Bike Photos

I'd cycle any time if I were in Greece...the scenery has to be a million times better than what I see every day. In the summer here its very hot and humid...luckily thats when I'm racing and not training as much.

I'd cycle any time if I were in Greece...the scenery has to be a million times better than what I see every day. In the summer here its very hot and humid...luckily thats when I'm racing and not training as much.

I don't know the climate you have but last summer was very tough here..

We had temperatures up to 115f degrees...Also there were many fires in the forests and there was smoke in the air making things even worse....

But if you ever come here you are welcome...We are gonna have a vegan meal and even a ride(i am gonna come with a motorbike to catch you )...

I don't know if the bird can take the heat though...I can deal with it but I don't like it. I've done a couple 100mile rides with 110degree heat index ratings...I don't like it but I make due.

My stock (26" wheel) trials bike: Koxx Level Boss 1040 - Chris King rear hub with cro-mo drive shell, Magura HS-33 hydro rim brakes, ground and tarred rims for stick.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/KoxxLevelBoss1040II-February2004.jpg

My mod (20" wheel) trials bike: Echo Team w/ Magura HS-33 and Hope Mini front brake. Rear tire is 2.5X20.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/100_0014_5.jpg

My 1999 old school blue Monty X-Lite 221 Mod and Suz's 2002 Monty X-Lite 221 mod. Classic trials bikes!

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/100_0018.jpg

Suz's current mod trials bike - the only one we still own, even though we're both retired from riding: Koxx Level Boss Short mod with Chris King headset, White Industries freewheel, Bike Bonz crankset (158mm front freewheel), Hope Mono Mini disc brake on front, HS-33 on rear, Try-All Stiky tires (and they are sticky!). Rear rim ground monthly when we were riding...

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/Bike2.jpg

Thx, Sydneyvegan - you've ridden a trials bike? Sweet! Lotsa' good trials riders in Aus, mostly in Sydney and Adelaide I think. I really miss that sport, but I'm on the old side for it now and I couldn't ride anymore with my back injury anyhow. Every now and then I pull out Suz's bike, or jump on a buddy's and hop around like the good ole days. Can still pedal kick and stuff - you don't lose the balance! I still shoot stills for a pro trials rider buddy. Suz is getting requests to come out of retirement to ride in a big comp in Whistler in a couple of months, but I don't think she will.

We need more bike pics here - where are they?

Sweet bikes...I love trials...although my balance is terrible. I wish people around here did them so I could at least watch...the closest thing is kids doing simple drops on bmx bikes...fun but not the same thing.

Thx, Sydneyvegan - you've ridden a trials bike? Sweet! Lotsa' good trials riders in Aus, mostly in Sydney and Adelaide I think. I really miss that sport, but I'm on the old side for it now and I couldn't ride anymore with my back injury anyhow. Every now and then I pull out Suz's bike, or jump on a buddy's and hop around like the good ole days. Can still pedal kick and stuff - you don't lose the balance! I still shoot stills for a pro trials rider buddy. Suz is getting requests to come out of retirement to ride in a big comp in Whistler in a couple of months, but I don't think she will.

Is Gee still competing?

Is Gee still competing?

Yeah, Gee's still in full effect... He just went down to Baltimore for a comp not long ago and he's been courted by another company for a factory sponsorship (he's currently sponsored by a bike distributor).

Gee's vegan right??? Let me know if he's in Baltimore again for a competition. I'll cheer him on and host him if he wants.

Yup, Gee's a vegan. His wife is also a vegan trials rider - she was inspired to start riding trials by Suz. I'll let him know for the next comp down there, thanks Potter!

Gee's vegan right??? Let me know if he's in Baltimore again for a competition. I'll cheer him on and host him if he wants.

Yup, Gee's a vegan. His wife is also a vegan trials rider - she was inspired to start riding trials by Suz. I'll let him know for the next comp down there, thanks Potter!

Can you get me on contact with him??? I'd like to see if he and his wife would be interested in being on the Organic Athlete Pro Activist list. Basically its for vegan athletes(mostly people on bikes) that take it further than just eating vegetables.

Potter - yeah, most definitely. I'll try to get him on here to pm you or something. He's living in Toronto right now, but he's due to move back out west to Vancouver in May. I think he's even moving in with us for a bit... they may be very interested in OA.

Funny pic, Tasha - I do remember it. In fact, for some reason when I opened Picassa yesterday, that pic was right there in front of me! Weird! (that's vegan cake in Gee's teeth - they're not rotten or smashed out from eating his handle bar on a bail or anything...)

Thanks...it'll be great to mix things up a bit. We've got two inline skaters, 2 really hot surfers , and hopefully two trials competitors...that'll make for a great mix of sports not normally attracting vegans specifically.