Lena01 progress pics, June 27th update

Running 10k on a treadmill, after 3 days doing it, I got shin splints. That never happened to me on the track in 3 years. Treadmills are the monster!

I must have also posture problems or something because the left calf is the one that hasn't healed and I got injured once on the left quad doing martial arts. So I probably overload that side.

Any suggestions??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Running 10k on a treadmill, after 3 days doing it, I got shin splints. That never happened to me on the track in 3 years. Treadmills are the monster!

I must have also posture problems or something because the left calf is the one that hasn't healed and I got injured once on the left quad doing martial arts. So I probably overload that side.

Any suggestions??

Oh that sucks I'm sorry for your injury.

I never got shin splints, but I could just imagine how it feels. You poor thing.

It could be that you over trained yourself, or you need to replace your shoes. It could be your not stretching enough. Or you could of put off running for awhile and really pushed yourself for the first time. Or your form is off.

Those are just some things I can think of.

I also heard that running down and up hill can cause shin splints. Especially if you're not use it.

Tasha: I probably over trained and I was running with my ma shoes, that are not very cushioned really... so now I'm paying the hard way. I stretch a lot, because I think I'm bubble gum even though I'm not super flexible yet I just hope I will be fine soon because everytime it's a nice day outsidee all I can think is "oh what a nice day for running "

So now I want to update my arms pictures because the last one looks a lot like cubby w/ his super-hetero red shirt. Nothing bad with that but when I look at mine I can't but laugh, not to say that I almost end up wearing the peanut butter I was eating when I first saw his.

I trained today chest, biceps, quads and calfs. Later I went to class and now I took this ones:

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/3720/webcam2008052622106vu4.png

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/9275/webcam2008052622085yy3.png

http://img366.imageshack.us/img366/5876/webcam200805262210bk1.png

Edited by Lena01

Nice Arms Girly

Lizworld over trained last VV. She ran bare foot in the sand and from being off running for awhile. The poor girl was hobbling around for a good few days.

Be careful not to over train.

I hope your injury heals fast.

In the mean time keep up with your training. You look fantastic

Thanks Emmybear and Tasha!!

I'm really enjoying lifting weights really!!

It happened to me once like Lizworld even though I had been on the track for like 8 months. It took a week to heal (but I was still chilling at the beach) I've been waiting for 2 months now... but it hasn't hurted in like 2 weeks so I see the road coming up

You girls are really supportive! Thanx!!!

yep, me too. i like to be around on barefoot in general. dance on barefoot (that one's my favorite!), i've walked around my city on barefoot like twice (it might sound gross but i liked it)...

Edited by Lena01

thanks simwave

it was time for a legs update. i think definition on upper legs hasstayed at the same level, volume has increased and calves are skinnier perhaps because i can't run. or maybe they stayed the same but quads grew so they look smaller. what is true is that i'm completely lefty. i got into a good mirror yesterday and my right calf was smaller than the left (quads, the same but i already knew that)

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/1429/legs1sm4.jpg

Edited by Lena01

There is actually a music video my cousin made for a class of me in that drag. That is why I had it on. It is set to Weird Al's "Do I Creep You Out?" I will see if I can get it from him. I think it is online...

Nice progress, by the way. I don't read people's journals often. Your legs are awesome now.

Lena,

Great progress. I flipped back to the other arm shots and I notice a definitive difference. They keep getting better and better.

The legs, superb as usual. In the most respectful way possible, nice glutes =D.

The head bobbing all over in the arms pics is pretty funny, you look all silly, I like. Looks like you just wanted to get your head in the pic while you were shooting them

thanks guys!!

muscu-ma-lar?
i couldn't understand

There is actually a music video my cousin made for a class of me in that drag. That is why I had it on. It is set to Weird Al's "Do I Creep You Out?" I will see if I can get it from him. I think it is online...
well you'd probably creep some people out in that outfit lol. i'd like to see the video though

Nice progress, by the way. I don't read people's journals often. Your legs are awesome now.
thanks!!

In the most respectful way possible, nice glutes =D.
lol thanks! back home guys have a not so respectful way to say it

The head bobbing all over in the arms pics is pretty funny, you look all silly, I like. Looks like you just wanted to get your head in the pic while you were shooting them
well it was actually the other way round... but i do look kind of silly Edited by Lena01

blame a buddy of mine for that -ma- crap .... when we played Street Fighter in the arcades he used to call it Street-ama-Fighter. so ever since, if i can sneak in the -ma- into words or sentences i will. if you don't like it, tough!!!!!!!

hehe