Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:01 am 
Elephant

Emmybear wrote:
You can see part of his salad in the background ...he eats vegetables but his idea of fruit is a mixed fruit cup by dole....He is a lacto ovo vegetarian.He drinks soymilk though. It's a start when we met he was an omni.

He's making a good choice and a great thing for his life and others. It's great that you inspired him this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 9:24 pm 
Manatee

Workout...spinning...I did not push myself at all today..I woke up late and my breakfast made me nauseous during cardio...I walked all around work today which probabaly burns alot of calories but does not do much for my muscle tone
what I ate...Breakfast...same as usual
snack I ate a granola bar and one of these 0 calorie sparkling beverages
Lunch ah vegan sushi with my favorite healthy fat avocado...this was wonderful...I ate half the fruit salad at lunch and the other half a few hours later
Dinner...I was too lazy to cook so I made a vegan wrap with smart deli slices and one slice of vegan cheese and of course cherries!!! ( I spent 15 minutes picking out the perfect bag of cherries at publix)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 1:34 am 
Manatee

No real workout today...again a day of painting...I did try out the tennis court at my new place...that was fun...turns out I suck at tennis...but it was fun

what I ate.....I lost my breakfast picture but it was the same adain
banana
english muffin
peanut butter
soymilk...yummy
I am soo lazy do not want to cook after painting so I made another vegan wrap..but I made a strawberry salad which was amazing!
Cherries!!!
I ate this some point during the day
Dinner...subway which is vegan apparently Thanks michealhobson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:32 pm 
Manatee

I will give this another try :)

Last edited by Emmybear on Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:43 pm 
Manatee

omg...I have been terrible with recording my food and exercise...:(...I have been busy and stressed arrg...anyway here goes a shot at the blog again...
Monday... I did hard bodies and spinning.... oh boy..we did lots of shoulders and biceps and Romanian deadliflts for the legs...then we did alot of balance exercises on the ball which I failed at...completely..I rolled off that thing soo many times...need to work o the balance...My spin teacher got re certified so spin was totally different this time...it rocked...tuesday was spin...endurance.. it was great I sweated alot. Today I woke up late and missed my am exercise class than never ended up going...oops. Tomorrow is another day...
here is what I ate today... I honestly don't remember what I ate mon and Tuesday...I have pictures..but they are out of order so below in 6-4 -08

same breakfast
good snack
lunch veggie deli slices vegan cheese( I like galaxy ) low fat wrap cherries and strawberries
this was a big apple
vegan pizza!!! yummy strawberry salad...I have fallen in love with it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:43 am 
Site Admin

Nice! I love photos!

P.S. It is very cool having you here on our community :) Glad to hang out with you in Orlando.

Have a great weekend!

Check out my Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness Book on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Vegan-Bodybuildin ... 497&sr=1-1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:20 am 
Elephant

I second what Robert said. Photos rock and so do you. Very glad you joined and immediately became an active member.

Yea core and balance work can be challenging; don't worry, you'll get it!

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:50 pm 
Manatee

Workout: Spinning abs and flexibility ( 2 hours)

breakfast :)
leftover pizza!
vegan wrap I always make
fresh peach..yum...and tofutti pop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 8:58 pm 
Manatee

ugh....fell of the wagon again...weekends are busy for me my boyfriend is home and we are renovating our new condo....

Workouts
Friday: none :(
+
saturday: 55 min spin 40 minutes abs and weights... I did two sets of fifteen squats with shoulder presses then biceps both with 20 pulses. I did 2 sets of 25 chest presses and flys and overhead tricep dips on a ball. I did about 40 pushups on the ball and something I don't know what they are called ...you put your leg on the ball kick in and out....inverted jackknife...whatever... then some regular , oblique and on the ball crunchess totaled 100 :)
yes awesomne workout..

Sunday..none... I went to a party Saturday and got home at 3 am...oops... the cops broke the party up and I was running in 4 in stilettos to my car ...LOL...it sounds bad but it really wasn't...I never go to parties and my boyfriend was miffed... I did not even drink...WTF

what I ate... I think in order...:)
friday
this is stir fry veggies noodles and tofu..my boyfriend made it for me :)

saturday
breakfast: english muffin banana peanut butter
lunch after workout..boca chicken patty..."cheeze" and mustard...grapes veggies
I also had a granola bar...nature valley
dinner I did not get to take a pic of...I left my phone at home
I went to MOES...I had the fajita with tofu...it was amazing!!!

Sunday
I did not eat a formal dinner... dinner was a binge consisting of a couple scoops of soy ice cream and some random fruit

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:13 am 
Manatee

MY computer broke :(....I have to use brians computer and he said no uploading...boo hiss....
I did hardbodies yesterday...all arms...zip ups chest presses shoulder flyes and pushups and tricep dips for 45 min. cardio was 4 laps around the gym and 6 suicides plus 30 min on the ellipticals and 10 on the treadmill....my shins started to hurt so I stopped.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 4:17 pm 
Manatee

I woke up late again...I have been beat lately :(......anyway I did spin and sculpt today 45 minutes of spin then 30 minutes using bands to sculpt. I really don't like the bands but I have heard that your muscles cannot tell the difference....Is that true??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:20 pm 
Elephant

I think it must be the weather, because I've also been beat too. The bands don't like me, but I suffer through using them. I think they're good because the resistance is a bit different than using weights.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:19 pm 
Manatee

My computer is still broken.:(....my workout today was great..we started with 12 min of cardio..running laps then doing various cardio drills around the gym..nonstop I was sweating profusely after only 12 min....Legs today lots of squats 4 sets of regular and jump...then one leg up on the step 4 sets with pulses then jumping up and over the step..strapped on the ankle weights for leg lifts followed by resistance band work with the inner thighs....4 minutes of leg lifts (arrg) all it took was one hour...I have never been so sweaty...the cursing guy gym instructor taught the class......when we first got in he said we are gonna do alot of ass work today...oh boy...oh well he is a really good teacher.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 9:12 pm 
Manatee

workout: Hardbodies...chest shoulders triceps...we began with a series of pushups. Regular..holding a pilates ball and on the step. We also did diamond pushups, leg on the ball pushups and tricep pushups on the ball. we did shoulder presses and flys chest presses, some standing some on the ball. Then I did spin 40 minutes at maximum resistance ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 8:00 pm 
Manatee

workout: spin

breakfast : 1 cup light vanilla soymilk
1/2 banana 1/2 tblsp pnut butter
1 scoop soy protien powder
ice
snack: 1 nature valley granola bar
lunch: amys frozen meals tofu and brown rice
snack: soy crisps
dinner: subway veggie delite footlong
rasberries 1 cup

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 73 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next