Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 10:17 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:42 pm 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
PARANOID!

It's ladylike to have some junk in the trunk!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 3:16 pm 
Elephant

I guess so. My boyfriend really loves my ass.

So yesterday I ate:

Almond banana Vega smoothie deliciousness for breakfast, coffee with soymilk

Went back to bed after coming home from work, and woke up a few hours later and made pancakes for me and the boyfriend. Gluten free and delicious! Very filling though, I could only have 1 1/2. Had some chocolate almond milk to wash it down and got all sugar hyper

For lunch I munched on fresh fruit. An organic apple, some blueberries, and some other stuff.. I forget. Strawberries or cherries maybe

For dinner, my boyfriend made a stir fry with peppers and tofu, and a nice big salad. It was delish.

For dessert I had fresh fruit and some soy milk. Some raw almonds too and played video games and went to bed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:00 pm 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
I guess so. My boyfriend really loves my ass.

:wohoo:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:06 pm 
Elephant

LOOL

Better he's an ass man than a boob man, because I'm somewhat lacking in that department.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 4:22 pm 
Elephant

Marcina wrote:
LOOL

Better he's an ass man than a boob man, because I'm somewhat lacking in that department.

I'm hoping my next girlfriend will be an ass girl. I like being poked on my cheeks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:50 pm 
Elephant

So today was the worst day ever.

I lost my fucking job today. I just got called up and fired. Just like that. Effective immediately.

I was just told I wasn't "compatible" for that job.. Whatever that means. Obviously there was someone at work who just didn't like me. That's what I'm thinking. I was nice to everyone.. I don't get it. It's weird how that would happen right after that ordeal that happened on the weekend. How the one girl didn't let me sell any memberships.. and asked me to come to work on Sunday just for me to be sent home. Then my hours being cut back.. Did they know?
I don't know what to do now.. My Visa bill is high.. My student loans need to be repaid next month. How the hell am i gonna do all that? Why was I fired? I had a sinking feeling that there were people at work who didn't like me.. I didn't think it would be true..

Last edited by Marcina on Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:10 pm 
Elephant

Sorry about your job :(
Those morons didn't deserve you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:16 pm 
Elephant

Well my heart is full of self-doubt. What's left of it anyways.
It seems everytime I get a job something bad happens. I work really hard and do my best but it's never good enough. My veterinary job was the same. They kept phasing me out of the schedule. Eventually they said they just didn't need me anymore. I wish I was told what I did wrong so that I could work on it..
It sucks because I started making friends at that place.. I really loved working there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:14 pm 
Elephant

I know it sucks when you do your best and no one seems to appreciate it. Sorry about the job, but those people don't deserve you if they're jerks. There's a quote that I really like that goes something like this. The place that you need, needs you. The place that you want, wants you. Kind of interesting, at least I thought so. If you still want the job at the gym, and liked it, I would say fight for it. Go to the higher ups, whether that's a manager, district manager, owner etc, and ask why you were let go. At least this way you might find out what happened.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:56 pm 
Elephant

Actually, the highest person on the corporate ladder was the one that phoned my house and canned me.

Didn't say why, either.

Is that even legal?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:00 am 
Stegosaurus

Marcina wrote:
LOOL

I've only seen your pictures, but I don't see anything unattracive about you. I think you are being too hard on yourself. You are completely cute.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:18 am 
Stegosaurus

Marcina wrote:
So today was the worst day ever.

I lost my fucking job today. I just got called up and fired. Just like that. Effective immediately. Being as paranoid as I am I wonder if somehow someone found me on here and read all the bad stuff I wrote about the schedule being whacked out and shit. I dunno I doubt it. Who'd internet stalk me like that? I was just told I wasn't "compatible" for that job.. Whatever that means. Obviously there was someone at work who just didn't like me. That's what I'm thinking. I was nice to everyone.. I don't get it.

I've been in your position a number of times. I know how stressful it can be and I am sorry you landed there. It will be tough dealing with it, no way around that. It helps to remind yourself that you will eventually get another job and one that you like.

Hard working, smart, socially well adjusted and cooperative people sometimes are not aware of how they are coming off to others. Sometimes it isn't on their end, the people at the other end have their own way of viewing things. Either way I think it is helpful to know why a situation deteriorated.

Getting feedback can be tough. People generally don't like giving what they see as negative feedback. It makes them feel uncomfortable. Companies actually hire contractors to do nothing but fire people. Employers are also wary of legal entanglements and angering ex-employees so they are resistant to say too much.

Still, the feedback could be very valuable information to you. I would go to your old boss and ask why you were let go. The worst thing he could do would be to refuse to have the conversation with you. You have nothing to lose. When you approach him you can make it clear to him that you are only interested in gathering information, you aren't looking to blame anyone and that you would be appreciative for the valuable information.

If that doesn't work you can try the same approach with ex-coworkers who you feel didn't like you. No blame, just information gathering.

You can't lose any money or anything else doing this. It may feel awkward and the things they say may rub you the wrong way, but you will likely never have to be around these people again. Even if their opinions are way wrong, it could be valuable to you to know what they are.

The online thing is a possibility.

I've seen articles about HR recruiters turning down candidates after googling for the myspace/facebook/etc pages and finding something unflattering.

If people want to find out about your life through the internet they can do it. It is just a question of how much time and work they want to sink into it. Most people aren't willing to put in more than a casual amount of work unless they are really pissed off and they have no life. Taking some minimal precautions is often enough.

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:22 am 
Rabbit

Hey Marcina, I've just started getting caught up on your logs. Sorry to hear about your job. I agree with hsorlando and beforewisdom and try to find out why (if you think you'd get a fair answer from them). Tell them you want to improve yourself for your next job. It's so messed up, I think the boss must be hiring like-minded people and a good person like you doesn't fit in anymore. A friend of mine brought in flowers to work and was reprimanded for doing something that might make others feel inadequate. And a group home I was involved with slowly evolved from a fantastic supportive place with great pro-active people to mean, nasty, selfish greedy people once the management changed, the boss hired people like him.

In anycase I'm rambling on another topic, don't know if this is the case for your work. But there is a job out there who would love you and your personality, one where you'll click with your boss and coworkers. Spend a full day job hunting, try temp agencies perhaps, youll get a job in now time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:22 pm 
Manatee

I am sorry to hear about your job. that really stinks. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that this happened to you because there are better opportunities waiting for you.
To answer your question as to wether it is legal. If your state is an "at will state" then they can let you go for any reason. If they don't like your shoes, hair etc... they can fire you and not even tell you why. I think the only things they cannot fire you for are your gender, weight and religious affiliations.
Anyway, things will work out for you. I am sure about it!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 4:44 pm 
Elephant

Hmm
Here's the dilemma. Basically I was fired from the person at head office. I met her once. The person who hired me I also only met once. The manager at the place I worked.. I met twice. She went on maternity leave, and the woman who took her place and did the management stuff also went on maternity leave. It's very complicated and I have no idea who I would talk to to find out why I was fired. What should I do?
I have a sinking feeling it's because my co-workers didn't like me.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next