I like MUSCLES!

I am ready to take both my health and my fitness level up a notch! Goals...to shed a little BF, to increase muscle, to regain my flexibility, to find some endurance, to increase my lung capacity, and to learn to listen to the needs of my body.

Phew....

OK, a beginning pic...

Now the Bob Proctor says we do not dream big enough, so I am dreaming BIG!! I want it all!!! Strength, flexability, endurance, agility, balance, and I want to jump over buildings in a single leap

Beginning stats...

Female

5"2.5"

121.4 lbs

17.25% BF

Waist .............26.75

at belly button..29.375

abs.................30.875

hips................34

thigh...............20.875

My goal is to update these figures once a week.

I am currently following a push/pull body building split with NO aerobics or stretching program . But...that is all about to change...dah, dah, dah, daaaahhhh...Beginning next week, I am adding in both some kind of aerobics (?not exactly sure of what type yet?) and yoga ...YUP!

So I guess that's it for right now.

Have a fantastic day!!

I want your arms! Right now I would like my after picture to be your beginning pic. What kind of aerobics are you thinking of. I take a Step class once a week, and it's a pretty good cardio workout. My lung capacity used to really suck, but it's gotten better when I recently took up running.

Good evening everyone!

Today my food was a bit on the short side since I am nursing this terrible cold my DS was oh so kind to generously share!

2 scoops rice protein

creatine

grapefuit

2 bananas

lentil vaggie soup with wheat free crackers

2 servings spiru-tein in almond milk...prepared thick like a pudding

Workout was fairly good, just did supersets of squats, chest, triceps and abs, a bit on the lighter side since my head felt like it was in a VICE!!!! Cough Cough! so 10-15 reps each.

Spent the rest of the day prepping food for tomorrow. HAPPY EASTER!!!

Beforewisdom~Ah, shucks....Thanks

DV and Marcina~At 43 I am probably in the best shape of my life, so far...I purposely did not include my abs in the photo...I really want to see my muffin top go POOF! I firmly believe that with hard work, an open mind, a deep belief in your goals, and a willingness to learn and experiment, virtually ANYTHING is possible!!!

Gogh_me~Thanks for the tip. It seems to me I have heard of the book before, I will definetly look it up!

Tasha~Someone after my own heart! I love the matrix, to be able to move like Trinity !

HsOrlando~I dream of being a runner, it looks so peaceful! But I haven't done any aerobic conditioning since I used to be involved in TaeKwonDo, maybe 3 or 4 years ago! So, please don't laugh, but I am thinking either some simple HIIT like 30/120 second sets on my treadmill ...or...a Richard Simmon's tape I feel like I am starting from scratch! But cardio is important and I need to start somewhere!!! And when it comes to health, pride and ego have no place in making the decision to take a first step! Not to mention it is still COLD in Chicago!!! BURRR!!!!!

Thanks everyone! I am excited to see my transformation too!

Today was a good day, no workouts on Sundays, but I made Easter breakfast for my family and my mom and mother-in-law.

I had Gluten Free vegan apple pecan pancakes, a vegan ambrosia salad and fresh orange/strawberry smoothies. YUM! !

Tomorrow I am going to take my DD to buy some paint to redo her room this week, but I am also determined to try and kick up my workout schedule at least a bit this week. So my plan for tomorrow is...

1. first and foremost hit the weights and hit them hard,

2. Then I'll take her shopping

3. a trip to Trader Joes to grab some more fresh veggies

4. Possibly help DD clean out her room

Now I need to figure out how to make sure I stay on my meal plan too! If I make a green smoothie as soon as we get back from shopping, protein after my workout and again before bed, dinner I think I'll make some hot wing tofu and cauliflower encrusted w/ vegan parmesan, throw in a couple of fruits in between and all should be good!

Lean and green~I've seen your pics...NO doubt you'll regain that physique pretty quickly! Awesome job!

Today was a good day!

I did back, hamstrings, biceps today, went heavy and employed the x-rep technique. And finally got back up to 7 STRICT pullups!!! YAY!!

Eating, well coulda used more green stuff, but this week is going to be CRAZY with spring break and painting, none the less, I'd give myself an A-.

