Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 6:00 pm 
Rabbit

Still having a sloppy internet, but still doing cardio and weights properly! But my legs hurt still from the squats, I must ponder whether to lower the weight or not for next time.

18/04:

Cardio: 30 mins step machine 8/12

19/04

12 mins HIIT treadmill
5 mins elliptical

Weights:
Bench Press : 5x5 40 kg. I can surely add to the weight, slowly.
Inclined DB Bench Press: 4x8 (1xsixteen, 1x14 kg per hand, 2x12
Verticali 4x4

Have to look into my loss of strength in the inclined bench press, when the standard one was easier to do, and with more weight.

It's not how many times you fall down that counts - it's how many you stand back up that matters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:04 pm 
Elephant

you know skot, sometimes it just depends on what you do first. I can push incline bench alot harder than the last week and because of all that extra exertion, when i follow up with flat bench, I cannot even do as much as the last week. Whatever you do first, usually you can exert more force.

Example. You squat first all the time and do a certain amount of weight. One week it becomes the 4th exercise on the totem pole for legs and you do other squats ahead like hack squats and perhaps a leg press. Most likely, you will not be able to squat as much as you did on the other days when you placed it first.

It shouldn't be a big cause for concern. It happens to me all the time and usually with bench more than anything as well like yourself.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 10:17 am 
Elephant

Incline also uses alot more small supporter muscles to get it the weight up: anterior deltoids for one, and the pectoralis MINOR is another. Flat bench is usually easier because you have the big strong pectoralis MAJOR to do most of the work (especially if it is on a Smith machine, or something that keeps it in an up and down stable motion, so the use of stablizier muscles are kept at a minimum).
Also, you fatigued the pec major in the first exercise, which brings the playing field to even when doing the incline presses (the pec major is spent, and the smaller pec minor and anterior delts come into play now).
Also, no matter what the weights say, it is all in how it feels. You know when a muscle is being used to its fullest (shaking on the last rep of the set) and that is where the growth will be. Like your legs hurting. You need to give them time to recoup with rest and nutrients (I don't think pushing cardio with legs should be used during a leg day or the day after if they are still hurting). Lose weight by just watching what you eat that day. More raw veggies instead of bars or any other sugar laced carbohydrates, and keep your protein up to provide aminos for the muscles to rebuild what you ripped to shreds the day before.