Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:49 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 10:06 pm 
Rabbit

Today I did my last long marathon training run before I enter the taper

I did 22m in 2:45 with an average 7:30 pace which would put me at a a 3;15ish marathon time, would I would totally be cool with, but i betcha that during the race I am probably gonna be pushing myself a wee bit harder than during the training run so I'm totally hoping to get sub 3:10, which we give me a boston qualifying time hehe :D which would I;d be super cool with for my first marathon.

I had been running closer to 8/m miles on the long runs but today i ran with the other guy from the cross country team thats doing the marathon and running withsome else helped me keep a good paace and not slow down during the end I guess.

I;m thinking of racing a 5k or mabye a 10k next saturday, but kinda leaning towards the 5k.

I scheduled a massage for tuesday because the place where I get a discount were mostly booked tomorrow, but I might skip my last class If i can get it changed to late monday late afternoon (which they did have an opening but I have class) but well see. it will be my first proper massage so I'm excited none-the-less

went to a mediterrian potluck tonight and ate juuuustttt a bit too much, jeez im gonna go try to finish my music theory homework before i pass ouuuuuutt

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 5:46 pm 
Rabbit

went out yesterday morning with another guy from the cycling team to do some hill repeats but he got a flat like 5 minutes into it...so I just rode around and did some hills for about an hour and then did a quick lower body workout in the gym.

likewise today just did a breif jog and then an upper body workout. In leiu of acutally racing a 5K tomorrow, I'm just gonna run one reallllly hard (hopefully get under 20 minutes) and then go to the farmers market to relish in some fresh citrus :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 9:12 pm 
I highly recommend bringing two tubes with you. That way you won't be so scared about riding after getting a flat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 03, 2008 2:40 am 
Rabbit

went out today and ran a mildly hilly 5k at race pace (in leiu of running an acutal 5k race today) and was pretty pleased. I did it in 19:40 which is 30 seconds faster than the last time I acutally ran a good 5k (bout a month ago) and this had quite a few mild hills in it.

right before I got a flattop ( o yea!) haircut, mabe thats why I went faster than before? :)

went to a raw food potluckk and aaaaaatteee waaaayyy too much ( a reacurring trend at potlucks for me...). I don't care how many enzymes were present my tum tum still hurt. heh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:35 pm 
Rabbit

stayed up late last night listening to my gf's radio show and didn't get up till 9 and because I wanted to get going on stuff for the day only did like a 4-5 mile easy light/run.

hopefully tomorrow I can get up in time for an hour of fartleks before class. I just signed up to help work on the garden of the macrobiotic campus/restaurant on sunday afternoon and will be getting free brunch out of it. something tells me I'm going to be rather full while I'm gardening...haha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:37 am 
Rabbit

Well the big race is 4 days away and I think I'm ready. tomorrow just gonna do 20 minute job, friday off, saturday 20 minute light job and then sunday is 26.2

my legs/knees feel a bit wonky, but I havnen't been icing them as much as a I should of. if still not feeling top tomorrow may schedule a massage for friday but don't really feel like spending another 35$, but should probably schedule one for the monday after the marathon anyway?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:56 am 
Stegosaurus

You'll kick butt

I wish you the best :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 6:36 pm 
Rabbit

Well today was the marathon!

Things started out well and I followed my plan of sticking between the 3:10 and 3:15 pacers and slowly moved into the 3:10 pack after a few miles of warm up. I stayed with them for a bit but then gradually started to shift back and lessen my pace. I was still going pretty strong until about mile 20 (the the part of the course that I hadn't run in training) and I started to slow down.

I then kept with the 3:15ers for a bit and then they passed me up. The last 5 miles or so were pretty tough for me and my legs felt pretty dead. during the last 1 1/2 the 3:20 pacers passed me, which I was a little disappointed with but unfortunatly didn't have it in me to kick it into a higher gear.

I ended up with a time of 3:22:07, which I would of like to have gotten 3:15 but am still very pleased with for my first marathon. Next one I do, totally plan on getting a Boston qualifying time (3:10) and if its in Austin train on the full course and not just 3/4 of it.

