VO5 Hair Products, Razors, and Facewash

chesty leroux

Three questions in this thread (i'm too lazy to make 3 separate threads)

1.I have been using VO5 hair products. The shampoo and conditioner and dirt cheap (98 cents a bottle) and the gel and anti frizz stuff isnt that expensive either. It says on the bottle that they are not tested on animals. I was just wondering if anyone knew if they were trustworthy in that information or not.

2. What razors does everyone use? What brands are animal friendly and work well?

3. What kind of facewash does everyone use, and does it work well?

Thanks!

Ash, I addressed your first question in the Rodney thread ("ANother reason to support animal rights" thread, which I thought you posted in?

The short answer here again:

"this product is not tested on animals" means jack s%$&t, ESPECIALLY coming from the company that makes V05 products. It is intentionally ambiguous meant to mislead. It means that the FINISHED product was not tested on animals, but the ingredients were tested on animals. Pretty much all those huge commercial companies are vivisectors.

Ash, I addressed your first question in the Rodney thread ("ANother reason to support animal rights" thread, which I thought you posted in?

The short answer here again:

"this product is not tested on animals" means jack s%$&t, ESPECIALLY coming from the company that makes V05 products. It is intentionally ambiguous meant to mislead. It means that the FINISHED product was not tested on animals, but the ingredients were tested on animals. Pretty much all those huge commercial companies are vivisectors.

Ya I did read and post on that thread, I guess I missed the VO5 part. ugh. I have a whole bunch of their products.

What are some animal friendly hair products? I've got curly frizzball hair, it doesnt do well with nothing.

Aubrey Organics -- purest most natural products on the market, IMHO.

Here's their products page:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/categories1.cfm

They have customer testomonials on many of the individual product pages that I've found helpful. Also, the "Travel A Go Go" kit is a nice way to test their skin care regime. All of their products use all natural ingredients & all are not tested on animals. With the exception of 1 or 2 products, all their stuff is vegan.

10 SYNTHETIC COSMETIC INGREDIENTS TO AVOID:

http://www.aubrey-organics.com/about/treat_10synth.cfm

I've been using AO products for about 5 years now & cannot tell you how much nicer my skin is! I saw results in less than 2 weeks of using their stuff.

They are a little pricier than grocery store products, but much less than department store prices. You can order online or many HFS have their products.

For hygeine products, in my house we usually keep whatever stuff they have on sale at the health food store around the corner. I think the brand names are Dr Bronners and Tom's of Maine and some others I can't remember. I just know that stuff smells good and it seems to work well. Just go to the health food store nearest to where you live and they should sell a bunch of stuff that isn't tested on animals, and doesn't have a bunch of nasty chemicals, etc.

When you're down at Disney there is a Chamberlain's in Kissimmee, about 15 minutes away from Disneyworld, and they sell all that kind of stuff at the Chamberlain's. There are several more places up in Orlando too, but I'm not sure if you'll want to go up there since Orlando is about half an hour away from Disney World and there's a lot more traffic up there.

Thanks Guys

Will dont worry I will definately be picking your brain soon for all the best vegan places to shop in the Disneyworld area, and asking what kind of stuff I can find down there and what I should stock up on....as soon as my semester is over and I have time to think.

Aaron I have a gillette venus right now, that my cousin gave me, but i thought gillette was one of those questionable brands as far as animal testing. I don't know.