Body changes

FormicaLinoleum

I have been working out for a little while now (about 4-5 months) and I'm curious about whether my body has been changing or not. I'm not weighing myself. And I see myself in the mirror every day, so I may not have noticed smallish changes.

So what I did this morning is try on a dress that I have had for a while but has been a bit tight in recent years. I put it on, and it was still tight... but now in completely different areas. It was okay in the hips and stomach (which is where it used to be tight), but I was bursting out of the top! I couldn't zip it up all the way. It seems that my upper back is broader or larger, something I didn't notice at all just looking at myself every day. But it was pretty noticable when I tried to squeeze into that dress. I had noticed that my breasts seemed a little "perkier"--maybe development of my chest muscles has caused them to be supported more?

Anyway, I thought this was pretty interesting. I know what I should do is take periodic photos so I can make comparisons.

Anyone else, especially women, notice little changes like this over time?

Absolutely! Clothes stop fitting correctly, I am about 1-2 sizes smaller this year then last (depending on the designer) and after a friend commented on me wearing sacks, I guess I 'll have to go buy clothes. Finding clothes that fit is a nightmare now, apparently I am supposed to be shorter to fit in a size 2 or 4, which is OK for shorts or skirts, but I'm having trouble with pants. I didn't really notice that I had lost as much as I did until trying on clothes. Like you said the scale didn't change too much, everything is getting more defined.....pretty cool really.

So happy to hear your already seeing changes....start saving for a new wardrobe

Congrats on the fit change! I've had to new wardrobe once and I'll probably need to again soon. I'm still adjusting to getting size small stuff for my now much more trim waist instead of XL or L.

*sigh* I miss working at a gym... The best stories are always about clothes fit.

Hey good for you! One of the best ways to assess your changes is to simply measure the area with a tape measure. Simply take the measurements around your chest, waist, hips, (I include my upper thigh), calves, and biceps. I also weigh myself and take one shot of myself in a bikini (I do this every 3months). I am looking for constant improvement, and depending on where I have been in my life, I've either wanted next to no bodyfat, or like now, a muscular physique(I you count mozzie bites then we're on a roll!!!)

• 4 weeks later...
Anyone else, especially women, notice little changes like this over time?

Yes! But everyone around me noticed before I did. My kids have been telling me that my jeans are getting too big and I should go get some smaller ones. Friends and clients have been commenting that it looks like I've really lost some weight. I noticed that my face looks a little thinner. And, I'm wearing bras one cup size smaller.

According to the scale, I've only lost about six pounds.

Yes! But everyone around me noticed before I did. My kids have been telling me that my jeans are getting too big and I should go get some smaller ones. Friends and clients have been commenting that it looks like I've really lost some weight. I noticed that my face looks a little thinner. And, I'm wearing bras one cup size smaller.

Awesome!