Think twice before eating white bread

robert

A friend sent this to me today:

Contaminated Flour

This may make you think twice before eating white bread. Inquire further, and know if its really true.

Studies now show that there is a chemical in white flour, called alloxan that makes it look "clean" and "beautiful". Problem is, alloxan damages the beta cells of the pancreas so they no longer produce enough insulin and the cells malfunction and die. So you may be devastating your pancreas and putting yourself at risk for diabetes by eating "beautiful" flour.

In fact, the Textbook for Natural Medicine calls alloxan "a potent beta-cell toxin".

Scientists have known about this for years because diabetes researchers commonly use alloxan to induce the disorder in lab animals. In a research sense, giving alloxan to an animal is similar to injecting that animal with a deadly virus because alloxan and the virus are both being used to cause illness.

Bottom line - Whenever a whole, ripe, raw, organic food is changed by deleting nutrients or adding chemicals, there will always be less nutritional benefits and something harmful might be created. Nature knows best, we are what we eat and absorb.

the white bread in america tastes unlike whitebread anywhere else and reading the ingredients list is so full of chemicals it's amazing.

i think most people are pretty aware that loads of processed white carbs (crisps, breads, pastas etc) are pretty shit though...

in fact i don't really know of anyone who eats white bread past childhood.

I try to avoid gluten alltogether because I feel better when I don't eat it.

if you've gone a long time without gluten it's best to just avoid it all together because you'll find you've got a newly aqquired gluten intolerance.

Exactly. The longer I stay away from gluten the worse it gets when I start eating it again. But I think I always was a little intolerant to it. My stomach gets upset and I feel "bloaty" and weak when I eat it. I realized this when I first got off it.

*Edit*

I don't have this "bloaty" problem when eating whole grains though and wheat is worse than the other grains. Also alot of bread have hydrogenized fats in them which seems to worsen the situation.