Tall, but weak. Ping's way to more muscles.

My Introduction:

viewtopic.php?t=13172

Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jzSh_MLNcY

My breakfast is usually all the same everyday, so I'm writing it once at the beginning:

2 pieces of whole wheat toast, spread with margarine, peanut butter and strawberry jelly (though your jelly might be somewhat different, mine has got only 50% fruit);

A cereal consisting of choco soymilk, 2 weetabix, coconut and hazelnut bits, sugar, flax seeds and oatmeal;

A glass of orange juice;

Plus, most of the days, VEG 1, the Vegan Society Multivitamin (B2, B6, B12, Folic Acid, D, Iodine, Selenium).

If I do not have to go anywhere, I add around 4 cups of tea to complete my awakening procedure.

As breakfast is all that happened for today yet, that's the end of my first post.

I'll check back soon. Comments appreciated.

Edited by Ping

24H Format without ":", GMT+2 (Summer Time), Time describes the beginning of the meal.

1030 Breakfast w tea

1440 Fruits (2 Apples, 1 Kiwi Fruit)

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9393/bild032oy7.th.jpg

1520 Walnuts

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/6507/walnutszz9.jpg

1700 Whole meal noodles (Wheat/Spelt) with tomato sauce, olive oil, paprika and an onion

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/2763/zwischenablage01bd6.th.jpg

2330 Malt Beer, as it has some calories, I consider it food (Darn, the noodles made me feel like I don't need anymore food today. Hate that. They have given me somewhat 1200kcal though)

0045 Soy Protein Shake (Orange Juice)

Edited by Ping

Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv5BoTioJrM

Good morning!

It's training day, **** yeah!

But first, I'll have a nice breakfast with tea . I can only quote Rob "Have an outstanding day!"

1120 Breakfast w tea

1315 Training

1530 Multivitamin/Mineral + Regeneration Shake (Soy Protein + Maltodextrin + Dextrose + Soymilk Choco)

Now comes the best time of the day - POST-Workout, feel your body, be pumped with happiness, have a chillout, drink your shake

I did legs, neck, shoulders, biceps, triceps. I will not give you any weights yet, since I actually lower them at the moment, because I strive to optimize my accuracy, I think that's the most important thing I can do to succeed with my comeback .

1640 Some fruits: 2 Bananas, 1 pear and 1 kiwi fruit

Wow, I feel so weak now. Found out that a spider invaded my room.

1800 Nutmegged mashed potatoes and broccoli with some rape-oil

1945 25g cheap bar (~90kcal, ~2g Protein) - sadly high-protein bars are either expensive or not vegan in Germany

2000 Malt beer, not really complex carbohydrates (~250kcal AFAIK), but it tastes good and does its job

2010 Adding some walnuts to the malt beer session

2110 Cornflakes, oatmeal and choco soymilk

I'd really love if someone could comment on yesterday's food. I love to optimize.

Tune: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYiKdJoSsb8

Good morning!

0900 Breakfast w tea

1400 An apple and a pear

Really bad day food-wise, wasn't able to eat (logistically) until 1400

1520 Two whitebread veggie-burgers with a few slices cucumber (?) on them. 300g cooked (yeah, I know) brussels sprouts (nutmegged)

A little trashy but loaded with protein

1745 A few Walnuts

1915 Smoothie (pineapple, banana, orange)

Not selfmade.

1945 Two buns (?) with chili-yeast-spread-thing and margarine on them. Some cucumber-slices with them.

2100 Orange Juice based Soy Protein Shake with added Maltodextrin (Homemade Weight Gainer, so to speak)

Dunno what to eat.

2145 Some chips.

2150 And Walnuts.

2240 Malt beer.

I'm so sleepy today, can't figure out why .

Sore muscles maybe not a positive sign, but it feels so great to know you were training.

Tune:

Good morning!

1050 Breakfast w tea

1315 An apple, a pear and a banana.

1620 Fruit bar

1720 Brown rice with chickpeas and an Uncle Ben's sweet-and-sour sauce and spices. I have a Malt beer with it.

2210 Two buns with yeast-spread and margarine.

2230 Selfmade Weight Gainer

Edited by Ping

Sore muscles maybe not a positive sign, but it feels so great to know you were training.

Sore muscles is a great sign! It means you pushed yourself and your muscles are recovering. I live for the burn! Enjoy it!

Well, isn't it that as long as they're sore, they need energy for healing instead of growing?

In that case healing IS growing. The whole point of bodybuilding is to tear muscles a bit (just a little bit). When they heal, your body will build them a bit stronger so that the next time they won't be torn. Then you increase reps or weights so that you'll tear them again a little bit.

In that case healing IS growing. The whole point of bodybuilding is to tear muscles a bit (just a little bit). When they heal, your body will build them a bit stronger so that the next time they won't be torn. Then you increase reps or weights so that you'll tear them again a little bit.

