Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 8:26 pm 
Manatee

So today was a real rest day..no working out...unless you count the 10 or so miles I walk around publix all day pushing a shopping cart...my tries are pretty sore from yesterday's 20/20/ 20...which is good. But my legs are on fire after all the walking today...especially my ankles...when I used to work full time I did not notice but now I only work 2 days a week...so it sucks.

This is what I ate...
breakfast...peanut butter oatmeal banana light vanilla soymilk
strawberries were a snack
salad cherries and soy riblet for dinner
vegan pizza cauliflower and an apple for lunch

I also ate 4 sugarfree popsicles...and two salads because my boyfriend did not finish his.... I tried to make a vega shake but I messed it up and had to throw it out..oops...I will try again tommorow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 7:49 pm 
Manatee

No workout today....I painted my living room and my arms were pretty sore after a few hours of edging...tomorrow back on the workout wagon and I am happy because rest days are boring

There are two reasons I am posting pics of what I eat..
1. so you guys can see my awesome vegan cooking skills...JK
2. It is pretty hard to binge when you have to take a photo of what you are eating...every time I feel like eating when I am not hungry I can say to myself Emily you have to take a picture of it...and that makes me more accountable...maybe we will see.....any way here is what I ate

same breakfast except less peanut butter
ooh in florida it is hard to resist slurpees on a hot day...but it was sugar free only 100 albeit empty calories
leftover pizza yum..i love pizza!!! cherries which rock too...and of course the standard veggie mix
cinnamon soy crisps..lots of protein...good for you only 120 cals
ah another salad...this time I only ate one..did not feel like cooking..so frozen dinner it's really good 100% vegan no honey
yogurt...which turns out has a little milk in it...oops won't buy that brand anymore

btw..my boyfriend thinks I am nuts for taking pics of my food..LOL..the look on his face when I snapped my slurpee was priceless

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:28 pm 
Elephant

I love that Kashi meal. In fact I'm taking one to work tomorrow for lunch. It's also a good price too! This is a wonderful idea of taking pics of all your meals. Then if you cheat everyone here will know, and don't think they won't tell you off lol! I don't know if I have the guts to take pics of all my meals, I know I don't eat enough greens, and that I do make more unhealthy choices than I should.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:30 pm 
Manatee

slurpees and vegan Pizza...hmmm healthier than omni's but on a vegan bodybuilding raw/food website...probably equivalent to junk food.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:37 pm 
Elephant

Emmybear wrote:
slurpees and vegan Pizza...hmmm healthier than omni's but on a vegan bodybuilding raw/food website...probably equivalent to junk food.

I agree, slurpees and vegan pizza are not good. I really prefer beer with my vegan pizza. :D

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 8:38 pm 
Elephant

cool, I love to see pictures, I love pictures of everything; food, persons, landscapes! You could take pics of the place you eat too, espescially when it's outside, I'd love to see Florida!
Did you eat that soy yogourt wich contained cow's milk? next time give it to your boyfriend, or a homeless in the street, anybody :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 10:14 pm 
Manatee

Yeah I noticed after I ate it :(...it contained active cultures from cows milk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 8:59 pm 
Gorilla

humm your cherries look just too good!!!

i think i'm hungry now :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 11:10 pm 
Manatee

I did spin today with my favorite teacher...Erin...it was great...we did sections of endurance, intervals and strength.....55 minutes...then I did 30 minutes of abdominal exercises followed by thirty minutes of yoga stretching..very nice relaxing workout today.

