Kettlebells are excellent...

I have been working out with my kettlebells for almost a week now.

They are excellent. I'm glad I had done some similar training before I recieved them with the dumbell.

I am shocked, literally (I'm shocked Cotton!), at how they not only build strength and balance, but also my stamina is improving.

Jon

Too bad our gym doesnt have kettlebells. DId you have to buy them or something?>

Yes,

I did have to buy the one I got. $99 + S&H. The next step up is $109. I told my wife I wanted that for Christmas. We'll see. I think she got me the original Tom Selleck Hawaiian shirt from "Magnum PI" for Father's Day. Two cool presents in one year might cause me to grasp my chest and collapse.

However. You can go to www.russiankettlebells.com and get the "RussianKettlebell Challenge" book and do the movements with dumbells at the gym.

Jon

Cool, thanks for the info.

My buddy Mike Mahler is a Kettlebell Strength Coach. I have his DVD but I can't seem to get it to play on my laptop, so I've only seen parts of it. It looks like a fun way to train.

I know Big Mike (who is vegan too by the way) www.mikemahler.com teaches seminars all over the US. I don't know his schedule off the top of my head but it is listed on his website.

So for those who don't know who Mike is or much about Kettlebell training, check it out.

Thanks Over40. A Tom Selleck Shirt

Actually I find Hawaiian shirts fit me better than traditional oxfords, etc. and are very comfortable. She found it at Hawaiian Hatties at the bazaar at the Aladin in Las Vegas. Although, I do prefer a well pressed button down collar shirt, the way my shoulders and neck are built I look kind of goofy.

As far as training goes, here was my workout this morning. It took me approximately 30 minutes:

Two arm swing, 1 set of 20

one arm military press, 2 sets of 5

one arm snatches, three sets of 10

one arm jerk (no laughing), six sets of 10

between the leg pass

two arm swing, 1 set of 10

I used a 16 kg kettlebell. No, not heavy, but I am building stamina at this stage.

Take Care,

Jon

Cool, thanks for the info.

My buddy Mike Mahler is a Kettlebell Strength Coach. I have his DVD but I can't seem to get it to play on my laptop, so I've only seen parts of it. It looks like a fun way to train.

I know Big Mike (who is vegan too by the way) www.mikemahler.com teaches seminars all over the US. I don't know his schedule off the top of my head but it is listed on his website.

So for those who don't know who Mike is or much about Kettlebell training, check it out.

For those of you who haven't been, Robert steered me toward this sight. Good stuff. Mike Mahler is very muscular. And from what I can tell is in excellent condition.

I personally think it is well worth anyone's time to check out his site.

Good luck with the workouts.

Jon

It looks like you would get a really good work out with all your stabalizing muscles! It also looks like, due to the akward nature of the handle, your forearms would get a great workout as well.

Yes,

Your forearms and biceps get clocked.

Jon