Old School NBA... continued from Playoff topic.

Since Rob and I were nerding out on the golden years of the NBA on the Playoff thread, we decided to move it to here.

If anyone wants to join in, that would be great. Any stores you want to remiscese about would good also.

NBA 1970's-1990's.

Hawkeem Olajuwan. Dominique Wilkins. Michael Jordan. Larry Bird. Magic Johnson. Tim Hardaway. Chris Mullen. Reggie Miller. Larry Johnson.

Tons of players.

Anyways. Rob. Im at work now, but when I get off Ill watch that video you posted.

I dont know if you remember this. But Dikembe Mutumbo had a thing were when he blocked a shot, he would wave his finger at people. Yes, just his finger, because his hand was so damn big it looked like a regular persons hand having.

Anyways. Michael Jordan rose above him one game (before the game, Dikembe said that no one has ever dunked on him) and flushed it down on his face. As Jordan landed back on the floor, he waved his finger and Dikembe, just like Dikembe did to hundreds of other players. Michael Jordan was charged with a technical.

But still, one of the most amazing dunks I had every seen at that time.

I still remember stats from certain players from 88-95. I collected basketball and baseball cards and played furiously in my early youth. I was alright at baseball but I was good at basketball. As a suns fan 93 was a big year for me with the finals versus chicago. Damn you Will Paxson, and I swear that last shot was not blocked Horace grant but was slowed down by Oliver Miller, Kevin Johnson should have made that shot. I followed mostly the suns and even knew Tom Chambers's cousins and met Charles Barkley and Oliver Miller at their house before.(I always thought one of them was sleeping with chambers's cousin.) Come to think of it I was positively influenced by Charles Barkley's attitude. I liked the Malone and Stockton team in utah, Stockton played like Steve Nash does now, way to go small white guards. I never cared for Jordan because he was flashy but you have to admit he kicked ass! He was the best player ever. The confidence he gave off was amazing. I liked Isiah Thomas because he was such a upbeat guy and quick as hell. My uncle went to college with larry bird and played ball with him when he was practicing. Larry Bird could shoot like there was no tomorrow. I got out of sports around the baseball strike happened and I don't really follow anything anymore other than hearing things from my friends.

I was watching old Bird videos yesterday. I loved how he tried to fight everyone, his temper was amazing haha!

Growing up in Utah durng the Stockton Malone days were annoying. I never liked the Jazz, but everyone here was crazy about them, hell, we even have two statues of them in front of the Delta Center! I admit they were good, but yeah.

Robert: That Shaq video is amazing. I remember watching him when he came into the league. He was unstoppable. Remember all those backboards he shattered? He played much better then than now, but his dominance was phenomenal.