Basketball after 15 years off

Holy cow! I need to share this with you guys. I played Basketball in high school. I received a scholorship to a div. 2 school, that i didn't take. Needless to say my pop was pretty upset with me. To make a long story short i have not played a real game in 15 years and only shot hoops a handful of times in fifteen years. Well my work organized a game for charity, you can see by the pic that it was all men and me. We played (2) 25 min. halves and i played all but like 5 minutes. Everyone was shocked at how well i played against the guys. I scored i think 8 points. We won with a score of 61 to 53. I was on such a high! My hard work at the gym, surely helped me with my endurance and i really wasn't sore. I had sooooo much fun, and i was driving my hubby nuts talking about it.

http://www.e-emetalfab.com/photogallery/2008/Basketball%2004-13-08/IMG_0403.jpg

http://www.e-emetalfab.com/photogallery/2008/Basketball%2004-13-08/IMG_0400.jpg

The pics are blurry but you get the jist.

You sound like me. I played a lot in high school and also gave up a scholarship. ~shrugs~

I havent played in a while. But each time I do I pick up the game amazingly fast and my friends are usually disappointed when I wreck them out on the streets.

In fact, this a question to all you sports people out there, how do you find time?

I mean. I want to do free running, weight lifting and martial arts. But at the same time when spring hits all I want play basketball and soccer also!

I cant do all five of those, and I know a lot of them have cross training involved. UGH

honestly, i try to be a jack of all trades and play sports in season. Summertime, I'm out playing handball, wintertime i'm indoors playing racquetball. Other sports outdoor and indoor as well. And to lift weight as often as possible. I try to be well rounded in everything and to excel as much as possible in bbing....

Thanks everyone! It was a blast and maybe i will start to play again. If i do it will be over the winter months.

dontxhide - To answer the question about time.

I work full time, plus i race anywhere from 2-4 times a month. So we are in the garage pretty much every night working on the car(s). I try to get to the gym at least three times a week. It definitely is hard to find time. I also have 1-1/2 acres to take care of along with a veggie garden and multiple flower beds. So if i do play ball again it will have to be over winter. Plus i shouldn't risk an ankle injury because then i won't be able to race the car.

-Ann