Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

Great...nice to have another member on board. You'll be very pleased with the clothes. Even if it didn't say vegan stuff on it...they just look good.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went out after work for a 4 hour ride but things didn't work out. My ceramic bottom bracket blew out on my so I called it quits and turned around...I'm putting in a temporary $15 piece of crap until I get my ceramic one warrantied out.

Anyhow...I managed about 15 useless miles...then I went home and decided to put in a hard two hour night ride on my race bike. I really laid it out and I'm loving the bike. Its not even remotely comfortable but its stiff and fast with the uber aero wheelset on the bike. Bumps are terrible with those wheels and the aluminum frame but it accelerates like a dream so its well worth it. I wound up putting in 39 miles in a little under 2 hours...not bad at all.

I had a killer ride today...lots and lots of hammering with the group. I don't like doing this on back to back days but it really is what I need. It was only 30 miles but its good for the ego and the legs. I pulled away from the group a few times and nobody worked in the paceline very much so it was mostly me upfront.

I had a nice easy ride today. I didn't push it once which is something I rarely succeed in doing. I wasn't riding my comfy carbon bike though...so my body did take a beating anyway. Actually it was like someone was hammering my ass with a jackhammer...not fun at all. Luckily the weather was nice though. Anyhow I did about 60miles in a little over 3:30.

I've got a cheap replacement crank on my carbon bike now...so I'm gonna be riding that until my messed up bearings are warrantied out. Much better than what I rode today so I can't complain too much.

I definitely had a crap ride today. I was planning on doing 100miles but after about 8 I got a flat...then I had a slow leak after about 7 more so I turned around and went out for a 45minute run. I would have liked to run longer but I was planning a super easy ride so I didn't wanna supplement that with a long run since I haven't run for well over a month...maybe even two months.

My legs were more sore today than they've been for months so I really needed to cool it. I woke up and didn't want to stand up. So I decided to just spin a bit on the rollers. 45minutes of easy riding and some abs...hopefully I find my legs tomorrow. No matter how I feel I'll be putting in 6 hours...I just hope my legs enjoy it as much as I do.

hey potter, being that you can do 1000's of crunches at a clip, I was just curious, how many do you do at once before getting up or switching to another exercise? I don't mean without rest like a circuit but like the exact same movement without stopping? Must be some incredible number....

I used to do sets of 300 regular crunches but now I'm doing something a bit different. I do 250 regular crunches then 150 oblique crunches on each side.....then repeat the cycle. Really I do 1100-1300 crunches...I just say 1000 because its pretty much the same thing.

I'm Your Man...send Brad an email. He may be at some type of event or something. He should send them soon...he's got a lot on his plate considering how many people are members and how much help he has to send things out.

I took it easy today and made some adjustments on my TT position while on the trainer. Nothing big...I increased my saddle height about 4mm. I feel a bit more powerful but more importantly I'm hopefully a bit more aero. Anyhow I spent about 40minutes on the trainer then did some push ups and my crunches.

I got a decent ride in today. It was pretty windy and I was planning to go real easy but the wind didn't let me get away with that for the whole ride. I even struggled to hold 15mph on a few downhill stretches that I can normally coast down at 25mph. Anyhow it was still nice to be out there. It was nice and cool out...not too cloudy like the last few dry days. I managed to get 65miles in at 17.2mph...much faster than I thought I'd go considering the loop I took and the windy conditions.

I used to do sets of 300 regular crunches but now I'm doing something a bit different. I do 250 regular crunches then 150 oblique crunches on each side.....then repeat the cycle. Really I do 1100-1300 crunches...I just say 1000 because its pretty much the same thing.

that's crazy!

I've been working on my abs a bit more recently. Now that I'm running quite a bit again the fat on my midsection has melted away (what little of it there was) so it's a great time to make the muscles a bit more defined.

The winds were bad here today too.

I wish I had your base in terms of your build...my base was a huge stomach from many years of overeating

Yeah I have a great build! Although I am surprised I don't have more loose skin from my heavier days. I carried virtually all that extra weight around my waist and on my butt.

I'm so amazed when I see you know compared to what you looked like before. I'm a lot smaller than I was but there's definitely evidence of the old me "hanging" around.

