Marcina's Food Blog

Really?? I thought they had a memory span of 3 minutes lol.

Today's meals:

Breakfast: Big bowl of Vector cereal and muesli mixed, coffee

Snack: Banana

Lunch: Spaghetti from last night

Dinner: Tofu stir fry with rice

Workout: Went to town on the shoulders. Did a push routine and added some legs since I was at the gym. I must have done a good job cuz my shoulders feel like rubber.

Post workout: Vega and a bowl of muesli

Got a little munchie while playing video games and ate an english muffin and soy marg. I know I ate more but I forgot what it was..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember what I ate last night! Bananas and strawberries. Mmm mm

Breakfast: Vector w/ soy milk, Vega, coffee

Snack: My memory is awful.. I think I had a banana

Lunch: Lentil Soup, raw carrots

Dinner: Boyfriend made some ginger soy stir fry

Basically I snack a lot between the day but for some reason I've been having terrible memory lapses. I'm having a hard time remembering what I eat during the day. I might have to start writing it down on paper and record it on here later. All I know is that I don't let myself go hungry.

its probably a good idea, even if it's just for a couple of days, to write it down as you eat. i hated doing it when i started, but then i was like whoa! i ate a lot! or wow...i didn't eat nearly enough today. it's helpful. when i feel like i'm slipping on my diet, i write everything down for a couple of days and it gets me right back on track.

Today's foods:

Busy day but I think I managed to eat enough.

Breakfast: Vector and soy milk, coffee

Lunch: Tofu on vermicelli with veggies

Snack: Raw almonds (and chocolate.. I think I ate too much ) a banana

Dinner: Salad with pan fried tofu on top and raw seeds

Snack: an Orange, raw almonds, english muffin with jam and soy marg.

Breakfast: Vector, soy milk and coffee

Lunch: Pita with hummus, banana, an orange

Dinner: Tofu on top of veggies and rice

Workout at the gym: 15 mins of cardio, delts, lats, inner/outer thighs, biceps, and lower back

Post workout meal: Vega pudding!! Nom nom nom... and a bowl of muesli.

Okay so today was kinda weird foodwise. Having some stomach issues. Is it just me or does Vega cause really wicked farts?

Breakfast: Big ass bowl of Vector and some Bio K soy formula for my irritated bowels

Went to Starbucks on the way to Vancouver and got some coffee flavored coffee with soy milk

Today in Van I went to a guitar show n' shine. Bif Naked was actually there briefly. She's almost done her chemo and then she's going into the studio to finish some albums. Met "The Machine", her guitarist. (I seem to meet all of Bif's guitarists) and donated some money towards breast cancer research

For lunch I went to Yogi's, which is a nice vegetarian restaurant on Commercial Drive. Had an interesting vegan dish.. No idea what it was called but it was like a giant potato pancake made with chick pea flour. Had some samosa too. This place makes the best samosa I've ever had. I ate too much and went home and had a nap. I think I'm coming down with a cold cuz I have some sinus pain and just feel like poo in general.

My day would have been complete if I got to meet Robert too but Vancouver is a big city! Also checked out this place called Shakti which makes some really good raw vegan fudge.

Even though I have a cold, I had an awesome day and I'm happier than a shit covered fly!

Dinner: Silvio made some yummy vegan pasta for me. He also made some fresh juice with his juicer. It had apples, carrots, and rhubarb in it. It was delish!

Now it's time to come home to my meat eating family. They went grocery shopping today by the looks of it and bought meat, bread, and pastries. No veggies or fruits. They tried buying me some canned soups. (I think they're for me, since nobody in this house eats soup that doesn't contain the words "beef" "chicken" or "cream") They got lentil and mushroom barley but it's generic brand and contains beef extract and cheese. I really wish they'd learn how to read ingredients lists instead of buying the cheapest thing they can find. I have to give them credit for trying but after 2 months you'd think they'd know what a vegan is by now. *sigh*

Moving out next month hopefully.

Making some vegan pudding right now. Waiting for it to chill. Should be good. ^^

Ate the vegan pudding. Came out like cement. The boyfriend didn't like it buy I did. I just hope it doesn't upset my stomach.

I really wish they'd learn how to read ingredients lists instead of buying the cheapest thing they can find. I have to give them credit for trying but after 2 months you'd think they'd know what a vegan is by now. *sigh*

i feel ya hon. 5 years later and i still go home on the holidays to "oh i made the mashed potatoes vegan this year....except the butter. good grief. don't bother. someday.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with cinnimon and apple spread and applesauce on the side

Snack: Raw carrots and hummus, juice

Lunch: Bowl of Vector with soy milk, vega pudding, hummus and whole wheat pita

snack: An orange, some candies *^^*

Dinner: Spaghetti!!!!! nom nom nom

Workout: Triceps, delts, chest, little bit of abs.

