Beth's Training Journal

Beth,

On your workout days, you need a little more than 1250. You can get away with that little on a non-cardio days, but it is really on the low side if you're going to do a serious workout. Because your risking your body storing fat if your consumption is way under your activity level.

My suggestion is 1400, but don't use starchy carbs to make up the difference. Fibrous carbs, protein or even a little increased healthy fat. My two cents

Beth,

On your workout days, you need a little more than 1250. You can get away with that little on a non-cardio days, but it is really on the low side if you're going to do a serious workout. Because your risking your body storing fat if your consumption is way under your activity level.

My suggestion is 1400, but don't use starchy carbs to make up the difference. Fibrous carbs, protein or even a little increased healthy fat. My two cents

Hi Melissa, thanks for your advise. I have enough complex carbs in my diet that is forsure I can easily add some more veggies, a little more protein and some sunflower seeds. Not a problem getting more calories is it lol

Have a great day!

Happy Hump Day. I am in a pretty good mood, I was very excited for Hillary last night when she took Kentucky, her speech was excellent as always. It would be wonderful if she pulled this off. I wonder how much money she received last night. Obama has a lot of weathly supporters which really is hurting Hillary as far as the Super Delegates go. She speaks for the poor, the under educated, the blue collar workers and of coures women and children. Who don't have any money unfortuantly to really support her But I have a good feeling she will be back in 2012.

Okay back to my traning and food log, but he things going on in our lives has a huge effect on our progress. This reminds me I need to meditate a couple times this week still. Slacking there.

Today is Leg and Butt day WOOHOO my favorite. I am getting ready to take a power walk with some sprints and around 100 walking lunges. Then when I get home I will do squats, calf raises, and glute kickbacks. Maybe some more lunges depending on fatigue. Then before dark I will take an hour power walk.

Food today, Cutting back on whole grains to just 2 servings instead of my usual 4 to 6. This will take a little gettign used to the next few days, but I am determined to get a little belly fat off. I plan on eating around 1400 calories.

Preworkout meal - 1 Serving of oatmeal, 1/2 cup of black beans

Post workout - 1 cup lite soy milk, 1 serving of hemp protein powder, 1/2 cup berries, 1/2 banana, and 1/2 serving of soy protein

Lunch - 1 cup black beans, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1 cup steamed spinach

Midafternoon - 1 serving of sunflower seeds

Dinner - 1/4 block of lite tofu with steamed veggies

Evening Snack - Depends on total calories already used, getting ready to figure that out now

Diet looks really good! Much better than the coffee and o.j. as Meal 1 I saw the other day Calories seemed way more balanced. Great effort your putting into meal planning!!!

Thanks Melissa, I have been a very healthy eater for several years now, but the scale hasn't moved much in a year. Especially since I became a vegetarian. I should probably reduce my starchy carbs and replace some of that with fat and protein, but I want to keep my power outage high. I mean what is the point of being an athlete if we are exhausted all the time.

Tweek Tweek Tweek the plans lol

I haven't posted here for a couple days, just not in the mood I guess.

Today is back and chest day, since I don't life a whole lot in these areas, more focus will be on cardio. I will do two hours of power walking. Getting ready to do my first hour soon and will walk another hour before dark.

It has been raining off and on the last couple days but that is good news for Tucson. However clouds make me gloomy regardless of how much we need to rain. Sun is back though. So will be at the pool this afternoon :0

Got to control my food today, the last couple days I was over doing it with salt but I always crave salt and sweet during TOM. I gave into these cravings since it was Free day anyway, but at least my sweet tooth was satified with tropical Hawaiian trail mix.

Todays food log. I don' t have alot of groceries on hand the next few days but will do the best I can.

Breakfast - Boca patty on whole wheat with some leaf lettuce and mustard. 1 small banana

Mid Morning - Bake potato with a little vegan butter

Lunch - 1 cup black beans with 1/2 brown rice

Mid afternoon - 3 cups popcorn

Dinner - 1/4 block of Tofu with steaming veggies

I totally understand about that TOM Beth. I'm getting close too. I just got back from the grocery store so I would get back on track. I'm slipping a bit these days too. Ugh.

One day/meal at a time.

You're doing great by the way! I can see from your journal that you're pretty consistent with your food and workouts. That's half the battle!!

Keep up the great work!!

I give in at that TOM - sometimes it's too difficult to resist. Thankfully, after about 2 days I actually start to lose my appetite. I truly sympathize!

Keep up the great journal.

Thanks Girls

Monday Morning you sure looks fine, Wednesday I got traveling on my mind. OOps sorry singing to myself here, must be a good day

Todays Exercise Plan

This morning, 30 min brisk walk with 50 yard sprints and 150 walking lunges outdoors.

Come home and lift weights, leg and butt day WOOHOO my favorite. Got to keep that butt high lol

Food today(running out of everything)

Breakfast - 1 serving oatmeal with a small banana with 1 Tbs Peanut butter

post workout - 2 TBS hemp protein and 1 scope soy protein mixed with water OMG no soy milk, will have to drink this really fast lol

Lunch - 1 cup black beans with 1 cup brown rice

Mid afternoon - 1 medium baked potato with a little vegan butter

Dinner - 1/4 block tofu with steamed veggies

I am visiting the St Louis area so will not be posting to my journal every day, but wanted to make a vacation plan

Exercise, I will be taking the next 9 days off of weight lifting, but will do walking lunges and some other lower body strength training without added weights For Cardio it will be mostly walking with some sprints here and there.

Food, Just trying to keep it healthy. There isn't any good healthy food grocery stores near by but I did buy some soymilk and will have plenty of nuts, fruits and veggies, with a boca burger here and there.

I am from the St Louis area, so back in my old stomping grounds which is nice

• 2 weeks later...

Finally back from Vacation and ready to get back on track. I didn't gain any weight the last two weeks so that is good, but my eating wasn't as good as it usually is. I walked just about every day and had a fabulous time with family and old friends.

Now it is time to get back to training. I will be at Lake Tahoe mid July so I wanted to plan a 5 week program to try to lose 10 pounds.

Ulitmate Goal by July 17

Lose 10 pounds which will put me at 145

Maintain muscle mass and strength

Daily Food Plan

Calorie Range - 1200-1400

2-3 servings of starchy Carbs

2-3 servings of fruit

5-7 servings of non starchy veggies

2 servings of healthy fats

3 servings of plant proteins

1 protein shake a day (any fruit used to be included in the servings mentioned above)

2 low fat soy or rice dairies (included when making shakes)

1 Free Day a Week Allowed

Free Days may include Alcohol and junk food, otherwise these foods are not allowed in plan.

Workout Out Plan

Brisk Walking 5 times a week for 60 mins or more

Cycle 2 times a week no time limit

4 day split weight lifting program, complete upper/lower body workouts

Do more physical therapy for left arm front and center delt heads that are not completely healed.

Do pilatees and/or yoga three times a week

Drink 8 cups of water or more a day

Get at least 7 hours of sleep a night

Meditate 4 times a week

That should be about it, now time for my morning walk

ROCK ON!

Day 2 of my Tahoe training

Day has started off great, Got a decent power walk with walking lunges and did squats, calf raises and kickbacks. Keeping my weight low for the first week, I don't want any pulled muscles from lack of exercise the past two weeks while in Illinois.

Food started off good today, hoping to keep calories at 1300. While burning roughly 500 calories in exercise.

Just finished off a wonderful protein shake made with a Hemp, peas and rice protein powder, lite soy milk, a small banana and 1/2 cup mixed berries

Early AM was a whole wheat tortilla with 1 cup pinto beans and green tea.

Making sure to drink lots of water