4 mile bike ride to boydbuild then 4 mile ride home

Guest veganpotter

4-5 miles won't hurt you at all...if you were talking 4-5 miles of running thats a different story but for bodybuilding 4-5 miles will suffice as a decent warm up so long as it doesn't take you too long to get off the bike and into the weights.

I'm thrilled when I have to cycle to and from the gym. It means I limit my time there to just the core of strength training and don't have to focus on cardio per say.

Some of the things I've done to improve on time is this:

1. have snacks that are easier to prepare (slices of apple, bananas, plastic container with nuts in it).

2. Don't dress down -- I don't know how cold it is in Eugene but NYC has consistently been hovering around 45-55 so I can easily do cycling shorts and a sweater without problem. I wear my cycling shorts and t-shirt when working out.

I don't usually use the sauna but if you do use it then use it on days where you have the extra time and perhaps use a hot shower at home to help with sore muscles. Also, depending on budget a regular visit (once a week or every other week) to a massage therapist may also help.

Also, I've done the 20 miles before workout and then 20 miles after workout regularly 2-3 times a week without problem. I usually do a HIIT kind of strength training (low weight, high rep) at those times but not so much any more.

Anyways, hope that helps some or gives you some idears.

We're talking 8 miles round trip, but then again when I think of triathlon warriors (Brandon Frasier) I realize i'm being a woos complaining . . . but then again, damn some days are always more difficult than others.

I was over 300lbs doing an hour of cardio before I lifted...it never hurt me...if anything it kept my fat gain a bit in check. 4 miles won't do much of anything for you...good or bad. If 4 miles is difficult for you maybe thats a sign you need to get a bit more endurance...even as a power athlete.