Thanks, good to know. What I've read until now was that the sore muscles have tiny cracks (?) and until this injury is healed, there's no growing. Plus, it would grow without the injuries, so avoiding them would be better. Is that wrong or am I just mistaking you ?

sadly high-protein bars are either expensive or not vegan in Germany

Hey Ping,

You probably know already but if you don't have a look on www.veganbodybuilding.de , still expensive but I really like the Organic food bars.

Nice log!

Hi VeganDude,

thanks for your link and the feedback . I knew the site already, indeed. I still think that these bars are relatively expensive. But I'll try them soon.

Thanks, good to know. What I've read until now was that the sore muscles have tiny cracks (?) and until this injury is healed, there's no growing. Plus, it would grow without the injuries, so avoiding them would be better. Is that wrong or am I just mistaking you ?

I don't know about others but I really haven't heard of anyone getting really strong without training hard enough so that muscles are sore the next day.

You have to avoid bad pain, for example if your ligaments are sore or you get your muscles infected. You'll know when it happens because you really don't want to do anything with your muscles then.

The good pain is when the muscles are sore for a couple of days (especially after the first training sessions) and you feel great when they are being healed. Just wait for most of the good pain to go away and make them sore again. You really know it when you've had a good workout.

I think the small cracks are pretty much the only way to build stronger muscles because that way you can get more muscle tissue between the existing tissue. However, I'm not a physician so someone may be able to tell this better than me.

Thanks for your detailed post, tuc. Good to know, I can conscientiously love the pain.

What I don't like is that my triceps is already OK while my biceps is still sore. Though I had the feeling that I worked hard on my tri.

Some muscles react differently but maybe that means you have more endurance in your tris than your biceps(this is normal with people that can do a lot of pushups). You've just gotta find a different exercise that will kill the tris. You should really kill them. When I say sore I mean not being able to pick things up the next day...having trouble doing nearly everything like brushing your teeth....thats what you want.

I don't know about others but I really haven't heard of anyone getting really strong without training hard enough so that muscles are sore the next day.

Just to offer an alternative - I would say I only get sore when I change program or do something a bit different. During a phase where I'm doing the same exercises and upping the weights I rarely get sore. As long as I'm getting stronger I don't think it matters.

I don't rate soreness as a barometer of progress.

Just to offer an alternative - I would say I only get sore when I change program or do something a bit different. During a phase where I'm doing the same exercises and upping the weights I rarely get sore. As long as I'm getting stronger I don't think it matters.

I don't rate soreness as a barometer of progress.

That's what most sources say. If you change the way you workout, you'll get sore muscles. But it's not necessary for progress in general.

Tune:

Good morning!

0800 Breakfast w tea

I'm quite nervous at the moment since my last exam (oral examination in mathmatics) is scheduled for today.

1220 Fruit bar

1340 Spaghetti, tomato sauce with vegetables

Exam was great. 14/15 points = 1 = probably your 'A'?

My biceps is still sore. Wanted to do back and chest today. Dunno if I should do it concerning my biceps...

1640 Oatmeal, cornflakes and choco soymillk, baby.

1940 Soymilk + 2 bananas, 1 pear, 1 apple

Edited by Ping

Tune:

Good morning!

Training Day! I'm going to try my new workout plan (Full Body Workout) for the first time.

8 exercises:

Abs (crunch machine)

Pull-ups / Lat pulldown (I'll see)

Leg press

Calf raises

Dumbbell Benchpress

Biceps curls

Dumbbell press shoulders

Triceps extensions

1140 Breakfast w tea

1550 Regeneration Shake & Multivit/Min

Full Body Workout worked really well for me, it's totally destroying.

1700 2 apples + 2 bananas + fast, sharp circulating blade

1935 potatoes + broccoli + rape-oil

Walnuts in between

2200 Baked beans, tomatos and white bread

Tune: http://mx.youtube.com/watch?v=evfKljTWJWU

Good morning!

0945 Breakfast w tea

1240 Potatoes and spinach

1305 Soy Dessert

1510 Walnuts

1706 3 Bananas + Oatmeal + Choco Soymilk + Rrrrrrrrrrrrrr = Hmmmmm.

1940 Apple and Kiwi

2030 Malt beer

2205 Subway's Veggie Delite

Made new pictures. The one I liked most is my new avatar. Flexing gives a wrong impression of what I really have, I think though. But it's me so, I'm fine.

You can find them here: http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=140345

Absolutely amazing tune: http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=E-00RvfVx3o

Great remix of an awesome song.

http://img360.imageshack.us/img360/7389/zwischenablage01nc1.jpg

Loving my first green smoothie that I drink at the moment, consisting of spinach, bananas, mini tomatoes and an apple. Awesome way to get more greens in my diet.

I've been training the last three days. Sunday I did 35 minutes of pulse 127 indoor bicycling, yesterday I did my workout and today again cardio (30m*141p).

Loving my first green smoothie that I drink at the moment, consisting of spinach, bananas, mini tomatoes and an apple. Awesome way to get more greens in my diet.

tomatoes with bananas? That sounds nasty!