ORIGINAL ANIMAL AND ECO-WARRIOR DIES

It was one of the saddest days in the history of the world when the news reported the passing of Robert Hunter, the co-founder of greenpeace.

Robert Hunter and Paul Watson in 1976 sailed to the icy floes of the Canadian East and positioned themselves between the sealing ships and the baby seal. In the face of imminent threat of danger and death, and with the icy ground breaking beneath their feet, the stood their ground firmly for the baby seals. Their refusal to be bullied out of the way forced the huge sealing ship to stop. Bob Hunter took direct action in the 1970s and 1980s standing between harpoons and endangered whales, took direct action on the high seas to save dolphins and other ocean life. Paul Watson stood with him in the defence of marine animals. THey were the ones that led the campaign in the 1970s and 80s to spray paint seals ith a non-toxic, unharmful dye to ruin the commercial value of the pelts of these beautifaul angelic animals. Their courage and fierce dedication to saving animals saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

Greeenpeace strayed from the original vision of its founders, Paul Watson and the late Robert Hunter. So Paul Watson in the late 1970s formed the Sea Shepherds, a wonderful animal protecting group that sets sail on the high seas to take direct action against whale killers, dolphin killers, and the Canadian Seal Hunters. A few weeks ago, in fact, the Sea Shepherd's were attacked by the seal hunters of Canadian East Coast.

It would be an honour and a privilege to join Captain Watson on his expeditions to take direct action to save marine animals from both legal and illegal hunting. Please visit the website of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for more amazing stories and images of courage and true heroism, and for a biography on the late Rober Hunter, the original animal champion and eco-warrior. Mr. Hunter represented human nature and its best, and strived to protect our planet, our oceans, and every living thing on it. He was a gift to us all and he will be truly missed. I wish I had had an opportunity and honour and privilege to make his acquantance while he was still alive and thank him personally for inspiring and educating.

Take care everybody, and read up on Robert Hunter's life. He was truly a hero and a warrior. You will be moved and inspired as I was.

Edited by compassionategirl

It was one of the saddest days in the history of the world when the news reported the passing of Robert Hunter, the co-founder of greenpeace.

Robert Hunter and Paul Watson in 1976 sailed to the icy floes of the Canadian East and positioned themselves between the sealing ships and the baby seal. In the face of imminent threat of danger and death, and with the icy ground breaking beneath their feet, the stood their ground firmly for the baby seals. Their refusal to be bullied out of the way forced the huge sealing ship to stop. Bob Hunter took direct action in the 1970s and 1980s standing between harpoons and endangered whales, took direct action on the high seas to save dolphins and other ocean life. Paul Watson stood with him in the defence of marine animals. THey were the ones that led the campaign in the 1970s and 80s to spray paint seals with a non-toxic, unharmful dye to ruin the commercial value of the pelts of these beautiful angelic animals so they would not be killed for their fur. Their courage and fierce dedication to saving animals saved hundreds of thousands of lives.

Greeenpeace strayed from the original vision of its founders, Paul Watson and the late Robert Hunter. So Paul Watson in the late 1970s formed the Sea Shepherds, a wonderful animal protecting group that sets sail on the high seas to take direct action against whale killers, dolphin killers, and the Canadian Seal Hunters. A few weeks ago, in fact, the Sea Shepherd's were attacked by the hunters on the Canadian East Coast.

It would be an honour and a privilege to join Captain Watson on his expeditions to take direct action to save marine animals from both legal and illegal hunting. Please visit the website of the Sea Shepherd Conservation Society for more amazing stories and images of courage and true heroism, and for a biography on the late Robert Hunter, the original animal champion and eco-warrior. Mr. Hunter represented human nature and its best, and strived to protect our planet, our oceans, and every living thing on it. He was a gift to us all and he will be truly missed. I wish I had had an opportunity to make his acquantance while he was still alive and thank him personally for inspiring and educating. What an exemplary and exceptional human being that tried to teach others to respec and love the environment and life on it.

Take care everybody, and read up on Robert Hunter's life. He was truly a hero and a warrior. You will be moved and inspired as I was.

Thank you for sharing this. I will check out the websites and articles to learn more about them.

There are a lot of great people out there and I love to hear about them and the wonderful things they've done to save the lives of those who can't always protect themselves against the selfishness and evilness of some humans.

