Jeremy's Blog

Guest veganpotter

Today's ride was great. With the exception of one moron that doesn't know how to ride in a group everything went like clockwork. We had very nice organized pace lines. I haven't been in a good pace line since I was living in Richmond a year ago. I didn't want to ride that hard and I was pretty pooped before the ride started but it was fun and well worth it. I just have to make sure I take it easy the next couple days before my race and I should be recovered. Anyhow the group ride was about 35 miles and I did about 10 on top of that for the trip home.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lots of wacko talk on the forum today. Far more physically intensive than my training today. I'm actually gonna try to go to bed and get 3 hours of sleep tonight but I doubt it. I feel like I need to drop an anvil on my face.

Forgot to post my ride...I felt like crap yesterday which is good I guess. I just put in a little over 2hours of really easy active recovery. My legs had absolutely nothing in them. So I just relaxed and enjoyed the scenery...putting in about 35 very slow miles. I'm thinking I'll take the day off today and rest my legs(the weather stinks anyhow)...and maybe glaze some pots.

Good Luck Tasha Hopefully everything goes well.

And yes...I took the day off. I glazed some pots and went to work. I'm gonna do my abs today but thats it.

Thats great that everything went well...hopefully Dave updates his page on this.

As for my abs I typically do 300 regular crunches with my knees up...then 250 side crunches on each side...then 300 regulars and 250 on each side again. So really I do more than 1000...I just say 1000.

I had a great race considering what they did to the course. I really liked the course the last time I raced it. It really suited me pretty well for a crit but I just raced stupid. This time around they made us ride counterclockwise instead of clockwise which changed everything thanks to a hill with a 90 degree turn...then the sprint to the finish. After 6 or so laps a group left us. We let them go thinking the wouldn't be able to hold the pace. Unfortunately most of them did and they disappeared. On the last lap I saw blood and shot off. Three from the original break of 6 were in my sights. I caught two of them(nearly 3) but carried a couple others behind me(they sucked my wheel and didn't help at all for about 1/4 mile...not fair but thats racing) that passed me right before the line. Three guys wound up way ahead of all of us and I never even saw them but it was nice to catch the other group. I wound up finishing 8th today. Not bad for a big field and a not so potter friendly course.

The wind and pollen was terrible today but I had to put in 6hours since the weather may not let me ride tomorrow or Wednesday. If it wasn't so windy and pollen-infested I would have tried to put in 8 hours+ but you can only take so much. I almost got blown off the road a few times and I honestly shouldn't have even been out there. I only saw one other guy out today(very rare when the temperature is so nice...I normally see at least 2-3 small groups of riders on Sundays) and he was only putting in 90 minutes and heading home...he said I was insane and he was right Anyhow I toughed it out and put in just under 100miles in 6 hours. Not the fastest but at least I was out there.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree, you're insane. 6 hours in the wind (but I don't think the pollen affects me)... If I knew the weather may not let me ride for the next 2 years maybe I would have done this and even for 12 hours lol. But for the next 2 days... you're insane but it,s a good thing for a cyclist or any athlete.

Today I was on a highway going down a hill at 67km/h, with all that wind my bike was very instable (and I weight less than 60kg) I had some adrenalin flowing in my veins then when 2 huge vans outpassed me I was pretty scared but crazy enough not to slow down a bit.

You're gone in a bike roadtrip without telling us or you're taking a break from the forum?

We could also keep his training blog going.

He raced a Crit on the weekend

and this is what he wrote to me yesturday.

It was a crazy crit. A relatively save 90 degree at the start...then a long downhill with a 90...then a long slower downhill with another 90 but this goes into a bridge only 2 bikes can cross(very sketchy) at 14mph at best. Then its a slow uphill...flats...then a 10percent uphill with a 150 degree turn and a 8 percent grade to the finish...very very painful. Even the first lap hurt. We had 11 2.25mile laps altogether. I stayed near the middle/back of the race the whole time and watched people drop off every lap...then I moved up on the last 3 and stayed in the middle of the front half of the group. Then on the hills for the last lap I actually passed a few people. I guy crashed pretty close to me and I think I could have passed a few more if it weren't for that. Overall I came in 11th...not bad for me on an uphill finish.

This is what he wrote today

My race went well yesterday so I can't even complain about how crappy my legs felt today. I did a pretty slow 100miles today. But it was such a nice day nothing bothered me.

Lets keep the Potter blog Alive