But the best news is...

I had put out an intention of finding a mentor and hopefully a free personal trainer a few weeks ago, and shortly thereafter my DH forwarded this ad to me about a local gym looking to run a contest. Well the info was unclear as to what exactly they were looking for, so I filled out the questionairre and submitted an essay anyways. What did I have to lose? The following day I went in for an interview and even though I was not what they were looking for (too good of shape LOL!), I sold it! As part of the promo, they were giving away 4 free personal training sessions and the owner told me he wanted to train me personally! At the time I did ask about the possibilities of trading services...working a few hours in the gym for free personal training sessions...he said that was something we could talk about later. I also mentioned to him that my ideal next step was to find a mentor, and to work in a gym while I study for my personal training certificate. Well, I have my first session booked with him next Monday at 11!!!! I have never had any personal training sessions and all my learning has been thru voraciously reading and studying everything I have been able to get my hands on for the past 10 years. So I am so excited yet so nervous! YAY!!!!

And finally got back up to 7 STRICT pullups!!! YAY!!

You are super strong!

I had put out an intention of finding a mentor and hopefully a free personal trainer a few weeks ago, and shortly thereafter my DH forwarded this ad to me about a local gym looking to run a contest. Well the info was unclear as to what exactly they were looking for, so I filled out the questionairre and submitted an essay anyways. What did I have to lose? The following day I went in for an interview and even though I was not what they were looking for (too good of shape LOL!), I sold it! As part of the promo, they were giving away 4 free personal training sessions and the owner told me he wanted to train me personally! At the time I did ask about the possibilities of trading services...working a few hours in the gym for free personal training sessions...he said that was something we could talk about later. I also mentioned to him that my ideal next step was to find a mentor, and to work in a gym while I study for my personal training certificate. Well, I have my first session booked with him next Monday at 11!!!! I have never had any personal training sessions and all my learning has been thru voraciously reading and studying everything I have been able to get my hands on for the past 10 years. So I am so excited yet so nervous! YAY!!!!

This is great news! Good for you!

Thanks guys! I am most excited about being able to have someone check my form! I am a huge believer in compound exercises, and with those you can't always see every angle and nuance in the mirror. Plus if I can find a mentor who can help me realize my dream of becoming a personal trainer...what more could a girl ask?? YAY!

Speaking of feeling "beaten up", my poor body is feelin' it! I have been working on painting my DD's room and over the past two days I have spent 22.5 hours...yes, you read it right 22.5 hours... prepping, spackling, sanding, priming and painting! PHEW!!!! I am sore from my poor tiny muscles in my hands to the balls of my feet, as well as everything else in between! But ya know what? Darn my shoulders are popping today!

Today I need to go grocery shopping, or the poor puppies will be starving, do some laundry, or the poor kids will be nekkid, and then paint her vanity. Tomorrow is a road trip to IKEA! Saturday...I think I will be commatose on the couch!

So, no workouts, with the exception of just a wee bit of painting and ladder climbing and food, unfortunately has been on the way low side. I have been so focused on what I have been doing, I keep forgeting to eat

ah well, 2 more days of craziness, then back to my normal schedule and of course, getting ready for MONDAY!

Gotta go do laundry now! Catch up later! Keep hittin' it!

Good luck on the personal trainer goal! It's great to find a mentor.

Painting is HARD work. My mother roped my into painting the outside of her house last spring - two coats!!! It whipped my butt.

Well, today was, in a word, disappointing. I was hoping to find a mentor, instead, I feel like Thomas Edison...I found another way that doesn't work.

While he did not quite lie, I do feel misled. I arrived at my appointment as he was on his way out...??? what??? Anyways, I stayed and "worked out" with one of his assistants. I used quotes because the gym's philosophy is based on circuit training. Basically, the owner writes up 3 circuits each week...1 upper body, 1 abs and cardio, and 1 lower. If done right, this can be good, but they were mostly body weight exercises. The "trainer" simply stands in the center of the gym and will help people who are clueless as to how to do these proposed exercises. And while I have no dilusions of my weaknesses, I do know that the physiques of both the employees and clients were, shall we say... indistinguishable from the average chip eating couch potato you would see walking down the street...sorry, mean...me bad.. It's just that there was not one person there that motivated me in any way. It was a pretty sad environment and not one I feel I could grow and learn in. Call me old school, but I would prefer a gym where you can hear the grunts of exertion and see the twisted faces of those trying to force out just 1 more rep!

