Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:28 pm 
Gorilla

As i said before. I am tradeing an hour a weeks work at the rock climbing gym for a free membership. The great thing is they have weights, which as of yet i am not comfortable with:

That being said the weights you see here are kinda limited but since i am limited in strength no biggie. i wanted to come up with a good balanced plan so that when i start working out it is an easy concept to get my head around.

before and after accountability photos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:11 pm 
Gorilla

Week 5:

I worked out twice last week. I still felt pumped and my strength seems to increase the most the less i work out. I am going to work out three times this week and compare to the week before in order to see which one my body responds too as far as how often i should work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:13 pm 
Gorilla

Week 6: (in progress)

I worked out Monday i did my reps slow and i felt very strong. I was able to do all 7 of the diamond pushups in my first set then 4 then 5. which is really good for me.

Tuesday: I am checking out the rock climbing gym today I want a chance to evaluate the weights in person and cardio so when i make my plan to start using them it will be real and with concrete knowledge as to what they have for me to use.

I do know that i need to do some sort of pulling movement and i do a lot of push movements. I am buying a chin up bar this next paycheck.

Updated Tuesday: I went for their basic bouldering class but it was canceled. I tried climbing for 10 minutes and felt intimidated so i left. Then i felt stupid and angry at myself for leaving so i went back and climbed for about 30 minutes until my forearms locked up and i could no longer trace a route. I really enjoyed myself. I like the idea that you see the object as a problem that has to be worked out. I think it will have far reaching effects in my life. That being said in the day that i did the rockclimbing i made the excuse for why i could not trace a complicated route was hindered because of me having adhd. For me this is a classic stress model and im glad that i can realize this and stop it. So yeah good day yesterday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:10 pm 
Gorilla

uh...week 8

so for the last two weeks i have worked out once a week. A sort of transition period into my current phase:

Weights.

I am doing a very basic workout for three months to gain some strength and muscle then i will re-assess where i am at:

here is the three day split: the book recomends picking a weight you can do no more than 6 reps with then when you can do 10 reps you move up ten percent. it asks for a really light warm up set and then your 6 rep max set. only the one set needed. I like this method as i found just working with the barbell was close to heavy enough.

The plan switches every week so that you are not doing any repeat excercises for the three months. I will take pictures this weekend. This week is all about just doing light weight with the barbell to get the feeling of the movement because i want to do technique right. so it feels like a warm up week is the start of my full try my hardest with the max 6 weight. wish me luck guys this is my first time.

A:
overhead press with barbell
upright row
side deltoid raise
lying triceps
barbell curl
forearm curl
reverse forearm

B:
lateral lunge with barbell
hack squat
leg curl with ankle weights(not sure how i am going to do this)
leg extension with anke weights(same as above)
heel raise with dumbells
ankle flexion with weight plate
stationary lunge with dumbells

C:
bench press
dumbell fly
wide-grip row
dumbell swing
dumbell trunk twist
oblique trunk rotation with weight plate
leg raise with ankle weights

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:35 am 
Gorilla

first day of weights went really light. second day went medium. today is the third day. Im gonna hit this program hard.

I think the added bonus of this short workout is that it gives me another half an hour of rock climbing. i think that helps get my muscles close to failure.

not to self do not bike ride on legs day ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2008 10:37 am 
Gorilla

p.s. i am working out three days a week and rock climbing two days a week. sometimes on the same day as workout sometimes not. I ride my bike there and back on those days for a total of 6 miles a day 4 days a week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 3:18 pm 
Gorilla

I worked out three times this week my work out week is Sat-thursday.(sat, tuesday, thursday being the days i workout)

Last night i realized that i have bad form. Alot of the excercises like the upright row called for a straight back and mine is sorta curved. I could tell that i didnt do the bench press right because i felt it in my forearms instead of my chest.

This may have been due to my rockclimbing before hand. Also there was an oblique twist with plate that i could feel in my back but not my abs. I really wish i had a workout partner as this is confusing. But i press on. I have decided to search for videos of all the exercises before i go work out that way i can have a mental visual guide instad of the two dimentional pictures in the book im using.

p.s.
I feel fat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:04 pm 
Gorilla

phillipeb wrote:
I worked out three times this week my work out week is Sat-thursday.(sat, tuesday, thursday being the days i workout)

Last night i realized that i have bad form. Alot of the excercises like the upright row called for a straight back and mine is sorta curved. I could tell that i didnt do the bench press right because i felt it in my forearms instead of my chest.

This may have been due to my rockclimbing before hand. Also there was an oblique twist with plate that i could feel in my back but not my abs. I really wish i had a workout partner as this is confusing. But i press on. I have decided to search for videos of all the exercises before i go work out that way i can have a mental visual guide instad of the two dimentional pictures in the book im using.

p.s.
I feel fat.

