Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: My Training Journal - the one I'm going to stick with!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:19 pm 
Rabbit

I joined this forum months ago but told myself that I'd start my journal once I'm 100% vegan but that hasn't happened. Hovering around 90% now. From now on though I'll post what I eat cause I'd hate to post "ice cream" or "oh henry bar" here and think I'll make the switch quicker.

Step one: clean out my fridge and cupboards TONIGHT, leaving only vegan and healthy foods. Doing it now...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:26 pm 
Gorilla

That's definitely a great way to start! :) You can do it!

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:42 pm 
Rabbit

Thanks Courtney!

Step one was a success! Step two I'll do tomorrow...will be fun. Buying everything that is healthy and vegan and stocking up my empty (very empty) cupboards and fridge. I will not talk myself out of buying veggies (cause I will remember to eat them before they go bad). Making my shopping list now...yeah!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:18 pm 
Rabbit

Bought the veggies, tomorrow I'll buy more protein powder. Did pilates today for the first time. Don't know if I did it right because I don't feel I worked anything. Just ate a humongous bag of chocolate covered almonds. Despite that I'm more motivated than ever to do well here. I love the muscle competitions. I spoke to veggieprincess over the phone about the training and diet plan she made for me.

Is it worth posting before pics now? or should I wait til I have cool afters?

My stats: Weight today 134lbs, height 5'5

On May 20-08
Upper arms - 11.75"
Chest - 35"
Abs - 29.5"
Hips - 37"
Thighs - 23"
Calves - 13.75"

So I'm starting tomorrow and in a month will post my measurements again!!!

I don't have a workout partner anymore, HATE going to the gym alone, so not comfortable there. I really really don't want to go. I think going to the gym will be the hardest thing. I LOVE cardio and can manage my diet ok. It's the weight training, I can't get out of my contract and switch gyms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 5:14 am 
Elephant

Andreafrancis wrote:
Bought the veggies, tomorrow I'll buy more protein powder. Did pilates today for the first time. Don't know if I did it right because I don't feel I worked anything. Just ate a humongous bag of chocolate covered almonds. Despite that I'm more motivated than ever to do well here. I love the muscle competitions. I spoke to veggieprincess over the phone about the training and diet plan she made for me.

Is it worth posting before pics now? or should I wait til I have cool afters?

My stats: Weight today 134lbs, height 5'5

On May 20-08
Upper arms - 11.75"
Chest - 35"
Abs - 29.5"
Hips - 37"
Thighs - 23"
Calves - 13.75"

So I'm starting tomorrow and in a month will post my measurements again!!!

I don't have a workout partner anymore, HATE going to the gym alone, so not comfortable there. I really really don't want to go. I think going to the gym will be the hardest thing. I LOVE cardio and can manage my diet ok. It's the weight training, I can't get out of my contract and switch gyms.

Post pics from before. Always post pics, it is a great motivator. Plus I'm bored.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:02 pm 
Elephant

Yay Andrea!!!!! :-)

I can just picture you reluctantly sucking down the Xtend for me as you do your workouts. LOL... it'll all be good, trust me.

Pazios... you always want to see pictures of all the girls. She's cute is all you need to know (neener, neener, neener Pazios... I've seen pictures of her and you haven't) LOL :lol: :lol: Just Playin!!! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 9:28 pm 
Elephant

veggieprincess wrote:
Yay Andrea!!!!! :-)

I can just picture you reluctantly sucking down the Xtend for me as you do your workouts. LOL... it'll all be good, trust me.

Pazios... you always want to see pictures of all the girls. She's cute is all you need to know (neener, neener, neener Pazios... I've seen pictures of her and you haven't) LOL :lol: :lol: Just Playin!!! :)

ah checkmate my dear princess, you have thwarted me. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:25 am 
Rabbit

I'll post pics just for you pazios2002! just body parts though for now....

I have yet to exercise again but because I've been pigging out I feel my skin on my thighs tingling, I swear I can feel myself fattening. Maybe it's the start of stretch marks??...hmm I don't know, not a nice feeling either way. Does this happen to anyone else? In any case that's all the motivation I need to stick to my diet plan. I was 98% vegan yesterday! Made tabbouleh!!! and an incredible guacamole for a going away party we had at the house! Good vegan food makes me totally forget about nonvegan food. My mentality is switching finally and the thought of eggs and dairy grosses me out and disturbs me...(but chocolate covered almonds don't yet...urgh) : (

Post subject: keep it up!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 9:44 am 
Elephant

Great start! Don't look back. You can start again with every bite.

I had no desire for dairy after a few days of the mantra "exceptable levels of blood and puss in dairy do to chronic mastitis in factory farms" (the govt. limits blood and puss levels!) I lost 40 lbs in two months as my bodies inflammation from dairy subsided.

Did you know animals can smell meat eaters? (an important skill in the wild)

This forum can be a great help.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 3:52 pm 
Rabbit

Hi John V! I read your post while sitting at the table eating my broccoli tofu stirfry...I'm SOOOO glad I'm not eating dairy now. That image I will conjure up when those oh so delicious (but pussy bloody)chocolate covered almonds seduce me.

I'm out in the wild some! Will they befriend or will they see me as vulnerable prey (cause I can't eat them)? : )

Thanks for your support!!! John V, Pazios and vp!

Post subject: cocoa
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:53 pm 
Elephant

Cocoa isn't bad food and might be your essential craving. I get my chocolate fix by adding heaping spoons of unsweetened powdered cocoa to smoothies. I like to add raw almond butter, too. I don't need sweetener beyond banana and maybe rice milk or juice, but if you've got a sweet tooth there are a lot of options that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:50 am 
Rabbit

Great idea thank you John V. Will try it tomorrow. Love cocoa! I'll make a cocoa banana smoothie. I make a wicked vegan chocolate cake, the icing is killer, so delish....so I have lots of cocoa.

Workout: Ping Pong, biking a bit, some free weights at a friends house

Diet: 95% VEGAN!! Still have bad vegetarian habits, and do things automatically like eat all 12 chocolate cookies at my friend's place. But the rest of my day was clean. Tomorrow will be better...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:23 pm 
Rabbit

SUCCESS!!

Diet: 100% VEGAN Lots of temptation but resisting was easier today. Yummy spinach onion salad, with lemon and oil. Lentils and veggies with mom's incredible sauce. homemade hummous with veggies and other good stuff. SO that means June 8th 2008 I became vegan again but forever this time cause I'm going to stick with this. (VP I will get into my diet, I just gotta ease into things)

Workout: squash, rock climbing getting active again feels good, I think this will get me pumped for weight training soon! :D

Meeting all you other vegans really has made a HUGE difference. Especially with my confidence in telling people about it. It feels right and normal, I don't feel so weird or extreme or strange this time around. Mom is sooo proud of her daughter and prepares vegan feasts when I visit----so AWESOME.

Post subject: vegan
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 7:45 am 
Elephant

You really can be DONE with meat, eggs and dairy. Enjoy! Nurture it as a precious gift. I'd try to not dissipate the energy by sharing it with too many nonvegan people immediately. Recent converts can be enthusiastic but vulnerable evangelists. May you surpass all your fitness goals, too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 8:40 am 
Gorilla

Great job! you're doing awesome! :)

"If slaughterhouses had glass walls, we'd all be vegetarians."
-Linda McCartney