chili. and watermelon. I figure every meat eater is eating hotdogs,and hamburgers that aren't good for them, at least mine are a lot healthier, and its a niice change too. Well that's been my Labor Day, hope everyone else had a good one!

Last edited by hsorlando on Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:43 am, edited 7 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:57 am 
Site Admin

Great to have you in the blog section :) Welcome to the forum as well.....I've been away for days so I haven't welcomed you yet. I will be in Orlando for the Central Florida Vegetarian Festival Oct 27th. I'll be speaking there. You should totally come out to the event!

Enjoy blogging and enjoy this awesome online community :)

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:26 pm 
Elephant

Thanks, it's nice to be here with fellow vegans, and people that are interested in fitness. I'm supposed to visit family in another state during mid October, but I should be able to get to this event.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:13 pm 
Site Admin

Great!

I look forward to seeing you there!

www.cfvegfest.org is the site with all the info about the VegFest.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 pm 
Elephant

I missed my Sunday Step class with one of my favorite trainers,and the week got a lot more complicated from there. I never would have dreamed of missing the class,but I had promised to help move some furniture. Its a good thing I went because the only guy that was supposed to help conveniently didn't answer his cell phone. I've moved more than my share of furniture, in fact if I was not going to be a trainer I could probably seriously consider opening my own moving company! I'm really not kidding either. Anyway when two women go into a Uhaul place you know you're in trouble. I was not doing the driving, but was there for moral support for the driver who hates freeways, but was about to use one driving a Uhaul truck. Anyway we arrived at our destination, right around the time I should have been doing right basics, L steps, and other Step Class moves. The furniture was not too bad to lift, I definitely got a bit of a workout jumping onto the Uhaul several times, then we left. The ride back to Orlando was not as smooth as the ride out of Orlando.The truck kept bucking,which is not good when you're on a freeway with a driver who does not want to be on a freeway! Thankfully the truck would not stall until we got back to Orlando, and then it in fact stalled twice! So we did not get charged but, I did still miss my less stressful time at the gym, and I had quite a bit of added stress at that point. Monday got more stressful, but in a good way. My brother got his two baby girls back after his wife left for Texas 12 weeks ago, not planning on coming back.They're now seperated. So after Muscle Toning I met my brother, and we waited for hiis two girls to be dropped off. It was so wonderful to see my nieces, and to know they were safe again,and not getting fed meat anymore,We don't know that for a fact, but his wife is from Texas, and her whole family loves steak, so we were a bit worried. After a couple of hours both girls were back to themselves, and the older one, she's almost two had just gone to her favorite restaurant Taco Bell. She loves the bean burritoes. Right now she eats cheese, but once her Dad stops I'm sure they will all be vegans. So its been a stressful few days, but tomorrow I'll get back to my regular routine, and my favorite place to go my local Y. People think I'm strange when I'm glad to feel sore after a good workout, which I know I'll definitely have at Kickboxing tomorrow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:19 pm 
Elephant

It's been a busy week, and I only got to the gym 4 times. As I posted before I missed Step, but I did get to Kickboxing, Latin Cardio (a dance/cardio class), Muscle Toning, and Cardio Strength, which is like M.T., but with more cardio thrown in. I'm also still working on my running skills, but this week I've had my mind on other things, so my focus was off. During the night I've been helping with my 2 nieces, my brother works 3rd shift. I hope he changes to day time soon! I have to go to his apartment to help take care of the 2 girls at night. My Mom and I have our hands full with them, I have no idea how my brother copes on his own. We're working on a schedule, and I know everyone thinks that my workouts should take a backburner for a while, but I have to be as ready as possible when I get certified as a personal trainer early next year.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:25 pm 
Elephant

Well not much is going on, but I did have a great week at the gym. So I'm back on track now. The gym is also having a contest, it's basically competing against yourself, as far as what your goals are. If you do a certain amount of running, swimming, or group exercise classes you get prizes. There's a beginner, intermediate,and Ironman challenge, which they give 6 weeks to complete. I may be finished in three. But maybe this is what I need to step it up a bit.
I am upset about something though, as far as my vegan diet goes. I enjoy going out to breakfast and having a bagel occasionally, with Tofutti cream cheese, and now found out that the bagels I've been eating in fact have an amino acid in them that is derived from animal feathers. YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad to find out these things, but I'm starting to think the world is against vegans and will do anything to stop them. I guess I'll just have to have my coffee at home and buy a vegan muffin from Whole Foods.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2007 7:01 pm 
Elephant