Vega shake after

I have been feeling like shit since Friday. I've been trying to quit my antidepressants, which I've been taking since I was 14-15 years old and it hasn't been going so well. I've been getting headaches, dizzy spells, depression.. and I have a really hard time dealing with my anger. I mostly feel angry because I have some self loathing issues that I've had my whole life. I also feel angry because I know that these drugs I take have taken over my life and I feel like I can't function without them. It would be very unvegan of me to take these gelatin capsules and I feel like a horrible person when I have no other choice but to take them. It's so stupid. I'm angry at myself for being weak, I'm angry at the doctors who put me on them, I'm angry at life for throwing shit at me all the time, but at the same time I feel like I have nothing to be depressed about. It's not like I live on the street, or live in a warzone, or can't eat. My biggest issue is the employment problem in this town. There aren't a lot of jobs for young women like me except for waitressing or fast food. Here you need a certificate to serve people food, which is fuckin retarded because I carry food on plates every single day. I know how to sterilize surgical instruments but people can't trust me with forks.. Fuckin stupid.

That's another thing that pisses me off. I'm $10,000 in debt for going to school for something I can't find work in. I also have no car, so I can't commute. Public transit here is a joke. My sister is having a baby and I'm being rushed to GTFO and I have no idea what I'm gonna do with my pitiful life. .. Geez.

I had oatmeal for breakfast today and some fruit about an hour later.

Lol so I was too grumpy yesterday to even finish writing down the rest of everything I ate. It's that time of the month, what can I say? I'm bitchy. I got some chocolate though weeeeeeeeeeeee

Today's complaint is how fuckin dirty this keyboard is! Seriously! It's DISGUSTING! People need to not eat over it.

today:

Breakfast: 1 cup of oatmeal with a handful of almonds, coffee,

oh ya and an oat cracker. They're good.

• 1 month later...

I've been too busy this past month to really keep track of my food. I think I'm gonna change this blog up a bit and add my training regimen into it. I'll even blog about how awesome/shitty my day was.

OK so today was Mother's Day and I fell off the raw wagon and ate a bunch of cooked shit. I feel tired and a little gassy.

Breakfast: Oatmeal, banana, almonds and cinnimon + coffee

Lunch: Green smoothie. It was so creamy cuz I added avacado. A real treat.

Snack: Leftover sweet potato fries.

Dinner: Baked tofu, green beans, nugget potatoes, and a glass of soy milk.

Dessert: chocolate vegan ice cream with almonds. Yummm

Snack: Choco Loco bar (this vegan bar made without gluten, dairy, or 8 other common allergens)

This is why I hate eating cooked food. I end up craving too many sweets and screw my diet up. Why do I crave junk food after I eat cooked food? So weird.

Ended up feeling a little depressed too.. I have really negative body image and it's been bugging me for awhile. Every time I look in the mirror I pick at myself. I hate my lower body especially. Saturday, I felt great. I worked out, liked what I saw in the mirror for most of the day.. Until I put on some pants and tank top to go out and was ed and changed my outfit 3 times.

I really want to lose at least 5 pounds. The scale hasn't budged even though I've been eating as clean as possible and trying to get workouts in when I can. Working evening shifts suck harsh. I don't work out before my shift because I'd have to get up pretty early to do it.. Then I'd be tired the rest of the day. I can't workout afterwards when I get home either cuz I'm tired. It blows. Luckily I got 3 morning shifts this week. Maybe I can concentrate on cardio and losing this nasty ass fat that I have.

I worked out legs on Saturday. They hurt a lot now, especially the hamstrings and inner thighs and glutes! I work them as hard as I can since I have a hard time building up my lower body.

Edit: Forgot to add the 3 oat crackers with cashew butter and the rhubarb "jam" my boyfriend made.

Edit again! I'm so forgetful.. I had a papaya with my afternoon snack. It wa AWESOME.

Breakfast: Same old oatmeal with nuts, seeds and bananas.

Had a green smoothie then did my push workout, with abs incorporated in there. Green smoothie contained kale (lots of kale, had to chew it) avacado, a banana, raw hemp powder, some mixed fruit, and rice milk.

Had a glass of soy milk afterwards.

For dinner I had some pineapple tofu, a spinoff of my mom's pineapple chicken. It was alright.

