Marcina's Food Blog

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess so. My boyfriend really loves my ass.

So yesterday I ate:

Almond banana Vega smoothie deliciousness for breakfast, coffee with soymilk

Went back to bed after coming home from work, and woke up a few hours later and made pancakes for me and the boyfriend. Gluten free and delicious! Very filling though, I could only have 1 1/2. Had some chocolate almond milk to wash it down and got all sugar hyper

For lunch I munched on fresh fruit. An organic apple, some blueberries, and some other stuff.. I forget. Strawberries or cherries maybe

For dinner, my boyfriend made a stir fry with peppers and tofu, and a nice big salad. It was delish.

For dessert I had fresh fruit and some soy milk. Some raw almonds too and played video games and went to bed.

So today was the worst day ever.

I lost my fucking job today. I just got called up and fired. Just like that. Effective immediately.

I was just told I wasn't "compatible" for that job.. Whatever that means. Obviously there was someone at work who just didn't like me. That's what I'm thinking. I was nice to everyone.. I don't get it. It's weird how that would happen right after that ordeal that happened on the weekend. How the one girl didn't let me sell any memberships.. and asked me to come to work on Sunday just for me to be sent home. Then my hours being cut back.. Did they know?

I don't know what to do now.. My Visa bill is high.. My student loans need to be repaid next month. How the hell am i gonna do all that? Why was I fired? I had a sinking feeling that there were people at work who didn't like me.. I didn't think it would be true..

Edited by Marcina

Well my heart is full of self-doubt. What's left of it anyways.

It seems everytime I get a job something bad happens. I work really hard and do my best but it's never good enough. My veterinary job was the same. They kept phasing me out of the schedule. Eventually they said they just didn't need me anymore. I wish I was told what I did wrong so that I could work on it..

It sucks because I started making friends at that place.. I really loved working there.

I know it sucks when you do your best and no one seems to appreciate it. Sorry about the job, but those people don't deserve you if they're jerks. There's a quote that I really like that goes something like this. The place that you need, needs you. The place that you want, wants you. Kind of interesting, at least I thought so. If you still want the job at the gym, and liked it, I would say fight for it. Go to the higher ups, whether that's a manager, district manager, owner etc, and ask why you were let go. At least this way you might find out what happened.

So today was the worst day ever.

I lost my fucking job today. I just got called up and fired. Just like that. Effective immediately. Being as paranoid as I am I wonder if somehow someone found me on here and read all the bad stuff I wrote about the schedule being whacked out and shit. I dunno I doubt it. Who'd internet stalk me like that? I was just told I wasn't "compatible" for that job.. Whatever that means. Obviously there was someone at work who just didn't like me. That's what I'm thinking. I was nice to everyone.. I don't get it.

I've been in your position a number of times. I know how stressful it can be and I am sorry you landed there. It will be tough dealing with it, no way around that. It helps to remind yourself that you will eventually get another job and one that you like.

Hard working, smart, socially well adjusted and cooperative people sometimes are not aware of how they are coming off to others. Sometimes it isn't on their end, the people at the other end have their own way of viewing things. Either way I think it is helpful to know why a situation deteriorated.

Getting feedback can be tough. People generally don't like giving what they see as negative feedback. It makes them feel uncomfortable. Companies actually hire contractors to do nothing but fire people. Employers are also wary of legal entanglements and angering ex-employees so they are resistant to say too much.

Still, the feedback could be very valuable information to you. I would go to your old boss and ask why you were let go. The worst thing he could do would be to refuse to have the conversation with you. You have nothing to lose. When you approach him you can make it clear to him that you are only interested in gathering information, you aren't looking to blame anyone and that you would be appreciative for the valuable information.

If that doesn't work you can try the same approach with ex-coworkers who you feel didn't like you. No blame, just information gathering.

You can't lose any money or anything else doing this. It may feel awkward and the things they say may rub you the wrong way, but you will likely never have to be around these people again. Even if their opinions are way wrong, it could be valuable to you to know what they are.

The online thing is a possibility.

I've seen articles about HR recruiters turning down candidates after googling for the myspace/facebook/etc pages and finding something unflattering.

If people want to find out about your life through the internet they can do it. It is just a question of how much time and work they want to sink into it. Most people aren't willing to put in more than a casual amount of work unless they are really pissed off and they have no life. Taking some minimal precautions is often enough.

Hey Marcina, I've just started getting caught up on your logs. Sorry to hear about your job. I agree with hsorlando and beforewisdom and try to find out why (if you think you'd get a fair answer from them). Tell them you want to improve yourself for your next job. It's so messed up, I think the boss must be hiring like-minded people and a good person like you doesn't fit in anymore. A friend of mine brought in flowers to work and was reprimanded for doing something that might make others feel inadequate. And a group home I was involved with slowly evolved from a fantastic supportive place with great pro-active people to mean, nasty, selfish greedy people once the management changed, the boss hired people like him.

In anycase I'm rambling on another topic, don't know if this is the case for your work. But there is a job out there who would love you and your personality, one where you'll click with your boss and coworkers. Spend a full day job hunting, try temp agencies perhaps, youll get a job in now time

I am sorry to hear about your job. that really stinks. I do believe that everything happens for a reason and that this happened to you because there are better opportunities waiting for you.

To answer your question as to wether it is legal. If your state is an "at will state" then they can let you go for any reason. If they don't like your shoes, hair etc... they can fire you and not even tell you why. I think the only things they cannot fire you for are your gender, weight and religious affiliations.

Anyway, things will work out for you. I am sure about it!!!

