I'm on my way to being a loser!! :-)

I entered a "Biggest Loser" contest at my gym. I have 10 weeks to lose the most total inches. Today was the end of my first week and I got measured to monitor my progress.

Here's how I did:

Bicep - lost 1/8th of an inch

Chest - Same

Waist - lost 1 inch (my trainer and I were both shocked)

Hips - lost 1/2 inch

Thigh - lost 1/2 inch

Calf - Nothing as expected

Weight loss isn't a component of the competition but last week I lost 1.8kg! Almost 4lbs! I'm betting it's mostly water but I can't complain!

I feel awesome and am motivated to kick even more butt this week!

Wheeeeeee!

Thanks for your support guys!

Lean and Green, it takes a lot of courage to post photos when you're not in the shape you want to be in. I applaud you for posting them and for working hard to achieve what you've accomplished.

I will try to get my hands on a camera this weekend and get some photos up here. The more I have to hold me accountable, the better.

Here's this week's report...

The qualifier - There are just too many variables today for me to feel successful or deflated. My trainer's sister measured me instead of him. She used a different tape measure. I was wearing different clothes and I have my period. Ugh. From now on, I'm wearing the same bra, a tank top and shorts. This is has the potential to get ridiculous so I better get all the "controllables" on my end, under control before we really get into this.

And the results-

Bicep - Same

Chest - Lost 1inch

Waist - gained 3??? (we suspect water retention??)

Hips - Same

Thigh - lost 1/4inch

Calf - Nothing as expected

I hope you're the best loser!

I think I won a biggest loser contest of another kind. I'm afraid to admit it but I have tickets to see NKOTB in concert, in Montreal, in September. OMG!

Now, back to my other loser contest.

I got measured today....

I lost another 1/2 inch off my chest and pretty much everything else stayed the same. I found out that last week I had lost a 1/4 inch off my calves... so that was uplifting.

I'm going to start watching my food intake like crazy and try to up my cardio.

Does slow and steady win the race or should I be looking for something to boost my progress? *shrugs* *sigh*

On the bright side, because there's always a bright side, I'm feeling great, I'm inspiring the people around me to make better choices, I'm having fun and I'm on a path to being a healthier me... and gosh darnit, people like me.

• 2 weeks later...

I finally got measured this week. Only 4 days late. The results were mixed. Most stuff stayed the same but I *gained* on my bicep???? And lost a half inch off my waist. We looked at the stats of the other contestants and I'm doing about the same.

And the beat goes on...

Thanks for the encouragement! I feel like I have a cheering section.

I got measured today and... close your ears boys... it's that TOTM again. UGH. My trainer almost didn't want to bother measuring me but I made him. He was just going to put down that everything stayed the same but I wouldn't allow it.

All around, I did stay the same but I lost 1/4 of an inch of my hips. Whooohooo! Every little bit helps.

I decided to take this week off from training to give my body a chance to fight my throat infection. I hope to jump back in on Saturday and start playing with weights to get ready for the Body for Life program I want to start.

So that's it for me, for this week...

Join me next week as I continue to my quest to become the biggest loser one quarter inch at a time.

Thanks so much for the support! You guys are awesome! I appreciate the boost!!

Today's results are as follows:

- 1/2 inch loss from waist

- 1 inch gain on my chest

- 1/8 inch loss on calves

Everything else stayed the same.

I'll do better next time!

Thanks for the continued support everyone!!

Just a quick note. I was measured today and I'm still losing. The losses aren't huge but at least I'm consistent. I'm hoping that it will all add up in the end. I think my trainer is being difficult and not giving me full props. He'll probably be more generous with my final measuring.... who knows?

At the end of this contest I'm going to do the 12 week Body for Life challenge. I'll be asking for the calipers before starting that.... EEEK!

See ya next week!

• 4 weeks later...

All right... so I am a loser but not the biggest one of all!

One woman lost an amazing 11 inches!!

I'm still happy with my progress and what I was able to achieve.

I am looking for new training goals and will hopefully have the nerve to post some photos soon to motivate me to improve.

I still have a ways to go but am grateful for every step in the right direction.

Thanks for all your support everyone! It was much appreciated!!

All right... so I am a loser but not the biggest one of all!

One woman lost an amazing 11 inches!!

I'm still happy with my progress and what I was able to achieve.

I am looking for new training goals and will hopefully have the nerve to post some photos soon to motivate me to improve.

I still have a ways to go but am grateful for every step in the right direction.

Thanks for all your support everyone! It was much appreciated!!

Life is a long race and you just have a better finishing kick then most. Its not who laughs first its who laughs last.

You should post some pics. Then you can inspire me. To stop doing thiis everyday