Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 2:53 pm 
Elephant

Thu 15. May Rest

Fri 16. May Rest

Sat 17. May

- Bench press with a barbell, my wrist is somewhat ok so I don't have to work out with just dumbbells. Warmup @ 52kg then @ 72kg reps 6, 8, 7, 6.
- Incline bench 2 sets ~ 8-10 reps per set @ 52kg
- Bent-over barbell row @ 52kg 4 sets, ~ 15 reps per set.
- Bicep curls with curl bar @ 40kg, 6-8 reps 4 sets
- Lateral raises (all the way up) @ 7kg 4 sets
- Front squat with curl bar @ 40kg and kettlebells a couple of sets.

I cooked fresh cabbage with hazelnuts, seeds, soy cream, lots of oil and good spices and ate a ton of it with full grain pasta. I think I've eaten more than ever. A great feeling! :)

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 2:33 pm 
Elephant

Sun 18. May Rest

Mon 19. May 2 hours breakdance

Tue 20. May

- Bench press with barbell, warmup @ 50 kg then 3 sets 4 reps @ 78,4kg and 2 sets 8 + 7 @ 72,4 kg.
- Deadlifts with various weights. No more than 130kg today.
- Bent-over barbell row @ 50kg a few sets
- Bicep curls with curl bar @ 40 kg a few sets

My appetite isn't as good as it used to be. That's why my weight gaining has been somewhat slow (1 lbs per month for the last 2 months). I don't mind since I have still gained mostly muscle and I have all the time in the world.

I run a vegan food webstore and retail store chain in Finland. Please check http://www.vegetukku.fi for more information (sry, only in Finnish)!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 1:35 am 
Elephant

Wed 21. May Rest

Thu 22. May

- Bench press: first warmup @ 50kg then 5 and 3 reps @ 80.4kg then 5 and 3 reps @ 74.4kg (I trained alone so I couldn't push to the limit).
- Overhead press @ 40kg: 10 reps, 6 reps (?), 10 reps
- Front squats @ 40kg a couple sets, around 10 reps per set. Working on the technique and routine. That's why the low weight.
- Bent-over barbell row @ 58kg ~ 15 reps per set 3 sets

Evening weight 80,5kg (177.5 lbs).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 2:32 pm 
Elephant

Next 3 days: Rest.

Mon 26. May

- Bench press, barbell. Warmup @ 50kg, then 3+2 reps @ 84kg and 6+4 reps @ 76kg
- Incline bench press, dumbbells. 3 x 10 reps @ 20kg.
- Bent-over barbell row @ 62kg 3 x 15 reps
- Some deadlifts @ ~ 110kg
- Bicep curls, sets of 8 @ 40kg

I felt good after resting 3 days. I think I'll have a 3 day pause after the next 6 months too. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2008 4:35 pm 
Mastodon

I hope my shoulder heals up soon or you'll be passing me in bench. :D

good work.

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2008 1:33 pm 
Elephant

Thanks Zack! How long do you think it will take until you can work out with it at full strenght?

You are far ahead me in muscle size and lots of things, I'd be really glad if I would reach your current condition...

Look how pathetic I am at squatting. I was too tired yesterday to squat so today I took some really deep ass-to-the-grass squats:

- 5 x 52kg
- 5 x 64kg
- 5 x 72kg
- 4 x 80kg
- 6 x 64kg

I trained alone so I had to be very careful and that's why the low amount of reps but hey, at least I was deep squatting at 80kg (176lbs) for a couple of times! As long as I make progress I don't mind even if other people lift more than me. I've learned to like squats so I think I'll be a proper squatter some day. It may take years.. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 1:53 pm 
Elephant

Wed 28 May rest

Thu 29 May

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 4+1f @ 84kg, 2+1f @ 84kg, 6+1f @ 76kg, 3+1f @ 76kg
- Bicep curls @ 20kg dumbbell: 3 sets per arm, 7-9 reps per set
- Standing tricep extension @ 20kg dumbbell 3 x 10-11 reps per set
- Bent-over barbell row @ 58 kg, 3 x 15 reps

I was also tested with InBody 720. Some stats:

- Body weight 78,7kg
- Weight without fat 66,9kg
- 15 % body fat
- Perfectly balanced legs (30g muscle mass difference (10,70kg right and 10,73kg left)
- 120g muscle mass diffference between arms (3,78kg right, 3,90kg left)
- 29,4kg muscle in torso
- Very low visceral fat value (which is very good thing!)

All diagnoses were in normal boundaries, some muscle indexes were near "excellent". Finess index: 84 points.

-> I'm healthy as a horse and I'm already well ahead average in muscle mass and I have a decent body fat % :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:33 pm 
Elephant

Next 3 days: I wrote a scientific article about automated dose dispensing in Finland and I didn't have time or energy to train.

Mon 2. June

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 2 x 9 x 74kg. I almost got 10th rep in the first set, it was REALLY close!
- Deep squats, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 2 x 7 x 76kg.
- Bent-over barbell row, curl bar: 2 x 15-17 @ ~ 60kg.
- Bicep curls 3 x 7 x 40kg.