Hey yo. Im looking for a gym buddy. How much does the gym cost if you dont trade for work? Although Im not as big as the guys on these boards, I can show you proper technique on lifts and shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 4:58 pm 
Gorilla

dontxhide wrote:
phillipeb wrote:

p.s.
I feel fat.

Hey yo. Im looking for a gym buddy. How much does the gym cost if you dont trade for work? Although Im not as big as the guys on these boards, I can show you proper technique on lifts and shit.

No worries about being big. While i respect their dedication being huge isnt inline with my goals and motivational factors. Im working towards health and life long fitness. I want to use my body instead of just inhabiting it. I wouldn't mind looking good either but thats secondary to bettering my health first.

Its rather expensive. Its like 50 bucks a month man.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 12:10 pm 
Gorilla

week two:

A:
Dumbell Military press
Dumbell Raise
front deltoid
lying cross shoulder tricepts extension
reverse grip barbell curl
wrist roller

B:
Hack squat
leg extension with ankle weights
front squat
seated heel raise with barbell
duck squat with dumbell
bench lateral stepup wth dumbells

C:
Incline bench
dumbell fly
One-Arm Dumbell row
T-bar row wit barbell
dumbell side bend
curl-up with weight plate.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:25 pm 
Gorilla

Week two went pretty well. I felt like i got a few more max sets in there. I have had the problem since i dont have a workout partner finding a weight that i can max out on for 6 reps. I did it with maybe a 1/3 of the excercises this week. 2/3 were near max. I am already seeing progress both in my body and the weights i can handle. Not much but enough to tell the difference. I had gained some weight because i deferred a student loan adn had all this extra money to waste on fast vegan food and cupcakes. I am loosing that again. good thing since its gay pride next weekend.

Someone contacted me as per my craigslist ad and wants to go out door bouldering tomorrow after work some im looking forward to that. my arms should be really sore by tomorrow though but its a good chance to go with experienced climbers.

side note. I am trying to loose 1 lbs this week by walking during my lunches and eating more healthy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:29 pm 
Gorilla

week 3

A:
behind the neck press with barbell
shrug
side deltoid raise
french curl
preacher curl
forearm curl
reverse forearm curl

B:
hack squat
leg curl with ankle weights
leg extension with ankle weights
seated heel raise with barbell
ankle felxion with weight plate
standing kickback with ankle weights

C:
decline bench press
dumbell fly
good morning
one arm dumbell row
dumbell trunk twist
dumbell side bend

After this week it starts on the first week so hopefully i will see my max increase. i cant wait to see my results from the whole 3 months program and then step it up a notch. Getting in a minimum fitness level has really made me desire a body that is reactive so i can kung fu punch someone while jumping over a vehicle and saving a cat all in one process.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:27 am 
Rabbit

It looks like you're doing great!! I've often thought about rock climbing but then get too intimidated because I'm afraid I won't be strong enough and then I never go. That might be something I try this summer ...

I love that you've incorporated climbing into your workouts. I'm thinking that in a year's time I might start kung fu again. :-)

Good luck with your program!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:19 pm 
Gorilla

Week 4: It is suppose to be a reiteration of the first week but i have changed a few things. Because i do not have a workout partner i have switched all bench presses to dumbbell presses (incline and regular) Also instead of doing a warm up set then a 6 rep max, I have switched to a warm up set and a 75-85 max weight for 6 and then another set that is my max rep for six. Previously i had stopped at six even if the weight was slightly light. i am going to start trying to get past six so that i am positive of the weight i should be using. Also i was working out Saturday Tuesday Thursday. By doing this and then having to many conflicting things i ended up missing a day. so i am on a Monday Wednesday schedule OR a Tuesday Thursday Saturday schedule. This gives me leeway to either skip Saturday if i am immobile and work out on Sunday.

A:
overhead press with barbell
upright row
side deltoid raise
lying triceps
barbell curl
forearm curl
reverse forearm

C:(switched the routine up. I am biking to work so i want to do legs last day so as to recover on the weekends)
bench press(using dumbbells)
dumbell fly
wide-grip row
dumbell swing
dumbell trunk twist
leg raise with ankle weights

B:
lateral lunge with barbell
hack squat
?? hamstring excercise (perhaps standing leg curl?)
front squat(new change)
heel raise with dumbells

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 6:49 pm 
Gorilla

while i am starting to feel more muscular and my body is barely starting to take some shape i feel slightly weaker when i climb. I may do a two day split followed up with 2 days climbing. i have neglected this aspect of my training having loved getting into learning about the weights. we shall see. perhaps ill do this after the three months are over.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 80 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next