In many moves I've done reps like 8 + 5 + 5 + 4 or something like that. At least so far I've gained mass and enhanced my 1 rep max results pretty fast. I think I could try to do a bit longer sets though.
This is how often I think I can train without feeling uncomfortable pain (I like pain if it's good pain, the kind of that makes you stronger) from previous workout:
- Deadlift 2 times a week, 3-4 days rest
- Squat 2 times a week, 3-4 days rest
- Upright row & bent row 2-3 times a week, 3 days rest
- Bench press 2-3 times a week, 3 days rest
- Biceps and shoulders 3-4 times a week, 2 days rest
I've read a lot of stuff and I'm quite familiar with some of the training methods but I love the freedom to do what I feel like while still checking regularly that I train most of my body without leaving weak spots. If you find them from my training routines, please tell me and I'll fix them. I think I still have to look for more information to find a program that really feels like it's made for me.
Mon Mar 17:
2 hours breakdance
Got home at 9pm after 13 hours at work -> dead tired but I had to do at least something:
- Bicep curls 3 x 8 reps each arm separately with kettlebells
- Lateral raises 3 x 8 reps with dumbbells
Today I'm gonna take it back and train a LOT.