Denise Nicole's Figure Journal (AKA SeaSiren)

Wow! So what was it? Just major deyhdration... I'm very curious what they said happened.

You definitely sound like you are pushing yourself too hard girl! Our bodies can only handle so much... I can relate to how extreme your training and diet are and I think that you may have to come to the realization that there's a reason competitors don't do many back to back competitions... because most bodies simply can't handle that much stress. A competitor that comes to mind is Jodi Miller...figure competitor turned bodybuilder, but she had the same drive and determination as you, and finally had to face that her body coudln't handle the amount of competitions she had laid out for herself, but she really struggled with times that she knew she needed to cut back. I'm thinking maybe you should look at 1 comp every 3 months with at least a 2 to 3 week break in between prep?? Just a thought.

I know you'll bounce back, you were just pushing yourself way too hard. Hope you feel better really soon and thanks for posting.

Melissa

p.s. On another note, I saw your post on Vegan Fitness about your daughters activism. If she doesen't have a website, I would love to help her create a lil one on Google web page creator. Its free and I know the program inside and out, so if she ever wants to get in touch with me, I could help her have her own website. I get really inspired by kids who are trying to make a difference so that's why I'd love to help her

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks VP And I'll let her know.

I think if I had been only training and doing the comps I would have been fine. All the shoots, headlines (especially take a lot out of me) and most of all being attacked twice in one day and having to have security constantly with me anymore (people waiting for me in parking lots and such) plus personal life stress..... problem is I don't I don't "feel" so apparently repressing is bad. I also have 4 children to care for and a home of course, and have had to take in a series of other's children lately while their parents are off on some binge. I have been homeless and hungry before. I can't turn them away ever, so I always want them to know they have a place to be safe, even if it's just for the night. I think the combination with all that is going on has been a lot on me.

What's so funny is, if it was any of my clients I would have been irate if they went to comp after weeks like that. But myself...... I push til I can't go any harder. So funny how we are much harder on ourselves! lol

Denise I could never be irate with you because you are you and thats why I never tried to talk you out of doing the show only just to say do you want to pull out very quetly lol.

Knowing you as I do you will bounce back to the good this will only make you stronger and at last maybe understand why I keep going on at you to get your sleep and rest times in.

ROBBBIExxxx

Thanks everyone

Looking back over the event with clear head (hind sight is 20/20). I've got this sucker in check and implementing the changes accordingly.

Full Physical this AM, totally passed with flying colors, of course running full gambit on the blood work, have to fast so will do it in the AM.

However in the clear to train, (kinda already was, just not lifting). Lifting begins today ..... let the games begin!

Meal 1: Just had coffee and 1/2 banana (not a morning person)

Jumping on tread now, interval training 20-30 min (whatever I decide while on it). Water throughout

Meal 2 (planned): Lite tofu scramble w/green peppers and onions

Weight Session:

Very Light since it is my first day back to it. I am now incorporating chest ... so playing it by ear and seeing which exercises seem to agree with me.

Chest

Bench Press 12 @40 – 8 @40 –6 @50 –4 @60 –2 @65

Shoulders

Seated Dumbbell Press 12 @8- 8 @12 – 6 @15 –4 @20 – 2 @20 –need to up weight

Lateral Raises 12 @5- 8 @8 – 6 @10 –4 @12 – 2 @15 –need to up weight

Triceps

Tricep Push Downs 12 @70- 8 @80 – 6 @90 –4 @100 – 2 @100

Tricep Press Ups -Bars - Body Weight 8-6-4-2 need to up reps

Stretching

BCAA's and water throughout

Meal 3: Protein Shake 38g w/water

Planned:

20-30 min Vertical Dance Practice

Meal 4: Cabbage & Bean Stew (also includes, onions, peas, & baby spinach)

20-30 min interval training on tread

Meal 5: Protein Shake (50g) w/water & 1 tablespoon flax oil

Meal 6: Protein Pudding (50g)

Supps & water throughout the day. "free" food -green tea

Tomorrow is cardio ab day. I will try to add a protein shake to the AM meal, this will bring my protein and cal intake where I want it right now. Been easing back in since I have not been hungry and really not doing a lot (recovering). But will need the cals & protein now that I am training again. I am approx 6 weeks out to my next comp, but have shoots, etc in the interim.

• 1 month later...

Long time no "sea" rofl

Been super busy (now there's a shocker, lol) Been training but will just jump right back in from here:

Monday & Tues did a full body wo + cardio. Had to meet with an agent so had to the the super quick weight drop. Came in pretty well and the interview meeting went very well

So Wed & Thurs I was a bit sore and a tad weak from the fast drop, so did cardio and abs only.

Today I am scheduled for my normal routine, so will jump back in to where I am supposed to be and do back and biceps.

My weight in right now is at 117. I have a comp at the end of the month and should come in easily at around 112. Which is where I should be.

Diet is changed up a bit, incorporating more whole foods into my plan and just kinda play it by ear, so will post as I go along.

OK, off to run errands and then gym!

You're hardcore, Denise!

If I did a whole body workout and then cardio I don't know if I'd be able to get up the next day! Hahaha!

Don't work too hard, I'd hate to see you suffer from the consequences of overtraining! I had that happen to me about a week ago. It suuuucks!

Take care!