Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Nov 26, 2014 4:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 2:09 pm 
Elephant

thendanisays wrote:
wow thanks everyone. i wasn't expecting such a response. :lol:
potter, you'll be seeing a lot more of me as i'll be out in portland with you and l&g for the whole extra time.
and veggieprincess, you have been such a huge help to me. really. and an inspiration to say the least. it always makes me happy to know i can count on you.
DV you are also an inspirtaion to me. have you looked at the weight you're moving lately? holy shit you are strong! and very knowledgable. it always impresses me.
alison, pazios, hilary wright, and dawgburt- thank you very much. it means a lot to me.

ok, so yesterday was legs day for me. the first day in my new workout program, so i went with weight a little lower just to get the form right, but my legs are still pretty sore today.

1 leg leg curl--3 sets of 12x45 lbs

Leg ext w/ body elevated--1 set 15x30, 2 sets 15x35

Hack Squats --first time ever doing these. was very surprised at how heavy the machine is alone. and it KILLED my shoulders(in a bad way)
1st and 2nd set with 20lbs added, 3rd set just the machine.

Reverse Lunges with DBS-I have a hip that pops a lot, so i tend to go light on lunges or it does pop and it hurts. 3 sets of 12 reps/leg wit two 10lb DBS

One Leg Calf Raise- 3 sets of 12/leg with 2 12.5 lb DBS

Roman Chair Straight Leg Raise 3 of 12

3 sets of crunches on ball to failure...about 110 total.

i got on the treadmill for about a minute an a half, said screw this. and went to the stadium to jog around and enjoy the weather rather than stare at the tvs under flourescent lights in front of me...you know the feeling. about an hour or so of that...although i was distracted more than once by adorable pooches.

decent food day-not enough veggies though imo.

i took a multi, calcium, xtend (during my workout) and st.johns wort and 5htp.
overall good day. :)

Next time... can you walk really fast around the stadium instead of jogging?

Especially with how lean you are getting (and with the title of your journal being "I Wanna Get Buff :lol: )... Id rather see you walking at a really fast pace. Does the stadium have bleachers? I sometimes do half lap walking fast, climb bleachers 5 times skipping a step each time, then another half lap walk, climb bleachers, repeat. Sometimes I will just walk the bleachers up and down for 30 minutes skipping a step in between. Its an excellent workout... but yeah... Id like to see you preserve as much lean muscle tissue as possible by walking at full speed instead of jogging :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 4:45 pm 
Gorilla

can do. sometimes i just feel like i'm doing nothing when i'm walking, even if its full speed. when i moniter it on the treadmill sometimes my heartrate drops below 120 even if i'm at 4.1 mph.....although thats at a low incline. i just tried yesterday doing only 3 mph at a 15% incline which was awesome. :) but thats not easy to find outside. but i do like the bleacher idea. our bleachers are HUGE!

p.s 3rd day on track 110% in a row. not one.little.slipup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:56 pm 
Gorilla

life is crazy right now. i just got home form the gym. eating has been on track completely with my only cheats in the past 4 days being. 2 Tbl soy whipped cream, a few TBL of low cal zinfandel dressing, a couple Tbl Ketchup, and of course i will not give up soy creamer in my coffee, but it's very very little.

my workout:
i am pyramiding these excersizes so its four sets the first being 12 reps, 2nd being 10 reps, 3rd being 8 reps and 4th being 6th. which i am loving btw.

Bent Rear Delts (I have a very hard time with these--always)
2.5, 5, 7.5, 10
Arnold Press
12.5, 15, 17.5, 20
OH tricep Extrention
12.5, 15, 17.5, 20
Rope Pulldown
30, 35, 35 (very difficult at this point...don't know why), 40
Bent Rear Delts again, 1 arm at time this time
2.5, 5, 7.5, 10
hanging leg twist crunches
3 sets of 12
full body v-ups
3sets of 12 ( ihave a popping hip, this movement hurts sometimes)

and 60 minutes low intesity cadrio on the treadmill at 8.6%incline at 3.9 mph

going to work soon to serve ungrateful, snobby customers fancy martinis......yuck. hope i make some loot!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 7:41 pm 
Elephant

I have no problem with a few Tbsp of Soy creamer and a little ketchup.

What about switching to Wish Bone spritzer so you get the flavor, and it doesen't interfere with your healthy fat serving for the meal? I love my Wish Bone Spritzers!!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 18, 2008 8:53 am 
Gorilla

i have bought every single flavor of wishbone spritzers and, i don't know, i just do not like them. i make my own dressings something with just vinegar, water and spices and then add my fat serving to the salad separately, which works well. but when i'm at work, its much harder because i'm already bringing a truck sizd cooler with me everyday. so we have this dressing called low-cal zinfandel which is definately fat free, BUT i think it may have more sugar than is allowed, i should really stop being lazy and read the recipe to see....

on a good note, saturdays are usually hard for me to stick to my diet, but i did it. when i went out after work, i had only one drink and then soda water after that. YAY!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:23 pm 
Elephant

yay for you!!!