Now I'm having some water. I need to get back into the raw diet thing but I'm having a hard time with it. I don't really know what to do, what to eat, when to eat it.. etc.

It sucks cuz raw food makes me feel so much better, but I am not doing it right because I burn out too quickly during my workouts and I can't lift as heavy as I used to. With cooked food I have more endurance to work out, but I end up with digestive problems. I'm stuck.

On another note, I'm pissed off at my sister. She's babysitting this baby.. I might have mentioned it before.. But when he cries, my sister sits on her ass and texts her boyfriend and ignores him. She expects US (me, my mom, and her boyfriend) to take care of him. Just a moment ago the kid was screaming and she was outside smoking a cigarette and groping her boyfriend. Fuck. She's gonna give birth to her own kid in a couple weeks and I don't think she can do it.

Evening foods: I had banana, an orange, some carrots, almonds and water.

Still stressed out about moving, and about my job. I have to somehow get to the other gyms for some fitness training thing and I don't drive. Trying to figure out how to get there but my mom won't co-operate. She just gets mad and fucks off. I don't know why she has such an issue driving me places once in awhile.

It's not okay for me to ask for a ride to futher my career training, but it's okay for my sister to get knocked up with some unknown guy and live here. WTF.

It's scary but so many of the things you're going through are quite similar to what I'm going through. I don't drive either. and it always seems like a hassle when I need a ride somewhere, mostly because of my brother though not my mom. And his solution is always the same starting to drive. We'd of course be in the same situation because I can't afford a car, or gas, or insurance. The only thing that gets me through it all is my workouts. I hope yours do the same for you, at least by getting rid of some of the stress.

Lol same here! I can't afford that stuff. I make a dollar over minimum wage. Most of my co-workers don't drive either. They had to bum rides off other people too!

Back to the foodage:

Breakfast: 1/2 oatmeal, nuts and seeds, 1/2 cup of coffee

Snack: Banana, some almonds, and an apple

Workout: Stairmaster for 3 minutes (was pressed for time) and 30 minutes of training back and biceps. Threw some calf raises in there too since I need to work on them.

Got home and had a yummy Vega shake and a nap since I didn't sleep well last night.

Dinner: A nice big green salad with nuts and seeds, and a green smoothie with hemp protein and soy milk to wash it down.

Right now I'm thinking of having some soygurt and berries.

My mom is very grumpy. She's having stress at her job. It's sad, she makes less than I do and she works so hard. Her boss is harsh ripping her off.

Just finished my oatmeal with bananas and nuts hehe. It was good.

I'm not sore at all from yesterday's workout. I'm gonna go back to my old gym. The one I work at is for women and is basically targeted at those who want to lose weight. The freeweight section is pretty limited and the equipment they have for the back just SUCKS. Some of the machines don't even adjust properly and it's just annoying. I'm sick of the pansy ass girly machines. I need to go back to training with the men hahaha!

I did some bent over rows with the barbells that did alright with my rhomboids and rear delts. My lats are getting strong. My biceps too. It's hard to get them sore. If I'm not sore the next day I usually think I didn't work out hard enough.

I also need variety and the girl gym I work at doesn't have that. At least not with weight training. For cardio it does.. *sigh*

I used to think the same thing about being sore after a workout, but that has changed some. I think sometimes changing to a new exercise is more beneficial than going heavier if our body is quite used to that movement. This is what usually happens to me. If I do a different exercise sometimes I can barely move that part of the body the next day or two.

Today I packed an apple, a banana, a salad, and some leftover pineapple tofu for lunch.

Came home after work and had a green smoothie with hemp protein powder.

Right now I'm eating some pasta Silvio made me.. I'm wondering how my tummy will take it, since wheat hasn't been my friend lately. It's soo good though. I usually eat a wheat-free diet, but sometimes I fall off the wagon. I should probably see a doctor and find out if I have IBS or not but it's hard to get an appointment on days I don't work.

Good morning from my boyfriend's place!

