Boris' training log

Day one of taking it serious

As already stated in my introduction, I try to lose some weight, from 85kg and now ~76kg, to 70 or less (I'm not sure how I feel when I reached 70kg, but if I still feel as strong as now, or hopefully stronger, I might try the 65 )

My goal besides losing weight is to become a well trained cyclist, maybe one day I even join some team, to compete in races where you are allowed to race, without having a license.

I started the day at something like 10:00h, having a nice soup plate full of oat flakes with soy milk, corn flakes and a banana cut into it.

Then went out for a ride with my bike:

1:48h - 45.25km - Tried do do some kind of interval training uphill, which, in fact, was rather disappointing, because i could not do any interval for longer than 1.5 minutes

Actually I planned to go out for another ride, with a friend of mine, after having lunch, but he canceled the ride because he had to work for uni. So I had some asparagus and salad plus potatoes and a nice sauce with tofu for lunch and then went out for another ride at 15:00h

2:25h - 61.03km - Simply enjoyed the sun and scenery

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3263/2464161975_8cbe5dfb74_t.jpg http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2299/2464991472_9608935daf_t.jpg

The weather was great, although it was quite windy.. still it was nice and warm

After this ride i felt too hungry, so I ate another soup plate of cereals + banana + soy milk

And of course i drink a lot of fizzy water with apple juice =)

Thanks Ping ^^

No training today, just a short ride into town, to get some bananas

Breakfast: The same as yesterday

Lunch: Also the same, just pasta instead of potatoes.

In between: 300g of biscuits

Dinner: 3 Slices of wholemeal bread and a few olives

Yesterday I did some kind of workout with weights and sit-ups, but I need to ask google for some more exercises, to be able to fill 45 to 60 minutes

Today I'll train my head for my last exam (politics) on wednesday.

edit: did 40 minutes of workout with weights and sit-ups

I had a wonderful day today

Breakfast

Oral exam in school, which was shit

Met an arrogant lady

Lunch (Had no motivation to cook anything, so i ate cereals + banana + soy milk)

afterwards i went out to ride my bike and get rid of my 'wonderful' mood

3:29h - 88.44km

• 2 weeks later...

thanks you two

Today i did nothing than a short ride into town to get something to eat for the next few days.

Yesterday i was out on a ride:

4:08h - 104.98km - great weather, a bit windy (how come, there is always head wind, no matter what direction i ride?) and my legs felt terribly afterwards

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3226/2511134995_cecb3fb8cc_t.jpg

My 'workout' is still quite crappy. I don't count the repetitions and for the few things i do with dumbbells, i don't even know the weights.. I focus on things like push ups and sit ups to gain some muscles around my back, abs, arms etc and just do the exercises until my muscles deny to go on

dude these pics are unreal. Had I not known they were taken by you, i'd of thought they were made up by some graphics designer. You must have the best scenery on your rides, I envy it!

Reading your journal makes me want to get back on my butt even more and continue on cycling. I've been slacking in that department lately and focusing more on weights.

I'm excited to continue to hear of your progress in regards to your cycling ventures.

thanks for your nice response Lean and Green =)

actually i take all pictures with my mobile and then try to edit them as best as i can with irfan view or the gimp (enhance colours, resharpen the pics etc..)

today:

1:58h - 50.54km - I rode with another guy today and had to struggle to keep up until we passed the hills on our route, but on the way back home, the man with the hammer hit him, thus he struggled hard to keep up (which was sad for him, but pushed my ego, because he did mountain biking for three years and now switched to road cycling, while i just started cycling last august )

edit: oh, and my legs told me not to go cycling tomorrow they feel absolutely heavy :S