Also my nips are chaffed, first time that has happened during a run!

I got about 4 "Go Vegan!" comments..I was wearing my organic athlete racing singlet..over a long sleeved technical shirt which I wish I hadn't had on because I got a bit too hot. next time just wear a junker sweater that I toss off and then just be in the racing singlet.

Planning on taking this week very very easy and hopefully get a massage on tuesday if I can schedule it.

other stats for me

29/214 in my age group (20-24 M)

360/5134 Overall

316/3093 Men

62.1% Age Graded Results

"Age-Graded Rankings"

100% = Approximate World-Record Level
Over 90% = World Class
Over 80% = National Class
Over 70% = Regional Class
Over 60% = Local Class

for more info on age-graded rankings

http://results.active.com/pages/age_gra ... rsID=59455

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:50 am 
Site Admin

Awesome job! Thanks for the recap. I enjoyed reading about your first marathon and I wish you the best in your Boston qualifying attempt in a future marathon.

Well done. Enjoy a week of rest and recovery.

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:35 pm 
Rabbit

haven't really kept up with this since the marathon, but may give it another go now.

Today I did my first crit and it was...a good learning experience.

Racing Cat 5, I didn't feel like I would be left behind too quickly but I was totally wrong. I'm so still not used to sprinting on a bike and rather still have that long-distance running mentality of taking it easy in the beginning. I ended up getting 2nd or 3rd to last, but there are these quasi-informal crit's every thursday night until 5/1 so I plan on hopefully doing better the next time I do one (probably in two weeks)

I also didn't feel like I pushed myself hard enough, especially after one of my teamates (who got 4th in the Cat 4's) told me that he felt like he was going to throw up during the whole second half haha

Upcoming I've got collegeite stage race/crit on the 5/6, then an 150+ houston to austin non-competitive ride 12/13, and then the last collegiete road race/crit of the season on the 19/20.

After that I might do a running trail 30k or 10K on 5/4 , then India for 3 weeks aftewards full on triathlon time!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:09 pm 
Rabbit

woke up early and headed to the pool for good quick work out

warm up
5 X 66m in 60 seconds, 30 second breaks
2 X 400m in 7: 30, with 50 second break
cool down

was gonna do some weights after I was done with everything on campus in the afternoon but by the time got done laying out my newspaper page, I was a bit hungry and tired. Speaking of hungry went to the macrobiotic restaurant in town for dinner and had ....3 plates of this food, haha, I think acutally had 4 samosas, gosh darn it they were good.

Soup: Turnip, Cauliflower & Summer Squash Soup
Grain: Short Brown Rice
Bean: French & Red Lentils
Greens: Mixed Greens w/ Cilantro Pepita
Veggie: Sweet Potato Samosas
Pickle: Kim Chi
Salad: Mixed Greens w/ Miso Cilantro
Sauce

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 11:52 pm 
Rabbit

for one reason and then another didn't get around to do any training yesterday and it was gonna look like that today but didn't

road bike is in the shop so hopped on my mtb and did some spin-ups on a downhill in nearby neighborhood, which ended up being fun. I should do those more often, should help me get used to a higher cadences and whatnot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 6:42 pm 
Rabbit

did two workouts today, an early morning swim that consisted of

warm up
6 x 66m in 1 min w/50 second rest
4 x 200m in 3:40 w/20 sec rest
cool down

and then around 5 did a weights workout.

hmmmm the early registration pricing for the San Antonio marathon/half marathon in nov. ends tonight.......

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:47 am 
Rabbit

ack I totally didn't post in here the whole time during collegiete cycling season. so I guess I might sum it right if possible.

It was more than anything a learning experience. I got in a few crits and roadraces and two TT's one of which being a total uphill 1KM sprint. I look forward to growing better as a cyclist this summer and next season whoop it up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 05, 2008 10:51 am 
Rabbit

first vlog race report for 30K trail run race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFyo5FO9rgE

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 76 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next