Maybe I have a romantic idea of what I want to accomplish by becoming a personal trainer...really helping people change the quality of their lives, but I have to believe there is a market out there for that. I want to be more than a 1 hour diversion or a worse yet, merely a hobby.

So, back to the drawing board! And back to bringing up my weak points, especially aerobic conditioning... !

I have deicided to start posting my workouts and food more for accountability, feel free to ignore it, or lend some constructive ideas

Tomorrow...

workout will be some interval training on the treadmill preceeded by some plyometrics

foods...

1. Oatbran, soy protein and almond milk

2. PWO creatine and 2 scoops rice protein

3. green smoothie made from 1 bag baby spinach, 2 small apples and 2 c strawberries.

4. soy protein pudding

5. taco salad made with Vegan Smart Ground Taco Meat

6. 1/3 c raw almonds and Chocolate Stevia and soy cream in coffee

totals from fitday=

Total: 1531

Fat: 46 417 29%

Sat: 9 82 6%

Poly: 7 67 5%

Mono: 19 168 12%

Carbs: 171 520 36%

Fiber: 41 0 0%

Protein: 124 494 35%

Alcohol: 0 0 0%

Hope everyone has a fantastic evening!

WOW, I'm pretty excited! I just finished my first aerobic session in forever, and as I strapped on my trusty heart rate monitor, I made an amazing discovery! Now, keep in mind that I have not done any cardio or aerobic work since I became vegan in November...my resting heart rate when I was omni was 72...today 63!!! Nothing else other than my choice of fuel has changed!! WOW!!

OK, so today I started out with a 5 min warm up on the treadmill

followed by 5 minutes of slower, Calisthenics/plyo's to get my HR into my training zone of 150-165

Did 15 minutes of various jumps and TaeKwonDo kicks maintaining my HR

Finished up with treadmill work...

3 minutes at 4.0

3 sets of 30 seconds at 8.0, 2:30 at 4.0

7 minutes at 4.0

cool down

HR got to a high of 186 during last 30 sec sprint, and took an average of 2 minutes to come back down to 164. At end of cool down, HR was 137.

I ended my workout with 20 minutes of flexibility exercises

Total time workout time...65 minutes

Total time in target heart rate zone...35 minutes

So, there ya have it, some beginning numbers and some cool revelations, and now to improve on these!

First today's foods, I couldn't stomach the thought of protein oats before my workout this morning...I usually workout on an empty stomach , but I know..."I'd get better results if I ate before working out"...blah! I keep trying, but I end up naseous if I do, so I just ate 2 bananas before, dropped the oats for today, and replaced the taco salad with a taco topped potato...YUMMY!! So macro nutrient breakdown changes to...

Calories Eaten Today

grams cals %total

Total: 1562

Fat: 42 379 26%

Sat: 6 56 4%

Poly: 7 62 4%

Mono: 17 153 10%

Carbs: 210 695 47%

Fiber: 36 0 0%

Protein: 103 411 28%

Now on to tomorrow...

Planning a push weight training session going for high reps...15-20 for a change of pace.

Foods will be...

1...2 bananas

2...PWO creatine and 2 scoops rice protein

3...green smoothie consisting of 1 bag spinach, 2 extra large apples

4...soy protein pudding made with unsweetened vanilla almond milk

5...Thai rice and tofu with broccoli and leeks

6...1/3 c. raw almonds and chocolate stevia and soy cream flavored coffee, topped with soy whipped cream

Total: 1825

Fat: 43 391 22%

Sat: 4 33 2%

Poly: 7 64 4%

Mono: 15 138 8%

Carbs: 295 1011 56%

Fiber: 42 0 0%

Protein: 99 395 22%

Gotta go thru some old files tonight...mostly nutrition...I think Have a fantastic evening!