Yes, weekends are very challenging so you should be very proud of yourself!!! :)

And I think you should enter the chiseled chest or back contest, cuz you are there women!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:03 am 
Gorilla

aaaaaaaaaannnnd i blew it. severe stress (think: my dad, whom i'm letting live withme for free, driving my new car and my little brother around blackout drunk) hit the end of this weekend and i let it get to me.

i won employee of the year and ha dto go to a big corporate party, which included all the free vegan wine you could drink, which was cool since its not a vegan company i work for and the wine was delicious, buit i only had a few glasses. the problem came after that when i got hungry i had little to no inhibitions and since we were in boston we might as well go to grasshopper (my favorite vegan restaurant) and t.j scallywaggles (the all vegan pizzeria i used to co-own) to say hello.....not good.
as if this wasn't bad enough, nursing a hangover is not conducive to five small meals in a day. . . . . .so . . . there's that. sigh. oh well. back on track in the a.m. and lets not talk cardio, which has been non-existant for the past three days, save the pacing around and yelling at people who should be responsible enough to take care of themselves...which is actually kind of a good workout--being angry that is.

all in all though, i'm feeling better now and hopefully will be back on track until the wedding i'm going to on saturday, which i there will be lots of pictures of. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 12:19 pm 
Elephant

Dani,

This blog is incredible. You are performing all sorts of serious exercises to build lbm and your pics are amazing. I cannot believe where you have come from and where you are now, it is truly surreal. You have made a ton of progress all over and done a fantastic job at shedding off bf. I especially love how your hamstrings bulge out on the shot where you are standing up sideways. I wouldn't flip out over the cheat days but then again it only shows how crucially motivated and serious you are about succeeding and sticking to the plan and goals. It doesn't seem like you get upset just that you want to do it right. It is going to be an absolute pleasure to have your accompaniment traveling to Portland and hanging with you the extra days we will be there.

I would like to join the "Dani Fan Club' if possible, there has to be one with the way you have excelled.

Looking spectacular!

also, 135 deadlifts, I can see you there one day, don't fear it, you're already more than halfway there. And unassisted wide grip pullups, I know you can do it!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 3:09 pm 
Elephant

Lean and Green wrote:
Dani,

This blog is incredible. You are performing all sorts of serious exercises to build lbm and your pics are amazing. I cannot believe where you have come from and where you are now, it is truly surreal. You have made a ton of progress all over and done a fantastic job at shedding off bf. I especially love how your hamstrings bulge out on the shot where you are standing up sideways. I wouldn't flip out over the cheat days but then again it only shows how crucially motivated and serious you are about succeeding and sticking to the plan and goals. It doesn't seem like you get upset just that you want to do it right. It is going to be an absolute pleasure to have your accompaniment traveling to Portland and hanging with you the extra days we will be there.

I would like to join the "Dani Fan Club' if possible, there has to be one with the way you have excelled.

Looking spectacular!

also, 135 deadlifts, I can see you there one day, don't fear it, you're already more than halfway there. And unassisted wide grip pullups, I know you can do it!

Yes, your hammies are amazing.

You must have a damn good trainer or something!!! :lol: :lol:

I am going to email you some extra tips you can apply before the wedding :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 21, 2008 11:05 pm 
Gorilla

awwww thanks, you guys are fantastic. l&g, youre words never cease to amaze me. seriously one of the most motivating people i know.
and veggieprincess, that trainer i have, she's quite a looker herself :wink:

i did well today guys. about 90% perfect. and i got your email vp. that will all be put into action in the a.m. i'm not too too worried about my stomach being wicked flat for the wedding because my dress is one of those ones thats all bunched up on the sides and its hard to see anyway....plus its a size 5 which is 2 sizes too large for me and i had to buy a padded bra to fill it out! HA HA HA! god, i remember what boobs were like. sigh. oh well the size 3 was $170 and the size 5 was $70, sooooooi i couldn't really pass that up ow could i? .....it still looks pretty damn good i think. i'll post pictures afterwards.

also, on a funny side note, i caught myself doing calf raises and and those standing butt kicks during dead times behind the bar today....ok, so i didn't catch myself.....a co-worker did :oops: but it's ok. they all think im a crazy one anyway. :roll: i can't really blame them :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:01 am 
Gorilla

so yesterday went well considering the food was entirely different for me. salt is really the only vice i have left! haha, and i'm cutting out it out for the next few days. but i managed. cutting my carbs a bit lower for the next few also. i know i'm not supposed to weight myself more than once a week, but i was just curious what cutting salt actually does to the scale (i've always thought about trying it, but never really thought i would do it....until melissa made me! :wink: ) and i seriously dropped over 3 lbs in a day whic at first freaked me out because thats not really healthy, but then i realized that it's probably entirely watr weight..... damn, i hold a lot of water, huh? :)

