Lena's food & training log

Today it's been a busy Sunday. Studying all the time. Oh boy I'm just going to make sure to have lots of fun in my b-day... hard task in this town

I went to the Y again, not many arnold-wannabes, lots of chatting (oh my godz shud up and let me work! ) At least it's funny how some people get offended when you ask them politely to let you work. Well I think I also went over the board: "Don't you have some dumbbells to lift here?" but they had it coming. Now the whole gym knows how uncool I can get

9:30: Oatmeal

13:20 Apple

15:00 Workout

17 min/4 miles bike

Lat pulldowns

4x10 @ 60 lbs

Close grip row

3x10 @ 50 lbs

Barbell close bent-over row

3x10 @20 lbs

Some funny over head full motion machine

3x10 @ 50 lbs

Stiff leg deadlift

4x10 @ 44 lbs

Hamstrings curl

4x10 @ 40 lbs

Delts front raise

2x10 @ 10 lbs

Cable fly

2x10 @ 10 lbs (1 extra for the left)

Delts press

3x10 @ 20 lbs

Kickbacks

3x10 @ 5 lbs

1x10 @ 8 lbs [insert celebration here]

French press

3x10 @ 15 lbs

Hanging leg raises

3x10

Abs crunches

3x10 @ 50 lbs

Stairs climbing >600 steps/15 mins

Stretch

18:00 TVP. Cashews, Brazil nuts, dried cranberries

19:00 Ezekiel w/ soymilk

21:00 Raspberries, tangerine, cashews

I'm running out of cashews, no wonder...

Edited by Lena01

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Today, it was tiring!! Not quite much physically but I haven't had a relaxing time (other than the gym but that's like showering) in a while. And still have to do some more reading :/

I went to run on the road. The track was completely taken, I didn't feel pissed, they were just cute 5 yo kiddies playing games and stuff. I can't regulate my pace that well off the track (I have to fix that) so I ran faster than usually, plus the 3 months off: I got exhausted after 25 minutes That was lame, really. I have to slowly go back to running so I can keep injury free and do something that's at least decent. I saw a nurse out of the hospital sitting on the grass, leaning on a wall and smoking, with the uniform on Not that sitting on the grass is bad, I like it actually, but not with the same clothes that she'll be wearing to give people pills!!! And smoking... well, no comments :/

I ran out of oatmeal and cashews but I haven't had time to go do groceries. I won't buy cashews anyway, I got an addiction issue going on and that has to stop.

My Ethics prof will let me do an extra on my project about animal rights. That's cool!!!!

9:00 1/2 oatmeal Ezekiel w/soymilk

13:30 dried cranberries

(insert run here, if that counts)

14:30 tofu, lettuce, tomato, radish, dried cranberries, brazil nuts, filberts

18:30 filberts, apple

21:00 tofu, ezekiel w/soymilk, strawberry, apple, cranberries

Ah- I hope the gym is open tomorrow because I have no time to go further and I want to start my max strength week!!

Good morning >> I got up like half an hour before so that I didn't have to run and could put myself into waking-up mode. It's over now and I might have a 3 days break. Whatever! It's just 6 weeks before going to spend some time in Cuba and I will have to work on a lot of stuff in that time.

But well, going to things that matter: there was a new multi-coloured Swiss ball at the gym!!!! weeeeeee Well I don't use Swiss balls but it's fun to watch it. Today I didn't have time to workout a lot hey, I still benched my record today! (I think)

I got into the feeling of my last teen year in the afternoon. B-day crisis... I hadn't had time to think a lot about it but when gum-shaped-brain thoughts caught me I got into it. It's a bit good, I'm growing (time is actually growing on me) and I can see that I will be soon doing things that were once far away. But responsabilities catch up too. Still the more I think I'm really growing I realize that I'm a child.

Tomorrow I'm going to try to run. After yesterday my runner ego was deeper than Kant books and I have to be thankful that my injury did not come back (at least not for yesterday).

I was told today that I am an artist and that I don't know it. I also realized today how thankful people can be, that was nice.

Today I want to speak french. I dunno why. (well I also couldn't help putting that smiley)

8:30 Kiwi, strawberry

11:40 tofu. celery w/ peanut butter

Workout:

I'm into maximum strength week now. Hard times...

Bench press:

5 @ 30 lbs

4 @ 35 lbs

4 @ 35 lbs

3 @ 40 lbs

1 @ 45 lbs (pr?)

