Training hard and eating when hungry?

Bigbwii

Hi guys! does training hard or heavy and eating when hungry/starving give you the results you need? I've started eating when hungry because I think I'm getting too much excess around the old tummy! but I train often and pretty hard/intense when I workout and I feel that I need to continue to eat when I want as a little insurance policy, I guess I don't have much faith in eating when hungry and working out yet! how about you guys is it working for you?

Kollision! did I read right? you wrote you should not eat when hungry, can you go into more detail for me?

I found that eating one meal a day did me good, the only problem is getting over your addictive habits!

Edited by Bigbwii

Ok, so I'm answering for Kollision - correct me if I am wrong, K.

You shouldn't eat when you are hungry - right. You should never let your body get to the point of feeling real hunger pains. At this point, your body is already burning it's resources. Therefore, muscle is being burnt. But, that doesn't mean you can't cut back on what you are eating...eat less many times a day.

I remember discussing this in Psych. some years ago. I don't remember why so, my memory could just be kaput.

Plus, your "tummy" looks fine. I'm surprised by how quickly you've bulked! Great job.

Thanks VM, it's like they say that if your thirsty your already dehydrated! I would like to learn more about this in greater detail does anyone have any suggestions? is this where eating 3x a day came in? how do you know when to eat? is this specifically for people that train hard or just regular people's needs? Thanks guys!!!

no problem.

I wait now til I am hungry so my body is burning its own resources a lil bit....this way since my body is calling for me to eat, I am able to give it what it wants.

I used to eat and eat and eat and I never knew when i was actually hungry cause i was always eating....so I never knew what my body needed, I was just guessing by loading it. an this led to me eventually not being able to eat for 2 weeks, cause I couldnt keep any food down. my body was just sick of bulking I guess.

so now I make sure that everything that goes in my body, my body is actually calling for it and needs it. and I find I can put 4k calories into me, 500g carbs, and 300g protein again with no problem.

and whast cool is I noticed I burn fat and yes simultaneously gain muscle mass. I had put on quite a bit of fat since coming here (abs werent visible at one point), now I have much less fat, and I noticed other muscle groups are growing big time. its awesome.

so i think its possible to burn fat and gain muscle. you should be able to do it bigwii. unless I just have some freakish genes....

Thanks Topher! I think to say DON"T eat when hungry is the thing that's confusing me because as you said if your hungry thenm you need to eat! I'm gonna eat when hungry and I'm hoping my body will make the adjustments so I'm not losing any mass! I've known guys that came from poor households and the the only thing they had in the hood were the youth clubs some of these youth clubs had gyms! so instead of hanging out on the streets they'd use the youth club wieghts, I've seen guys get huge doing this without a single care or knowledge of nutrition they got cut because they were broke! they would use the gym everyday training the same bodypart until they learnt something else so I know it can be done!