I eat meat

aurovon

I know, I don't belong here. But I just recently came across this board and people here are way more mature than the other bodybuilding board. I know for a fact this board will help me more with the information that I seek. Anyways, just wanted to say HI! And...if it helps I plan on only eating seafood when it comes to meat.

Edited by aurovon

hey aurovon,

Welcome to this board. While many here are compassionate and passionate vegans that will tell it like it is without sugarcoating the meat issue, we are, in my opinion, still very respectful to all and welcome anybody that chooses to genuinely partipate. There are lots of people who first came here eating the standard American diet, or as vegetarian, pescatarian, basically non-vegan. So please dont feel "shunned" here at all.

Just dont be posting any marine creature recipes or ask for any!

I hope this board informs, inspires, educates, and raises awareness. You will find discussion that is informative, inspiring, thought-provoking, as well as funny, frivolous and sometimes just down right ridiculous, very light-hearted and silly.

And then you will find people that think having a 6 pack no matter what they eat is a "curse." His name would be Jonathan.

I have met some of my most favourite people in the world on this very board.

In other words, the perfect balance.

I hope you like it here.

P.S. WARNING: Robert Cheeke can inspire veganism EVEN FROM A HUNGRY TIGER!!!!!! Trust me I speak from experience

Thanks for the welcome. I was actually reading an old thread on this site called "Why fish?" which has good information on why NOT to eat it. It makes sense, without a doubt. I hope to do more research on what kind of vegetarian diet I can intake to change my lifestyle. It can be my New Years resolution

There's this vegan chinese place downtown, in the bathroom someone wrote "fish are friends not food". I thought it was sweet.

Welcome aboard.

so true, they are. I have seen fish that are like dogs. For example, when there "owners" came home from work, they would swim up to the side of the tank closest to the door and stay there, as if to greet. I think pet fish, especially with no other fish adn in small tanks, is horribly cruel. Fish get bored too, swimming endlessly in circles in a small tank.

Did you know, for example, that lobsters are very loyal mates and usually stick to one mate for life!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!! How many humans can you say the same of? Not many, unfortunately.

I can go on with fish facts and stories that would raise your consciousness of these amazing marine life forms, and generate respect for them. The bottom line for me, though, is not that creature is loyal, or smart of whatever. The point for me is that I dont need to kill a fish (or support its killing) to eat, so I choose compassion/life/mercy over taking another living things life, merely to please my tastebuds.

anyways, sorry to have gone on but I wanted to respond to what Aaron said about fish being friends, not food. SO TRUE!

P.S. When will I ever find my lobster?

Edited by compassionategirl

Ha that lawyer bit is funny. I almost missed it.

Welcome!

I think you've seen enough rheteric for the moment, so I'll leave it at hello and nice to meet you

(edited because I remembered how to spell rhetoric and didn't want to look dumb )

Edited by veggymeggy

Welcome!

This is not the place to be if you want to continue eating meat.

People who come here have a strange habit of going vegan.

But I just recently came across this board and people here are way more mature than the other bodybuilding board.

So true! Looks like you have already gotten a warm welcome.

Welcome to our site!

Thanks for the comments. As I like to say, I think we have the friendliest and most welcoming vegan forum. We have all types of people from all over the world and somehow we end up becoming good friends, hanging out together in person, or plan to travel in the future to meet up in person.

We have lots of people who are very informed on vegan issues and those who are inspiring and motivating. (Thanks Natalie for the comments and thanks Kourtney as well).

I live with 2 other vegans and it's great. Topher and I visited with a bunch of kids today and he passed out a flyer for Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness to them

As Michael Hobson said, people who hang out here do have a tendency to go vegan

Welcome to the Vegan Fitness Team!

-Rob

Thanks again for the welcome. I did not mention this before, but I have a lot of respect for you guys. Not only you guys have awesome e-personality but yall have a strong will to be on a healthy/respectable diet! Robert, the video is sweet You are doing a great job with this website, I have no doubt it will only become more popular. I used to be an admin for another major forum, so if you ever need any help im here. Cheers!

When will I ever find my lobster

Patience.

But yeah. I want lobster.

Or something like that

You dont want lobster-- your vegan . You mean you want to find a lobster (i.e. a loyal mate that will never leave you, just like lobsters are loyal and monogomous -- only to be boiled alive and thereby taken away from their life partners and for what? For somebody's few minutes of cullinary pleasure? :cry: no joke, this is all lobster fact ).

anyway, i hope you find your lobster soon Aaron, and she lives up to the standard set by these amazing creatures.