NABBA Newcomer yesterday

Hi friends.

Yesterday i wanted to compete in the NABBA Newcomer. I was told i had to go there, because i'm new to that association. But yesterday the officials told me i could not start, because i already have a title in another association

We agreed that i could take part just for fun, as i had done the prep and was already there. After the show they'd tell me what place i would have got.

So i did my thing completely relaxed (even more than usual )

It was a cool little competition, good judges, they let us hold the poses for a long time

I made two valuable experiences for next time: 1 - i drank to little and took my salt too late, this led to cramps, 2 - the judges in this association rate definition much higher than mass. In every class the winner was the one with the best conditioning

My brother and a friend came to see me, therefore i was a bit disappointed that i was out of the competition, but they said i was clearly the best (My brother is a competitive BBer, too)

I was in great condition, much better than last time, and better color, too. Unfortunatley, i have no pics to prove that

Here are the two best pics i have:

Posedown:

http://img320.imageshack.us/img320/4951/nabba14nb.jpg

Posedown, the guy next to me placed first:

http://img335.imageshack.us/img335/6766/nabba23pj.jpg

After the show i talked to the officials and they told me i would have been first Next sunday it's the international German Championship. There will be a LOT of athletes! The best 6 will qualify for the World Championship on december 3rd.

Hey Alex,

I've got more time now. First let me say I'm very proud of you! You've been dieting for a long time, been working really hard and have had goals in mind the whole time.

Also, let me say thank you for representing Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness. It is an honor to have you as a sponsored athlete. I think you represent Vegan Bodybuilding as well as anyone I've seen.

Next, you do look incredible! Let's face it, we've seen lots of vegan athletes and vegan bodybuilders, but you look the freakiest so far...and of course as a bodybuilder, you know that as a compliment. Arms, shoullders, legs, back, all look fantastic!

Lastly....I will confirm that Topher is growing fast. His body responds better and faster than anyone I've seen in person. He's quite a bit larger than me at the present time. I still weigh more, but he's bigger. I just have a bigger butt and bigger heavier legs.

I really look forward to seeing you this summer so you better be there for the Vegan Fitness Vacation!

On a side note, I'm going to the post office tomorrow to pick up the boxes of calendars....I believe they arrived on Saturday and I got there too late to pick them up because I was at work...but got a notification that a big box came...I assume it is the calendars.

Again, well done and best of luck in the next one. You rock!

-Thin Thin Smaller Than Daywalker Him

Wow, thanks you everyone for your motivational replies! You're great support and help me through my diet!

You look great! And your biceps look really good. Do you feel you made progress on them since your last competition?

I wish i had Actually, i focused on arms the past three weeks, and felt they responded well, but i can't imagine they have grown visibly. But i did the warm up and water/carb manipulation different this time, so i think my arms had better pump, which can be a difference of an inch

Roid_Rage: Die Deutsche ist in NORTHEIM, die WM in Arnstadt bei Erfurt. www.nabba.de

Thank you Robert K-oz and i both wore our VBB-T-Shirts the whole day and educated many astonished bodybuilders about how to get protein on a vegan diet

Sorry that i don't have more pictures

I'm already known a little in the German BB-scene The officials knew me as being "the" vegan, because they had talked to the officials of the GNBF One said "you're the one who eats only fruits, right?" I thought, no that's bigbwii, but i said something else

Topher, go and grow, i'll try to catch up. I give you another two weeks before i start

I'm already excited for sunday. It will be an important competition, with many many athletes competing. It will be awesome to have Johnathan and Kathryn for support!

I'm looking forward to meet you, too!

Bring your camera, then we can give pic-pic-addicted-him (aka Robert) what he needs We really have to make pics sunday.

Thanks for your encouragement, everybody!

Love and peace,

Daywalker

• 3 weeks later...
But he has a much better butt.

Nobbi - no, he hasn't

He was very dry and had good balance, but his glutes where not as defined as mine. Bodybuilding judging criteria are NOT the same as personal taste! So, if you like his butt, okay, but mine was still better

On a sidenote i want to mention that personally i do not like the condition on contest day, i rather like a more full and less ripped look, as one has it one week out or one week later. The look on stage is extreme, but one has to bear in mind that it's NOT about beauty but about muscles!