My mother is a cow. HooLY crap. I got home from work and she didn't even LOOK at me. Just mumbled some junk.. Then she went upstairs and yelled at her dingbat boyfriend for a couple hours while the boy and I watched TV and ate dinner. After my boyfriend left she decided she was bored at screaming at her boyfriend and decided to have a go at me. This wasn't pretty. After working all day I don't want to come home to some bitchnut on a power trip. I packed some stuff and left for my boyfriend's place and here I am! I'm moving here today. I'm pretty nervous about it. I lived with a guy before and it ruined our relationship. Everything changed and Im so afraid that will happen again. That's why I've been reluctant to move before now. Nobody ever asked my opinion on my sister having a baby and me being kinda shoved out of the household. I'm old fashioned and I believe that when two people have a baby together, they take care of it. My sister gets about $900 a month (that's more than I make, even) from welfare and disability (She's not disabled just fukin lazy. I don't know how she scammed the doctor into filling out the disability forms) and she's got this boyfriend she's apparantly "oh so in love with" and they're getting married. I dunno, I think she's gonna stay living at home for the rest of her life.

It's not that I want to live at home, cuz I totally don't.. But being asked to leave on a short notice, and having to get lawyer appointments and filling this out and that out and spending money I don't have.. Nobody sees my point. They want me out at the drop of a hat. I can't just move in with my boyfriend without taking care of these things first. Not to mention I don't have a vehicle and nobody's offered to help me move. They keep saying "The baby's coming the baby's coming!!" She isn't due until June but they seem to thing it'll come this weekend. They think the doctor's are stupid etc. etc.

That's right, they went to school for 7 years and they know nothing.

Obviously my family doesn't listen to doctors cuz they continue to smoke like it's going out of style.

I'm also the only one out of all of them with a full time job. My mom works 4 days a week, usually about 4 hours at a time. If she took care of herself better, and didn't eat crap all the time and smoke.. She'd feel a lot better. My sister hasn't worked in over a year. She got fired from McDonald's. She's never kept a job for over 3 months. That's impressive. AHH.

I'm glad I'm getting out of there, but I hope that things work out ok with my boyfriend and I. I'm so worried that it won't

... I hope nobody reads this and thinks I'm crazy O.o........

Marcina,

To see if a couple can last, I am very much in favor of the moving in scenario. Hopefully you are doing it to be with him more so than being pushed out of your household.

I'm sure you know from experience that it's a wise decision to test the waters and see if two people can live together.

I am glad that I lived with an ex once for a period of time b/c had I not, I would have not known if it could truly work. The relationship would have dragged out alot longer and it still would have one day broke off. We were incompatible.

I really hope it works out for you, don't worry, time tells all tales. And if it ends it sooner than you hoped for some oddforsaken reasons, then at least you found out right away and not from a long drawn out relationship.

I wish nothing but the best for ya!

Thanks you guys! We had a pretty good day today. He dropped me off at work (I started an hour before him) and he picked me up after his shift and we went for dinner together. I totally ate stuff I shouldn't have and now I feel guilty.. I ate the evil fried food.. Deep fried tofu.. Veggie tempura.. Omg.

Delicious.

*feels ass getting bigger*

We're supposed to be moving the rest of the stuff out of bitchtit's place (lol bitchtits) but we're both too friggin tired. We were up at 6 am and only got about 5 hours of sleep since we had to rush around last night. I cried myself to sleep because I missed my cat

I keep thinking about how nobody is going to love him the way I do once I'm gone. My sister's got her baby coming soon, my mom has her 2 cats, her boyfriend has his lizard (A bearded dragon-lizard you dirty birds!!) and nobody is around to cuddle Fred but I can't take him cuz he's technically my sister's cat.

Im sorry, pets choose the people they want to own, not the other way around -.-;

So today I ate the same junk as yesterday.. Oatmeal, salad, banana, carrots, almonds, a little pasta, and then the super junk food supper.

Good-bye abs.

Ahh this is so hard. "my" food isn't here yet and I am on such a strict diet right now.

I just got off work and I had a fruit cup and soy milk for dinner because I don't want to eat anything cooked or processed.. Which is all that seems to be here at the moment. Even though soy milk is processed and not raw I wanted something with a little protein/vitamins in it..

I'm avoiding carbs at night, especially since I didn't find time to work out today cuz I did the evening shift. I don't have my hemp protein, or my Vega and I'm going crazy. I'm so desperate to lose weight and not hate my body for once. I need to get back into my routine. I hate when stuff interferes with it. I have so much on my plate right now.. The move, the big fight with my family cuz I didn't move out fast enough, the stress of moving, work, figuring out the retarded public transit systems.. I got this fitness theory thing to go to in Surrey and White Rock. Not only do I have no idea to get there, I can't figure out the bus systems. I can't get a ride out either.

Breakfast: Oatmeal with almonds and coffee

Snacks at work: Almonds, banana, carrots

Lunch: Leftover pasta (which i didn't finish cuz i discovered some cheese on it cuz my bf gave me the wrong container) and a salad.

Dinner: My fruit..