Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:39 am 
Elephant

Good work Jeremy. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:14 am 
Thanks...I won it for you :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:21 pm 
My legs are still toast. I did the group ride today and stayed in the front pretty much the whole time again...no big deal to do it but it was harder than it should've been. My legs need a massage big time...and a few days off. Too bad I've got a race Saturday...not that I'd actually take off. I'm thinking I'll take it easy tomorrow and try to just spin a bit Friday. Luckily the crap weather will help with that. Anyhow today I rode about 50miles...35 or so with the fast group ride...the rest as commuting miles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:32 am 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
Thanks...I won it for you :wink:

Thanks cutie pie. ;)

Don't be afraid to take the rest time you need. Your performance will be better for it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 12:24 pm 
Elephant

Great job Potter!!!!! Quite a story. Glad your pedals finally clicked in. Any thoughts is it just bad luck? I guess there isn't much you could do about being forced into running on the gravel.

And your friend, what a story. I hope she gets the right gear if she decides to continue on racing. Sounds like she is a machine on the course.

GO VEGAN TEAM OA and GO POTTER

You think you would have been in a better position than 4th overall if you didn't have complications a the start? How far ahead were the others?

As for the helmet cams, that would be cool. My friend told me there is a 'Tony Hawk' helmet cam they sell for like $25 at local stores like target and walmart and such. Ever heard of it? Worth buying? I would love to be flying down a road screaming yeah buuuuuuudy on a bicycle and filming the road.

Or perhaps showing all just how psychotic the streets of nyc can be and showing all the crazy mergers and others on the road as I try to pedal down the streets....

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:26 pm 
I bet I could have finished 3rd overall...the person in second was a bit too far ahead of me and the guy in first could very easily be racing time trials in the Tour De France...he decimated everyone.

When it comes to a helmet cam I wouldn't buy anything so high tech under $150...I bet the picture stinks or it just won't work for long.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:52 am 
I took another rare day off yesterday...I'm really cooked and need it for my race Saturday. Today I'm gonna take it easy and just ride the rollers for an hour and do some abs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:06 pm 
Elephant

Good idea Jeremy. We all need to rest sometimes. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:56 pm 
I'm workin on it....we'll see what happens tomorrow. I'm thinking I'm gonna beat my body to death just to finish with the main pack. This race has 11 turns and the laps are only 0.7 miles long...that means lots high speed/short accelerations from slow speeds...not my cup of tea but I'm really doing this to work on my bike handling and get more pack riding experience. I'm not planning on winning or anything...this is a course for a small/light sprinter.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 7:51 pm 
What a crappy day on the bike :evil: Today I drove 2 hours to race in western Maryland. I warmed up...started...I was all the way in the back of the field for most of the first lap(quite normal for me). I worked my way up and at the crazy double 90 degree switchback after the start line after my first lap my front brake locked on me. I stopped to fix it and to see if I could get a free lap and they said no...so I drove about 100miles for 1 mile of
racing...yippeeee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 6:35 pm 
I had a fun group ride today. Lots of little spurts of power to show who's king...it was a blast. 4 of us met before work and we rode about 40 hard miles before work...some really steep climbs that I did surprisingly well on too. I'm definitely gonna go back. There's a steep 18% grade climb that I ride near all the time and have never actually seen but now that I know its there I'm definitely going back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 7:34 pm 
Elephant

veganpotter wrote:
What a crappy day on the bike :evil: Today I drove 2 hours to race in western Maryland. I warmed up...started...I was all the way in the back of the field for most of the first lap(quite normal for me). I worked my way up and at the crazy double 90 degree switchback after the start line after my first lap my front brake locked on me. I stopped to fix it and to see if I could get a free lap and they said no...so I drove about 100miles for 1 mile of
racing...yippeeee

That sucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 11:13 pm 
Stegosaurus

pamela wrote:
veganpotter wrote:
racing...yippeeee

That sucks!

Yeah that sucks :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 9:22 pm 
I got some OK training in today. I rode on my rollers for 30 minutes...jump roped for 30 minutes and did a couple set of lunges...nothing too crazy. Hopefully I can get a decent ride in tomorrow after work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 8:35 pm 
I feel like major doodie but in a good way. I had a great ride today(perfect weather too...other than the pollen). Lots of intense spinning and some hard non spin efforts. No 100% effort but lots of 90% efforts. I was out there for nearly 4:30 and put in 80 miles. Hopefully I've still got some gas in the tank for the group ride tomorrow but if I don't its not a big deal.

***I made a big sale today too so thats always good. Business has been pretty slow considering how many nice days we've had but today I made a $5000 sale before 12pm...big sales almost never happen in the morning so I can't be more pleased.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1288 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 82, 83, 84, 85, 86  Next