Thanks a lot for this info. One of the mailing lists I am on talked about Captain Watson and the crew and it was pretty cool to read that they are sticking up for the animals. I would like to join them as well if I had the chance.

Hey guys,

I will post more info about Captain Paul Watson, and the late Robert Hunter and the website address of the Sea Shepherds (not even sure if I am spelling it right). I have their info at home. I want to also provide a link to access the 1970 footage where it shows these two brave warriors literally standing in front of the huge sealing ship, and in front of the harpoon targetted to kill an endangered whale. Truly inspiring, dramatic footage that will give you goose bumps and move and inspire you.

The sad thing is that I had never even heard of Paul Watson or Robert Hunter until only recently. Of course I had heard about Greenpeace though, but note that the current Greenpeace only got a "B-" grade from PETA (the animal protecion organization that in my opinion is the most reliable and CONSISTENT) in its stance on helping animals).

Has anybody else NOT heard of these two warriors? Please let me know - it will give me an idea as to how well-known this organization and their work is and what they might to do reach more people.

By the way, please make sure that any environmental or "animal protecion" group is truly worth your support. For example, World Wildlife Fund (WWF) is in part responsible and supports cruel and crude chemical tests on animals. Watching their weekend informercials to raise money, seeing all the animals they help on tv, you would have never guessed that. SO PLEASE educate yourself of the WHOLE story with respect to seemingly great environmental groups before you decide that you want to support their work. A good place to start is www.meangreenies.com. Here you will find report cards on some of the top ecological and enviro-groups, and you might just be shocked at what you learn. I know I was. I just called to cancel my monthly donation to WWF and told them I would gladly resume when they became more animal friendly and I also told them that I did not appreciate their rather misleading tv informercials!!!!

That website again is meangreenies.com. Will get back to you with some awesome sea shepherd footage of some magnificent animals and the direct action taken to save them. Wow!!!

Thanks a lot for this info. One of the mailing lists I am on talked about Captain Watson and the crew and it was pretty cool to read that they are sticking up for the animals. I would like to join them as well if I had the chance.

No problem Kollision. I love doing my part to educate and inform, and I in turn love being educated and informed b/c let's face, everyday we can learn something knew. Even though we are all animal lovers and activists to some extent, everybody cannot possibly know everything. For example, like I said I only recently learned of the amazing stories of Captain Watson on the high seas, and that is even being an anti-fur and anti-seal hunt activist!!!

I think that the animal and earth protecion movement can be strengthened if it was more co-ordinated and more aware of itself and the different actors and players within it. SO I love connecting people with other people or sources of info. For example, I was on the phone today with Physicians Committe for Responsible Medicine who are pro-vegan but have never heard of this website or of Robert. SO I gave them the info and encouraged them to direct to this website anybody they encounter that remains convinced that you need animal protein to gain lean muscle. I am hoping that they will contact Robert and maybe will even sponsor Robert. I am sure that only good can come of contact between veganbodybuilding and them.

Hey Compassionategirl,

Thanks for promoting this website and sharing info about me with them, that's really cool.

Thanks for posting the articles, we've only had this new forum up for 9 or 10 days and have 150 articles posted, so I think that is encouraging and it will continue to grow.

I will continue to promote Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to the vegan community as well as the fitness community.

Have a great day

Wow Compassion, thanks for promoting the site. You are right about getting big name people into the field, and some are coming in, like Simon Cowell. I want to protest but I cant seem to find any in Los Angeles area. Where do you live compassion?

Hey Kollision,

I live in Toronto (Canada). I am sure there are lots of demos and protests in L.A. You are obviously very passionate about animal rights, so I strongly urge you to contact PETA and get on their "activist" list and also their email list. They will send you email updates about current campaigns to help stop cruelty, and will notify you of ANY protests and demos taking place for the animals in the LA area. YOU are obviously not obligated to go, but you can if you want to. I sense in your posts how passionate you are so I suspect that you, like me, would go to the demos whenever possible and be the voice for our animal friends.

Start by emailing peta at [email protected] or call them at 757-622-peta and tell them that youo are an animal lover in the LA area and would like to be notified of protests in your area. They can also, if you wish, put you in contact with local activists.

Hope you contact them - you definitely have that burning fire within that wants to get more active for the animals. GO WITH IT!!!