I'm so amazed when I see you know compared to what you looked like before. I'm a lot smaller than I was but there's definitely evidence of the old me "hanging" around.

Thanks. Me too.

You're looking good Jeremy, no need to worry too much.

I'm not too worried about how I look...actually I kinda like the skin as a momento of the past...I don't like that fact that its extra weight on the bike though. If it didn't way anything I wouldn't mind having twice as much extra skin.

I had a lot of fun riding today. I rode to work in the morning and then after work I led our shops fast group ride. A few guys on TT bikes tried testing my legs...I gave it to them pretty good and dropped them even though I was on my road bike. I pretty much never gave it 100% but I did give maybe 95% a few times. Anyhow thats...9miles to work...a pretty hard 32miles of intervals...then another 9miles home. So thats already 200miles since Sunday...not bad for a race week.

I made a late judgment call and decided to keep todays riding to commuting to work...no training other than abs. I really want to put down a fast time Sunday and I'm gonna do a relatively hard ride today and take off Saturday...I've got a lot of miles in this week already so I'm not worried about losing any fitness at all.

I had a killer ride today. Lots of mashing in my 53/12...actually over 10miles of it in one stretch. I also did some intense spinning intervals. I didn't completely kill myself...I just gave my legs a taste of what they'll get Sunday. In all I did about 60miles if you include my commute to work...43 of those miles on my TT bike.

Thanks

I just got back from my race and it went really well. Of course there was some type of drama at the beginning though The zipper on my skinsuit actually ripped on me. I was getting my number pinned on by a fellow Organic Athlete member and then I started warming up on my trainer. When I got up off my trainer I noticed my zipper was attached up top but it was slip for about 18" in the middle...it looked ridiculous. I had to pin it together with extra race number pins and I really cooled down from my warm up doing that. I had to run and rush to the start line and part of my cycling cleats broke off since I had to run in gravel. That caused more problems than I'd like. My fellow OA teammate was entered in her first ever bike race(she's a triathlete) ever. I was supposed to start some 5 minutes before her but there were once again missing riders so she started about 4 minutes in front of me. Anyhow I wasn't prepared at all and once I got to the line I couldn't clip my pedals in...they were full of dirt and gravel so they gave me another 30 seconds. I got my left foot in...then I had to get my left foot in. Again...that took a while and I didn't really get it in until I got about 10 pedal strokes into the race(I've got really bad luck with pedals as this is the second race in a row where something hasn't gone right).

Once I got started it was pretty much all smooth sailing. The person in front of me had a minute on me rather than the normal 30 seconds due to my mishap and I didn't pass him for a while but I caught him by the 10k mark...after that I was passing people pretty regularly....especially after the turnaround. The course was mostly false flats but more downhill on the way out than in and there was just a slight tailwind(compared to what I'm used to) and I knew the way back would be hell. At the turnaround you had to call out your number and they stopped your time...we all had to get inline to start again. That made it really tough to get started again. I think I had about a 3 minute rest...a 30 second rest is fine...and so is a 10 minute rest but 3 minutes just makes your muscles cold. Anyhow I was making really good time. The way back wasn't quite as fast. Again there were false flats but on the way in than on the way out. Either way I think I put in a negative split...we'll see when the complete results come out later. I just know my time was 49:06 for 36 Kilometers. My average speed was 26.5mph...not blazing but the false flats were a killer. Anyhow I won my category by a minute so I can't complain about that. Its nice to finally get a Time Trial win in...I pretty much won a time trial last year by 30 seconds but due to me starting 10 minutes late...my official time was 9:30 slower than it really was.

My OA teamate really kicked ass. She was really hesitant about doing a road race but she finished second amongst the women with pretty meager aerodynamic equipment. No aero helmet...no aero wheels...no aero bike...just aero bars. She came in well under 56 minutes and finished second amongst the women...not bad considering she's over 50 and a lot of the women she beat were half her age with full aero garb. She could really be a great time trialist if she had the right gear and focused on it. I bet she could be a nationally ranked masters time trialist...only time will tell though.

We had a great day...you can't complain about two podium spots for Organic Athlete!!!