Preacher curl:

7 @ 15 lbs

4 @ 20 lbs

3 @ 25 lbs

1 @ 30 lbs

Squats: (completely lame by the way)

10 @ 40 lbs

3x8 @ 20 lbs

Seated calf raises:

3x6 @ 45 lbs ----> I it hate when guys don't clean up after themselves and leave the weights on the machines. They don't realize that there's people (me) who can't move a 45lbs plate! That's like going to the toilet and not flushing!!!! (The same goes to teachers that use the board and leave it all written for the next prof to erase. And so forth...)

13:30 pear

14:00 tofu, juice w/hemp strawberry

18:00 more tofu, and more celery w/peanut butter (I get creative)

20:30 tofu, grapes, raspberries, blackberries, blueberries, rice w/veggies my roommate made (it was good ), oatmeal, brazil nuts, pecans

Hum this music is so good and I just remembered I have to wake up early tomorrooo

Edited by Lena01

I hate when guys don't clean up after themselves and leave the weights on the machines. They don't realize that there's people (me) who can't move a 45lbs plate! That's like going to the toilet and not flushing!!!! (The same goes to teachers that use the board and leave it all written for the next prof to erase. And so forth...)

ahahahha...quoted for truth!

Good job with the new records.

Don't worry, once you hit 20 it won't feel any different than 19. Didn't for me anyways.

Interesting that you were feeling like that though. Lately I have been thinking similar thoughts. Time passes fast, only so much time.

really kind of depressing to think about...

Need to make the time count!

Interesting that you were feeling like that though. Lately I have been thinking similar thoughts. Time passes fast, only so much time.

really kind of depressing to think about...

Need to make the time count!

Oh don't talk about depression, you're not helping!!! lol

You're right about making time count. I just feel like I've done some things while thinking that I was young (and I still am). But sometimes I would believe that my time was unlimited so I got into lots of projects expecting that the future would come and I would be ready for it. In the meantime I had the hope that that 'future' wasn't going to come soon so I would have much more free space in my life. But now my time for free planning is shrinking and it gets harder and harder to say "next year I'm doing that!".

Still, what you said, make time count!!! It does pay back.

(Oh I'm getting deeper than Las Marianas today with everything lol)

It was an intellectually productive day. I learnt stuff, read things I like, got informed, wasn't late for any class

I also decided I'm spendinf about 4 days in Toronto before going home. I'm realy excited about both things. I'm planning a trip back, I want to bike or hike our highest mountain. I hope I can really do something.

The gym was pretty lame though. I was going to run and as excited as I was about it, when I actually got into the track I realized my shin splints were both hurting again. I don't know what I'm going to do, seriously.

Then somehow it was rainy and cold and unpleasant and chilly... All that gets me really fast, I'm a sunny-day-kid. I had only 20 minutes left to workout so I tried to bike but I didn't feel like it. As a result I grabbed a racket and a ball and played tennis against the wall. I think the only productive thing was having my left hit a little bit better.

I don't like it when I go to the gym and find myself lazy and unmotivated. Specially because 99% of the times I'm so happy to be there that I don't find my time to be enough and the whole experience of exercising gets me amazingly happy. So yes, when I go to the gym and don't do well I feel bad.

11:00 Oatmeal

(insert putting on gym gear and then going back home)

14:00 Apple, plum, black-blue-raspberries, grapes

16:00 Brazil nuts

19:00 Orange, grapes

21:30 Apple, grapes, all the berries again, orange, pecans, celery

Am I eating too much? I don't know. I don't feel bloated and at least half an hour before eating I feel really hungry. But when I write down all the stuff I've eaten, it looks like I eat a lot for my size!!!

Edited by Lena01

Definitely not too much food, I'd be surprised if that was 1200 calories.

Seems like you could use some source of Omega 3, and also some more protein.

I am with Zack. Throw a tablespoon or two of ground flax on your oatmeal and start eating some legumes or pulses or whatever you know them by. I would mostly recommend lentils as they cook quite fast and are one of the highest legumes in protein.

I started feeling like time was closing in on me at 22 (which I currently am). I really went through a quarter-life crisis when I realized that I won't be done with my master's degree until I am 27 or so. I got over it, though. I figure I will probably life longer than most people, so not getting out into the world until 27 isn't much of a loss.

so not getting out into the world until 27 isn't much of a loss.

Dude, you are in the world. Right now.

Yeah, I guess that is true. It just doesn't quite feel like it yet. I think once I hit grad school it will feel like I am no longer a "child."