Does anyone else have people in their life that just don't understand how important it is to be able to workout. I love my family but sometimes I could strangle my brother. Until he became a Dad nothing was as important as his aspiring career in acting. And now that he's a Dad nothings as important as his two girls. I love my nieces a lot, but I have a dream,and goals that are seperate from them, namely my goal to become a fitness trainer. And in order to do this I feel it's important for me to get to the gym A LOT. I just don't want my family to think I'm selfish, hoow can achieving ones goal be a selfish thing. It shows that you want to fend for yourself, and not have others support you. Sorry I just had to get this off my chest. I am doing my very best to be a peaceful, serene vegan with no anger, but I have to get past this one issue first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 9:45 pm 
Elephant

I'm over my last post. Oh Well! Not much going on, just work, the gym, errands, watching my nieces, eating, sleeping, and watching tv at night. Out of all the new shows I think the best one may be Life, except I didn't like the beginning part about the dog. I wish any animal cruelty, even on tv was outlawed. I wonder if there will ever be a time when this might happen? Doesn't seem likely with all the war, weapons, and fighting going on in the world. That's it for now.

Last edited by hsorlando on Wed May 28, 2008 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:36 am 
Elephant

I feel great, I just had the best workout. It was Cardio Strength, but was leaning towards BodyPump, since the instructor was one that just got certified for BP. Anyway I have to go return a dvd/vcr player that I just got. I hooked it up right, but technical support said it was probably defective since I couldn't record with it.. Which was the main reason I bought it, and so I can watch my old vhs tapes. I know these combos will be obsolete in a few years but for now I have a lot of movies on vhs that I would like to watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 1:08 pm 
Elephant

Well, I was going through all of my posts, I have no idea why, but I figured I'd update my other blog. Eventually I'll come up with a better name for it. The reason I brought it back is because I want to keep non gym stuff out of my fitness journal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 10:05 pm 
Elephant

Since I'm not too terribly exciting lol, there won't be too many updates on my life outside of the gym. But tomorrow I'm skipping my run to get together with some other Barack Obama supporters, and watch the results for the Primaries from Texas, Ohio, and some other States. I don't get out too much, so this might be fun, or I might be completely bored out of my mind too! Either way I'm kind of getting into politics a bit, and thought it would be a good idea to meet some people. The get together I'm going to is in the same zip code as me, and has somewhere around 60 people attending. I'm guessing it must be a big house.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 9:40 pm 
Elephant

It was an interesting night. I was allowed to take a guest, so I took my Mom, and we were the first people there. The people hosting the event were very nice, and had a beautiful house. I didn't realize they would be feeding everyone, but there was actually food we could eat. They had indian food,and there was a rice dish, lentil bread, and some chik pea dish that were vegan. I was surprised that they knew about vegan diets. Anyway we stayed until 9pm, and then went to Whole Foods so I could pick up a few things. The party/get together got packed too, I think about 50 people showed up. I couldn't really hear the tv, but it was nice to meet some other Obama supporters. This guy who's running for congress and lives in the area also came by, and I learned a few things about Florida. Florida is number 50 for education for all the States. I knew we were among the worst, but dead last, is not good! Anyway even though I had an ok time I felt guilty for not running, but I need to try to get out more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 17, 2008 7:39 pm 
Elephant

I just found a reason to come to Oregon early. I found out I can help with the Obama campaign, by visiting a State that hasn't had their primary yet, and registering voters. Of course this would take money, but it would give me a chance to to travel a bit too. I think this would be an interesting adventure, and give me some more political knowledge too.

Last edited by hsorlando on Wed May 28, 2008 8:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:14 pm 
Elephant

It's been a long week. And it's going to be a longer weekend because I have no internet connection. We have 2 computers in the apartment, and my brother seems to think that his internet connection is more important, so at the moment I am at the Public Library on a computer. It's not entirely my brothers fault as we've had ongoing problems with our internet provider. Not to mention every time someone comes out to fix the connections they all say different things. So I see us going with another provider asap.