anyway, i had some gym problems. my best fried (whose driving me around while my father has my car) was supposed to go to the gym with me, but they upped the day pass price to $20!! so he waited for me in the car (what a sweetheart) but i was planning on combining my day 1 and day 2 since i missed a day and now felt like i would have to rush through it. i still did it for the most part though and trained abs at home later. i was not looking to improve my weights this week, especially with decreased carbs, i probably would have fainted! so i went for maintenance weights.
here goes.
1leg leg curls- 3 sets 12x45
leg xtn with body elevated- 3 sets 15x35
hack squats 3 sets 12xmachine weight (damn that thing is so heavy all by itself!)
Standing Caf Raises 3 sets 12x80
Wide Lat Pull down-pyramid sets 50, 60, 75, 80
DB chest crossover (all 4 cable machine taken :()pyramid sets 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15
Seated row Pyramid sets 50, 60, 75, 80
Hammer Curls pyramid sets 7.5, 10, 12.5, 15
Incline Bicep curls pyramid 5, 7.5, 10, 12 ( i feel like i am doing these all wrong)
i also got in 50 minutes of low intensity cardio....although it was a the high end of low intensity with my hr hovering around 135.

good day overall. this is the busiest week i've had in a long time. first my awards ceremony, which i looked so awesome for....lemme explain before i sound conceited....i always dress really casual...even if i'm in a dress it's still way way casual and everyone makes fun of me for it because i am not extremely girly. i don't care about shoes or bags or getting my nails done blah blah blah, but for this i had to do "business casula"....whatever that means. so i got my hair cut and the woman did something amazing to it and made it look awesome (that stuff is out of my realm of understanding :wink: and i had these 4 inch geels on (which killed) after a while and this brown suit with pink pinstripes....long story short, no one even recognized me and it was pretty cool. so that was good thing #1. next is my friends wedding on saturday which i can't wait for. and 3rd is one of my best friends is having her baby on tuesday (they're inducing her) and i get to be IN THE ROOM! i get to see the miracle of life actually happen. i get to watch my "neice" be born! i am so excited.

despite all the stresses (mostly boy related :wink: ) life is pretty good, huh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 8:59 am 
Elephant

yep, life is pretty good :)

yep, when you cut salt up to 3 lbs of water can easily come off in 1 day, so no worries

I don't want you to feel weak or faint girl, so if hungry add a banana

Your gonna look dynamite this weekend (you already do) so allow yourself to eat what you want and then get right back on the horse Monday with your old diet that makes you feel good. See... that's the way I see maintenance which we discussed. Weekdays is a planned out pattern and on weekends, you let loose and eat what you want. I don't think your quite on maintenance yet (although you might be almost ready for that... we will discuss that privately... remind me), but that gives you a glimpse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:58 am 
Gorilla

the wedding went well. i will have pictures soon. there wasn't much for me to eat there so i didnt go overboard, but it was an open bar..... :wink: so i do still need to get back on track. i think i burned most of it off as it went down dancing my butt off all night :D
i went grocery shopping yesterday, so i am restocked on all of the food that i need. yay! nothing worse than derailing from your plan because ou don't have enough/the right foods.
it is a beaaaaaaaauuuuutiful day here in mass, so i went out to the park and did yoga this morning. it was lovely. i have changed my work schedule specificall to have more time dedicated to trainig. so starting next week all i will be working is monday nights, wed nights, thursday day, friday double, sat double (possibly just the night) and i should still be able to pay all my bills with those shifts as most of them are decent money maing shifts.....we'll see. its still about 35 hours a week, but hey-its better than 60! i will be in the gym training legs this afternoon. woo hoo!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 10:46 pm 
Gorilla

yes....i dance like this! laugh, i don't care--its funny! but more importantly its fun! :)

i never dress like this. in fact everyone was telling me i'd probably show up in a "hippie dress" as i usually wear, but i showed them all up! ha ha! it was a good time. my ex has a few full body shots but they haven't been uploaded yet.

killer workout today btw. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 2:26 am 
Elephant

thendanisays wrote:
Incline Bicep curls pyramid 5, 7.5, 10, 12 ( i feel like i am doing these all wrong)

and i had these 4 inch geels on (which killed)

I totally feel you with the incline bicep curls. They always feel awkward to me, not matter what degree incline I put the bench on. But everyone claims them to be a very effective exercise. I never feel like I can get my arm to hang off the side of the bench the right way. Nevertheless, I still do em'.

I am assuming geels is a misprint, right? Just wanted to see if it was possibly one of those 'made up' words that meant something really funny, i'm too shot right now to think of any but you know what I mean...

Those pics are wonderful! I was excited for you and i'm glad to see you had such an amazing time. You looked fantastic. My what a wonderful color for you dress. I think a hippie dress would have looked just as good but aren't you glad you changed the look up for a night? Actually everyone had such magnificent colors and outfits on. All you friends have very good taste. I love the dancing moves. I'd like to see what that looks like in motion in person :) Hair looked great. Bod is too hot to trot. You go girl.

Congrads on the niece, I assuming she was born last night! Shakira hopes she didn't interrupt.......

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22  Next