Michael is Pumping Iron in Steel City!

Friday, November 11

I found my form a little better on squats today. Also felt more flexible than I have in a while. Managed to get all of my reps to parallel, except for the last at 315 pounds which was very close but not there.

Chin Ups - 5x3xbodyweight - Between squat sets.

Squats -

10x135 pounds

8x185

6x225

2x275

1x315

Dumbell Bicep Curls -

8x35 pounds each

6x45

3x55

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Michael, your workouts sound intense. I was curious what results you had when you did BFL? Do you think it is effective for burning fat? Did you aim for hte 6 proteins a day or just do the best you could?

Thanks Ash, I do try to keep up the intensity.

Body for Life worked wonders for me back in 2000 when I first tried it. I followed the diet as best I could, but always got 6 proteins. They weren't always the "quality" of proteins that the program called for, but I still got great results. I usually did shakes for 2-3 meals a day.

Overall, I lost about 30 pounds of fat my first time through, most of it in the first 6 weeks. Good luck, it really does work. Keep the diet strict throughout the week and don't forget to go a little crazy on free day.

Okay! I cannot post the rest of my workout any way I try! The above took 7 postings and edits to get that much in there. It simply will not take the rest no matter what I do.

I have the same problems!

That's why i don't continue my log...

That's why there is a big gap near the beginning of my log. I had these problems before, now they are back.

Monday, November 14

Finally! I managed a triple with 225 pounds on the bench press! I've been working on that for two months now. I felt so strong, I even went for a fourth rep. It didn't go up!

Also managed to push 245 for one, which I failed at on last wednesday's workout. It went up pretty easily. This is a big deal to me because I worked long and hard to bench my bodyweight(244) and I don't want to start slipping back now!

Barbell Bench Press -

10x135 pounds

8x155

6x185

4x205

3x225!!!

1x235

1x245

fx255 mental mostly I think

5x205

12x135 close grip

Tricep Cable Push Down - 3x8x100pounds

Dips - 2x12xbodyweight (No shoulder pain, yeah!)

That would be me, aka VeganEssentials!

Actually, at last week's weigh-in, I came in at 271 with shoes and shorts, making me closer to about 268 by this time. Still gaining with little added food intake, which hopefully means that it's all good weight going on!

Sorry to hijack briefly. Good work on the bench, by the way!

That would be me, aka VeganEssentials!

Actually, at last week's weigh-in, I came in at 271 with shoes and shorts, making me closer to about 268 by this time. Still gaining with little added food intake, which hopefully means that it's all good weight going on!

Sorry to hijack briefly. Good work on the bench, by the way!

Damn bro, you are up to me now! Congratz! Lookin strong man, saw it in the picture thread. Hrmm I gotta get my butt in gear, time to hit 300.

Sure! Hijack my log and remind me how tiny I am.

Jonathan, if I'm skinny, what does that make you.

muscular and toned!

ryan, i am seriously jealous of your metabolism! i eat and eat and eat and the weight goes on sooooo slowly. back up to 230 again though, from 225 so im moving in the right direction.

jonathan

Sure! Hijack my log and remind me how tiny I am.

Jonathan, if I'm skinny, what does that make you.

muscular and toned!

ryan, i am seriously jealous of your metabolism! i eat and eat and eat and the weight goes on sooooo slowly. back up to 230 again though, from 225 so im moving in the right direction.

jonathan

Just a wee skinny lad.

id challenge you to a weight gaining contest, but i would only lose!

the goal is 235lb by the end of the year, 245 by the middle of next year and about 255 by the end of 2006. should be attainable, even with my defective metabolism.

jonathan

Sorry to hijack this thread once again but dang...us vegans are getting too big! We are bigger than normal people! Good luck on your bulk.

Ok ya, so back to Michaels lifting routines.

Sorry to hijack this thread once again but dang...us vegans are getting too big! We are bigger than normal people! Good luck on your bulk.

Yeah man, giant vegans and tall too! Topher was the short guy at Vegan Fitness Week at 6 feet. You should have seen the gang of giant vegans carrying Jonathan's squat rack home from the shop through the streets of Manchester. It was a funny sight!

Wednesday, November 16

Barbell Shoulder Press -

Clean and Press

10x45 pounds

8x95

6x115

4x125

2x135

Clean and Push Press

1x155

1x175

2xfx195 Failed to clean it the first time, failed to press it the second.

Chin Ups - 4,3,3,2,1 Done between sets of:

Barbell Upright Row - 3x5x120 pounds

Barbell Shrugs -

12x135 pounds

10x225

3x8x275

10x225

Hanging Leg Raises - 2x15