Yep guys, you're right about protein. I didn't eat much of it yesterday, today I ate more. Perhaps I could eat more omega 3 too. I actually do what cubby says, I put flaxseed and peanut butter in my morning oatmeal. And then when I say pecans and things like that, servings are not small. I wasn't joking when I said that my best friend compares me to her bf (he's a competitive athlete) and says "he ate a lot! well, imagine that he ate almost as much as you do" (no sarcastic tone there from her)

Thanks for the comments, you've both gone a longer way than me so I really take your advice into account. Actually today I ate lots of protein (well, for what I usually do). I still have to put myself in the kitchen and cook my beans though.

-----

Today I talked to two old friends who I hadn't talked to for a while. One of them almost convinced me to study Linguistics given the crazy amount of languages I want to speak. But it's just laziness, I can keepp on my program and go for languages too. I was zuper happy to talk to them, that kind of made my day.

I didn't have much time for the gym but it wasn't as short as yesterday. There was a guy on a stairmaster right by my side and I don't know how I felt his sweat smelling like meat. It was gross and strange. I never felt that before on a person and it was ingly revolting. I was just thinking "you meat eater don't sweat by my side!" but it sounded odd even in my head. That doesn't offset the fact that he smell was sick. I learnt how to make widgets in an economics experiment lol. Nothing else, I realized that i have loads of work to do. That's what happens when you take 4 courses in the summer.

8:30 Oatmeal w/flaxseed & peanut butter

12:00 pecans, brazil nuts

14:10 blueberries, juice w/hemp powder

16:40 2 cups of berries, big beautiful kiwi, baby carrots, tofu, juice w/hemp

18:50 brazil nuts, pecans. tofu. 2 corn ears w/peanut butter (hum that was good!)

22:00 tofu, banana, orange

I am a person who needs to sleep now.

Edited by Lena01

I forgot to log my workout yesterday. I don't remember the weights but it was 4 miles on a bike for warm-up and then strength training for the back, the hams, the shoulders and the triceps.

Today I met the athletics boss in my uni. We were talking for a while and he suggested me to join the soccer team. I don't know... I'm good at endurance but I'm loosing it because injured and then, I've never played soccer other than with the boys at high school every once in a while. I don't know... I'll see how good are the girls and if I see that I can reach their level I'll join.

Other than that I've not used my day as I thought I was going to (and how I need to). I have to study lots of stuff and didn't touch a book. I guess I'll take it as my brain day off this week. I'll work tomorrow... Really, I seriously will.

I got up pretty early this morning for not having the alarm set.

9:00 Oatmeal w/flaxseed, peanut butter and a sliced banana

Workout:

15 min/ 4 miles bike

Bench press:

1x5 @ 35 lbs

1x4 @ 40 lbs

1x4 @ 40 lbs

1x3 @ 45 lbs

1x1 @ 50 lbs

Squats:

6x8 @ 50 lbs

Cable curl:

6x8 @ 30 lbs

Seated calf raises:

1x8 @ 25 lbs

1x8 @ 50 lbs

1x6 @ 55 lbs

1x6 @ 55 lbs

(I don't like this machine too much because my quads hurt when the weight falls on them)

Abs, hanging leg raises

4x10

Bench leg raises

3x20

Inclined sit ups

3x20

15 minutes on the bike, 4 miles

14:10 While preparing lunch I ate more than what was actually on my lunch bowl: raw broccoli and asparagus, blueberries, brazil nuts, pecans

14:50 Lunch: a beautiful salad with fiddleheads, green pepper, baby carrots, strawberries. And an ear of corn w/peanut butter

17:40 Pecans, Brazil nuts, filberts

21:40 Tofu, Banana, orange and pecans

lol @ peanut butter salad.

the peanut butter wasn't in the salad, just in the corn. it does seem odd putting peanut butter in a salad...

Yesterday I didn't have time to post. Today it was my friend's birthday so we went out dancing last night. I don't remember dancing so crazy here in Canada or being so sweaty and tired at the end of the night. It was awesome!!! I just love dancing, I love dancing, I lo...

The workout yesterday was pretty good too. I felt lots of energy, endorphines all over the place and overall awesomeness. I reached a couple of personal records. So bad that it's just one rep. I can see those weights coming up for normal training in about 4 months.

