Say "hello" offense74!!!

compassionategirl

Ok, just saw this thread

A little about myself:

I live in Gothenburg, Sweden and I'm currently lacto-ovo (explanations further down).

Right now I'm working out 5-7 days a week and it looks something like this:

Mon: Back, Jazz

Tue: Chest, Funk

Wed: Arms, Jazz

Thu: Funk

Fri: Jazz

Sat: Usually off

Sun: Funk

If I don't feel like working out I skip it. But I love it so much that I usually work out at least 5 days/week.

Diet:

Trying to follow the eat 2 live program by dr. Fuhrman but have slipped some the last few weeks . When I commit myself to stick to this program I feel awesome, so I'm going to get back in there as soon as I'm back from my 1,5 weeks in Kenya (on safari, going on wednesday ).

To his program I add pea protein, vegan DHA, calcium + vitamin D and a multivitamin for vegetarians.

Before this I've been playing american football for 10 years, kickboxing for 6 years and a few other sports before that. I'm still officiating american football.

My veggie story:

2,5 years ago I ate everything and I weighted 45kg more than I do today. The first thing you do when you want to lose weight is of course to drop the sauces and add more veggies. When you drop the sauce you realize that the good thing with meat and potatoes is in fact the sauce. So after about year I stopped eating meat, just to try it out (I still ate fish). It went well and I appreciated the veggies and fruits more than ever before. This spring I went full vegetarian for 4 months. I ate quite bad during this period (not because of the veganism) and I gained a few kg's. Due to social issues I went back to lacto-ovo even though I feel the best when I'm on unprocessed fruits, veggies, beans, oats (+ a few vitamins and pea protein) and go without the dairy (cheese tastes good but helthwise it's like eating poop).

Since I became a vegan a few things has happened:

Meat: I'm off the meat due to health reasons.

Fish: Some fish are flourishing in our oceans due to our pollution while some are dying. I don't which fish is flourishing and which is not (and I don't really care) so i stay away from it alltogether. I don't need it. I got my flax and my vegan DHA.

Eggs: I think moderate amount of eggs is good for you (healthwise). I try to keep it down to a minimum since I don't really need it. Sometimes it makes life alot easier to not take it out complletely and as I don't think a little of it is bad for me.

Dairy: Ok. Dairy sucks in all possible ways but one. It tastes good. Cheese tastes good. Cake tastes good. However, there is no doubt in my mind that it would be healtier to eat poop than dairy. I keep off it as far as I can.

Gelatin: Everything that contains gelatin contains other things that is even worse than the gelatin itself. I keep off it but not insanely (I don't cry for three days if I ate a pastille that contained gelatin).

The rest: Crushed lice, beespew and all the alike. I can't get myself to care about lice. Sorry. If I can find good, affordable shoes without leather, I'll by 'em. If I don't and my body has to be punished for me working out with bad shoes I choose the ones with leather. If I have to choose beetween destroying the environment with acryllic clothing or cotton drowned in DDT-like substances and wool, I sometimes go for wool. This is a choice that's not fun to make. I do think about these things though and try to make the best of it.

Alot has happened for me during the last 6-7 months since I first became a vegan. I've been around the 'net trying to find anweres. I've seen hunters talk to vegans. I've seen farmers talk to vegans. It turns out my standpoint wasn't thought enough thru. So I'm back to being an almost-fully-vegetarian for health reasons, working towards more whole, vegetarian foods.

Politically I've changed a little since meeting with all the far-left vegans. When I started off I was social liberal and now I've drifted some (but not fully) towards libertarianism. Politics charges me emotionally and I can get wound up allthough I'm usually a very positive guy so I will try not to read the political threads here (if there are any) and by that try to avoid unnessesary confrontation.

Hello Offense74,

Thanks for the detailed introduction! Welcome to the TEAM. I hope you find some answers to your questions here. I think with the diversity of people here you should be able to get an answer for pretty much anything you can think of.

Also feel free to post information, thoughts and opinions anytime.

Not everyone is fully vegan here, I'd say 90% are, but we have some non-vegans, some vegetarians and some people in a transition phase to a vegan diet. All are welcome, our wish is to encourage and educate others.

Have a great day and thanks for being part of our group.

-Robert