Tennis

Any Tennis Players here? Anyone here even like to play Tennis?

I remember many years ago I wanted to get into Tennis but I was so fat running back and fourth was a pain.

I kinda want to be a pro Tennis player now. It seems like a fun way to make money. I do have a few questions though.

Is it possible to be a good tennis player and maintain an ample amount( If not full Bodybuilding amount ) of muscle? I'd like to be both a Tennis Playing and a Bodybuilding Vegan.

How good is Tennis at being a Cardio Sport and being good for the Abs?

For those that are into Tennis. Are you allowed to wear your own styled hats or do you have to wear the basic white?

I stopped playing for good when I went vegan too...but to answer your question yes you can be good and bulky. I was one of the best under 14 tennis players in the state and I was 270lbs...not idea for tennis but I hit the ball so hard that most people couldn't get to the ball or they'd mishit since I hit as hard as some weaker pro tennis players.

I played tennis for my high school team and for my division I college, granted we sucked as a division one but whatever, we did our best!!!!

I was pretty brolic during my tennis years and our number one seeded player was the biggest gym rat in the entire school. He was and still is a tank. He would rep out 225 x 15 on the bench for sets upon sets before every practice. He would intimidate the opponents with his size as well.

Tennis is a great way to burn calories and have fun. I think you're okay with any hat. Personally I didn't like hats, I only wore headbands. But painting crazy designs on your racquet with marker was a big no no as it distracts the opponent. Although somehow the chicken man got away with squawking and doing chicken struts every time we played against his team and he was the number 1 seeded player on his squad. Go figure....

Interesting how both of you quit Tennis when turning Vegan. Was it due to your Veganism or was it just a coincidence/lack of interest?

That sounds interesting L/G. I would have deliberately hit the ball into that mans face lol I joke of course. That would get me disqualified.

But personally I like the idea of Tennis. I was never really that good at it but I want to get good. After all Tennis beats wrestling and Football any day( I'm not much of a contact sport kinda guy )

You know I never thought of the fact that tennis balls are made of wool! It sounds familiar now that you mention it, I believe i've heard it before but it didn't come to mind.

Many sports are like this unfortunately. Footballs, Baseballs, etc etc.... Sucks.

I didn't stop b/c I went vegan Dr. Pink; I stopped after I graduated college as there was less people to play with locally and I put more effort into bbing. I started the transition in veganism around the end of 2003, I believe, not certain. But I graduated college in may 2002....

I actually played a couple of times last fall. It was fun to get back at it.

I'm not into contacts sports much either but I used to love to play roller hockey and would again any day. I could never handle ice hockey, just didn't work for me.

Most pros also use natural gut strings...there's quite a big difference in performance from natural string to synthetic. I used natural string a few times and it was considerably better...I wouldn't want to play without having the best stuff(thats just me)...so I won't play again until the balls aren't wool and synthetic strings are close to natural strings.