9:30 Oatmeal w/ peanut butter, flaxseed and banana

Workout:

13:35 min/4 miles bike

Lat pulldown:

1x5 @ 60 lbs

1x4 @ 65 lbs

1x4 @ 70 lbs

1x3 # 75 lbs

1x2 @ 80 lbs (pr)

Hams curl:

4x8 @ 45 lbs (I don't like the orthopedic not knowing what's wrong with my left tibia-femur insercion or whatever is wrong)

Delts press:

1x5 @ 45 lbs

1x4 @ 50 lbs

1x3 @ 55 lbs (pr)

1x2 @ 55 lbs

French triceps press:

1x5 @ 20 lbs

1x5 @ 20 lbs

1x5 @ 25 lbs

1x5 @ 30 lbs

Abs:

Inclined sit ups

1x30

Alternate inclined sit ups

1x20

Low alternate inclined sit ups

1x20

Interval sit ups

1x7 180-135

1x7 135-90

1x7 180-90

Inclined leg raises

2x10

16:00 min/4 miles bike

14:40 Banana, juice w/ hemp, tofu, last ear of corn w/ peanut butter

18:00 Apple, banana, blueberries

19:00 Celery w/ peanut butter, filberts

Today I slept till noon until my friend's parents came to take us out for lunch. They're really nice with me, kind of my Canadian parents. They brought me presents for my bday, including organic dark chocolate which I ate already. Today it was a high calory day and no workout, day off.

12:00 Orange, banana

15:00 Ate spaghettis w/some veggies sauce

16:30 Chocolate, filberts, tofu

21:40 Orange, kiwi

23:20 Plum, filberts

I studied a bit, I finished some work I had to do but even though I still have more to do I'm going to bed because it's late and my brain is feeling a bit like gum. Hum I also checked out some pics from different natural bodybuilding contests and decided to work harder.

the peanut butter wasn't in the salad, just in the corn. it does seem odd putting peanut butter in a salad...

Are you related to Potter?

I think he dips his peanuts in peanut butter.

lol we're not. but it might be a matter of quads, he said once that mine reminds him his

Edited by Lena01

Hi there. Long time no see. Yesterday I had no time to post and today it could have been the same but I needed to work through this because that is the way that you start stopping... "I'll do it tomorrow"

I was a happy kid with stats yesterday, awesome.

Yesterday I started the vascularization week. It's basically to give some efficiency to the newly gained mass and to cut back more fat. I could keep my hr nice high through the weights lifting part.

8:20 one and a half oatmeal (I woke up really hungry) w/ peanut butter, flaxseed, apple and cinnamon

13:30 juice w/ hemp

Workout:

4 miles bike/ some minutes I don't remember

Lifted weights on circuitx3 at 10-15 reps low weight so I could go fast. I don't remember all the weights

Lat pulldown

Hams curl

Shoulder press

French triceps press

Push ups

Squat

Leg raises

then another 4 miles on some bike so random that I dun when someone has taken it because it's the only one I Like

15:50 kiwi, peach, plum, celery w/peanut butter

19:00 plum and filberts

20:45 tofu, plum, orange

Today I didn't have a lot of time to eat. The workout was hard: I didn't have a lot of energy because I didn't sleep much and didn't eat much. Well the weather wasn't inspiring either... the sun feeds me a significant bit.

6:40 Oatmeal w/peanut butter, flaxseed and cinnamon (obviously)

I ate 400 grams of tofu through the day, perhaps less

14:00 Workout

Played squash. It was fun, I can be a hard counterpart to myself. My reverse hit is getting better.

Then some basic wushu training.

HIIT on a bike 3x3:1 + 3x2:1

Abs, 5 different exercises, don't remember much of the order or reps.

20:20 2 Bananas, almonds

22:00 I cooked some awesome TVP, it had asparagus, green pepper, baby carrots, radish, mushrooms, ground pecan, celery, sugar snap peas. I ate a tomato with it.

I won't log what I ate yesterday or today. I'm not in the mood for it. Just a couple regular days. Today I ate a bit more but nothing significant.

Today was cardio day, when I was done I went to play squash. I must admit that I'm getting some strenth Reverse hit still getting better and as usual I enjoy the sound of the racket hitting the ball powerfully.

The other good thing today was my brother. That's just happiness in itself. We made plans for a backpack hiking trip in the summer. Got to talk about stuff and as usual I realized that I love him a lot. It's just... why isn't there a better word than 'love' in English?? Or why do people use 'love' to say they like pizza? Yo adoro a mi hermanito.

Yes, I've noted that. (I think we can hijack my log better)

I just feel so full with it that when we were saying good-bye he told me what you could translate into English as "I love you Leny" and that is so meaningful in Spanish. I don't like over-using adjectives, I feel like it wasn't that true so I need to make it beleivable.

Just like my friend says: Some things are sexier in Spanish.