Hmm

Here's the dilemma. Basically I was fired from the person at head office. I met her once. The person who hired me I also only met once. The manager at the place I worked.. I met twice. She went on maternity leave, and the woman who took her place and did the management stuff also went on maternity leave. It's very complicated and I have no idea who I would talk to to find out why I was fired. What should I do?

I have a sinking feeling it's because my co-workers didn't like me.

Hmm

Here's the dilemma. Basically I was fired from the person at head office. I met her once. .

In that case she was probably making a business decision or she was responding to complaints from other employees, so she has less reason to feel personally awkward about being honest with you. The only reason she would have for not being frank would be fear of disgruntling you enough to come back with a lawyer. If you can communicate to her that you only want to use the information to improve yourself she shouldn't mind telling you what the deal was.

Give her a call and ask for an appointment. The worst that will happen is that she will say no or blow you off. Cost to you: zero

She doesn't answer her phone. She left her number and asked me to call her back and I did about 5-6 times and it always went straight to voice mail.

To be honest, I'm making excuses because that woman scares me. I'm even afraid to phone the club because I feel like they all hate me there and just pretended to like me this whole time. Geez, it's like high school all over again.

Yesterday's progress: Instead of moping around and being depressed all day I decided to work out. My eating has slipped. Barely an appetite so all I ate yesterday was:

Breakfast: Almond and banana smoothie

Workout: Abs, biceps and back. Did some ball rollouts. MAN! Every muscle in my core is hurtin today. Good workout. My traps are sore, and my upper back as well. I was doing ball rollouts to target the lats but I couldn't balance myself well enough to do it. You have to be in plank position, but kneeling. It's hard to explain.. Anyways I couldn't do it, so I just positioned myself more upright. I guess this targets the abs more rather than the back. Biceps don't hurt, they never do. Need heavier weights but all I have at home is 2 fifteen pounders.

After workout: Raw hemp berry smoothie. I mixed in fresh berries we bought on the weekend and it was delish

Dinner: The boyfriend felt like sushi so we went out. I had veggie sunomono, a mushroom roll, a kappa roll, and a yam tempura roll. I didn't finish. I took the rest home and then ate it later.

That's all I ate yesterday. I spent the evening on the couch. Since I'm not working right now and staying active all day long I'm afraid of gaining weight. I worked really hard the past month and a half to lose the 8 pounds I lost and I don't want it back.

Want to go running today since it's nice out but have sooo many chores to do around the house. My body aches from yesterday's workout too. Maybe I'll buy a pass at my boyfriend's gym and we can go together.

Sorry about the job! You are too good for them! I would say forget it and move forward! Start doing positive affirmations such as "I now accept a wonderful new job" out loud, and personal affirmations such as "I approve of myself". These are actually amazingly important. You need to be in a positive frame of mind to find an awesome new job and you deserve something with great pay and as many hours as you want. Honestly it didn't sound like an ideal job anyway, you have said the pay was low and the scheduling changes at the last minute were also less than ideal. You can do much better. See this as an opportunity. Think about your ultimate job, what you would ultimately LOVE to do, and start putting it in place.

The person that hired you went on maternity leave I think you said. Anyway she obviously liked you enough to hire you. I wonder if it would be possible for you to get in touch with her, and maybe when she is back she could look into why you were let go. Just a thought.

So I'm thinking I know what happened with the whole job thing.

I googled myself and this site was the first that came up. I think that somebody googled my name (someone at corp, or an employee) and read all the shit I wrote about work last week. Even though I didn't name anybody or mention the name of the company, they probably still figured out I was talking about them.

It's kinda creepy ya know.. But it's the only solution I can come up with. If they read that it probably made them think I hated working there. I didn't, but I didn't like how the company was run. Anyways if my next employer decides to google me and reads all my posts on this website, they could think I'm some crazy chick that talks bad about my job all over the internet. I thought I was just venting in a private blog, but it turns out any Tom Dick or Harry can read it.

I was wondering if there was a way to delete this whole blog? I feel so exposed now knowing that I stupidly wrote all this stuff thinking nobody would read it, when in fact, they can. All they have to do is google my name. Then in the future, I'll have to be careful about what I write.

Marcina;

You may be right, but my gut feeling is that most people have better things to do then google employees who have long since been hired.

I would work at making someone with the information feel safe in telling you what the deal was.

Regardless, I think it is an excellent idea to protect your identity online. HR people these days *do* google on applicants and make decisions based on what they find.

I was on a vegan web board last year that I decided to stop using, but they did a few things I liked. One of them was that they included tags in each HTML page of the forum that made the forum posts unsearchable by google. Most of the board could not be read unless you were signed in. 98% of what was written on that board stayed on that board instead of getting broadcast to the world via google.

I wish more web forums would do that.

Barring that good precautions are:

- Use a fake name for posting on the web and use a different fake name ( "alias") for each board or blog you use.

- Avoid posting personal/contact details beyond saying what city you live in

- Avoid posting pictures

- Treat everything you write as it was going to be in a letter to your local newspaper. With google anything you say on a web board or a blog gets broadcasted to the universe.

but it's too late for that now! I have pics, and all sorts of stuff on here! My pic is on the front page of the website even O.o

I talked to my bf about it and he thinks that they wouldn't have gone so far as to Google me.. But you never know. Most people wouldn't, but I'm starting to think these chicks I worked for were really strange to put me through all that training and just fire me a week later.

But yeah, it makes no sense for them to google me a month and a half after being hired.

unless they were stalking me the whole time...

You know Dale Gribble on that show King of the Hill who's all paranoid about stuff?

That's me right now

You guys can now refer to me as Rusty.. Shackleford...