What I ate....
Breakfast...peanut butter( skippy natural..) 2 tblspoons..plus a med banana
Lunch after workout in the wrap is a Boca chicken patty vegan cheese slice and salad greens...I had to re-wrap it and I got mustard everywhere:( In the ramekin is hummus..like 2.5 tblspoons and 20 or so carrots..plus about a cup of strawberries
Early dinner before band practice...soy riblet cherries and salad
midnight snack( 180 cals 7 grams of sugar 7 grams of protein ...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:44 am 
Elephant

It's a good thing that you have fruits and greens at almost each meal.
If you want you can have a lot more of them it won't add much calories to your diet ; )

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2008 9:01 pm 
Manatee

Hard workout today...I did 20/20/ 20 and spinning
4 laps around the gym then 6 basketball suicides..ouch..followed by walking lunges up and down the lengths of the basketball courts(see post your gym photos for an idea of how much that hurt) After cardio fun we did arms focused on triceps and chest today 4 sets of chest presses and flies on the ball( in a freakin row) plus we did pulsing on the flies...push ups on a stability ball tricep dips ..lunges with flies and pulsing..overhead triceps about two or three sets of the aforementioned...lunges with shoulder presses...then Froggies..I can't explain them very well you kind of sit down put your hands on your feet
and lift your but up and down...does not sound like much but it burns.....
then spin! Endurance and interval...I did not have the resistance up too high because of knee issues...but I got a good workout

My camera did not work this morning so I did not snap a photo but it was the same breakfast as before light vanilla soy milk..peanut butter banana English muffin

I ate a nature valley granola bar( see yesterdays picture) at the gym... I felt weird taking a picture there...I thought it would help up my energy in spin..but it did not I did not have time to digest it before spin...I'm thinking low calorie Gatorade next time....

My camera started working at lunch so I snapped a pic of this..4 slices of smart deli vegan slices and a slice of vegan cheese also some lettuce and tomato inside...It did not all fit..I have wrap problems...the wrap is a carb balance tortilla...cherries carrot sticks and hummus
I woke up from a nap and I wanted something salty... I did not eat the whole can...there were a few left in the bottom that I scarfed...yeah for carbs
since I devoured so many carbs at lunch I decided to eat a salad for dinner... a big salad...on top are morningstar- vegan chikn strips and light asian sesame dressing plus strawberries...I have to finish them they have been in my fridge too long
I had a few of these throughout the day... I am having problems with my throat and they feel so good when I eat them.. I ate way to many though.... I also finished off the rest of the cinnamon soy crisps before dinner I forgot to take a picture...I ate soo late tonight
yeah tommorow I am taking a picture no matter where I am ..no matter what I put in my mouth...my camera being messed up gave me liscence to bingej(':oops:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 7:56 pm 
Manatee

Workout...I decided to take a break from spinning I did 30 minutes of abs 30 min on the elliptical and one hour of yoga....very nice relaxing workout...

what I ate.....
Same old breakfast....one day I will eat something different
Finished off the cherries for a snack
Lunch same as yesterday pretty much I got mustard everywhere...again
smoothie..after workout...I put soy protien powder soymilk and rasberries
Dinner we went out to my favorite resteraunt sweet tomatoes...it's all you can eat so...I did...ah the mountain of salad...
cantelope and orange slices plus potato spinach tomato soup...awesome...
what my boyfriend eats...LOL
His face after I took that picture...HA!!!
I went back for more fruit yea for buffet!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:22 pm 
Elephant

lol, what your boyfriend eats? does he eats fruits and vegetables sometimes? is he vegan too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm 
Manatee

I'm Your Man wrote:
lol, what your boyfriend eats? does he eats fruits and vegetables sometimes? is he vegan too?

You can see part of his salad in the background ...he eats vegetables but his idea of fruit is a mixed fruit cup by dole....He is a lacto ovo vegetarian.He drinks soymilk though. It's a start when we met he was an omni.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 6:49 am 
Elephant

Emmybear wrote:
I'm Your Man wrote:

You can see part of his salad in the background ...he eats vegetables but his idea of fruit is a mixed fruit cup by dole....He is a lacto ovo vegetarian.He drinks soymilk though. It's a start when we met he was an omni.

:) Sounds okay to me, a lot of people start out where your boyfriend is. It takes time to break old food habits and open up to exploring good food. I never ate vegetables growing, so ended up a cheese-a-tarian for the first two years. When I decided to go vegan, I was determined to like vegetables. Now 20 years later I can't imagine a day without them, I'll eat all I can get. :D

http://www.facebook.com/veganburgh

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next