According to the 1 rep max calculator 9 reps @ 74kg should mean a 1 rep @ 95 kg and 10 reps @ 74 = 1 rep @ 99kg. I think I'm making a progress here since my 1 rep best so far is 92kg! :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 5:46 am 
Elephant

In case you noticed I haven't updated my log for a couple of days, here's the reason:

I am attending in summer camps for children in which I teach breakdance (or bboying, if you want to call it properly). I was 4 days in a row in one camp from thursday 5th to sunday 8th and I danced a LOT during that time and taught ~ 150 kids the basics of bboying. I knew it was going to be hard and that's why I took 2 days off from weight training before the camp.

Now I have 1 day to recover and tomorrow I will be attending another summer camp for 4 days. Another 150-200 kids to teach. :)

If you didn't know, teaching bboying is very hard work, especially in the summer camps in which I show a huge variety of different moves in one lesson. And I do the same thing in every lesson. I thought about lifting some weights yesterday after I got home but I was too tired. I have to stay super focused because a friend of mine who is a trained clothing designer made me a couple of very cool vegan shirts which I'm keeping in all the lessons and I want to wear my vegan outfit proudly.

Already in the first camp a couple of kids, a couple of teenager girls who are councellors for the kids as well as some adults asked me a some things about veganism. I just told them that I am stronger than ever, I feel light and agile and I recover better than I did when I was a lacto-ovo vegetarian. Everyone was very friendly (usually at least some people are hostile to vegans if they feel guilty because they eat meat) and the kitchen staff in the camp made me very good vegan food (well, low in protein but I had my supplements with me -> no problem).

I will be back in weight training on weekend. Hopefully I won't lose all my strength because of this almost 2 week period without weight training... :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 1:07 pm 
Elephant

You won't lost actual strength in two weeks, maybe some neuromuscular adaptation, but that is no big deal. You lifts might be slightly low the first workout or two, but will be right back up there. I am sure all that bboying is doing some good for your physique.

The metric system is socialized measurment. If you implement it it will only be a matter of time before your grandma will stand in front of a death panel being forced to deny the existance of baby Jesus.

-offense74

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 7:31 am 
Elephant

I had huge amounts of lessons this week. On thursday I had 7 groups, I danced about 6 hours. In total I had + 20 hours of bboying in 9 days. I'm still a bit sore from all that spinning.

cubby2112, you were right. I didn't lose any of my strength:

Sun 15th Jun

Back in action with loads of motivation! I lost some fat because of huge amount of dancing. However, this is how my workout is going:

- Bench press, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 9 reps @ 76kg (pb, equals ~ 98kg 1 rep max), 6 @ 76kg.
- Incline bench press, barbell: 2 x 9 reps @ 52kg.
- Bent-over barbell rows, curl bar: 3 x 16 @ 60kg.
- Bicep curls, curl bar: 10 + 9 + 7 reps @ 40kg.

Tomorrow I'll punish my lower back and legs.

Post subject: Re: tuc's training and eating topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 1:33 pm 
Elephant

Mon 16th June

- Deep squats, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then ~ 7 @ 64kg, 2 x 5 @ 76kg.
- Deadlifts, barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then some reps @ 92kg, then 5 @ 116, 5 @ 124, 5 @ 128.

That's it for today. I think I'll start working out dl's and squats together apart from the rest of the body since they're so hard that I can't do them after other hard moves such as bench press but I still want to push to the max in other moves.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 2:39 pm 
Elephant

On wednesday I got 2 wisdom teeth removed and I've been through hell after that. My cheek hurt so much that I had to eat almost 10 x 400mg ibuprofein per day and I still almost cried because of the pain. Horrible!

(btw, it cost 19,50 to have the teeth removed, how much it would cost in the U.S.? I got treatment from one dentist and two nurses for an hour!)

Today was the first day I could train after that. Hard workout!

Sun 22nd June

- Deadlifts: Warmup @ 40kg, then 5 @ 92kg, 5 @ 116kg, 5 @ 134,4 and 1 @ 167,4 (PB! And it was EASY! Once again my barbell was so full I couldn't get more stuff in it :lol:)
- Deep squats: 3 x 10 @ 54kg
- Bench press: Warmup @ 54kg then 6, 6, 5 @ 74kg (bad bench press day :x)
- Bent-over barbell rows: 3 x 12-15 @ 60kg
- Bicep curls wit a curl bar: 6, 5, 4 @ 40kg (bad bicep day :x)

I was very tired after the hard deadlifts, that explains the bad results in other moves. A good workout still, I really feel like I did something properly. :)

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:21 pm 
Elephant

Next 3 days: Rest. A lot of pain in my cheek because of the removed wisdom teeth.

Thu 26th June

I got better medication, the pain is almost gone -> workout!

- Bench press with barbell: warmup @ 50kg, then 4 + 5 + 3 reps @ 80kg. Once again I worked out alone so no forced reps this time and no possibility to fail reps or I'll hurt myself.
- Bicep culrs with curl bar: 6 + 5 + 5 reps @ 45kg
- Shoulder presses with dumbbells, 5 + 5 + 5 reps @ 2 x 20kg
- Bent-over barbell row, 15 + 15 + 15 @ 60kg

No legs today, I have to teach b-boying tomorrow to a bunch of taekwondo kids and I want to show them my best.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:28 pm 
Rabbit

Dude, I used to bboy! Haven't done it in a while, but man did I love it.

Weird question. So here in the US, we're doing weights by 5 lbs increments (10 lbs, 15, 20, 25, etc . . ). I see you're doing kilograms -- how does that all work? Do you have increments by 2.5 kgs or what?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 295 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 20  Next