Oprah In Danger of Falling Off The Vegan Wagon

michaelhobson

Yeah, she is trying to give up meat, dairy, eggs, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, bread, etc. all at once.

Including all of those things in one single effort is a failure waiting to happen. Slipping up in one area just offers an excuse to throw in the towel and be done with the whole thing, especially with Oprah's history of not sticking with ANYTHING!

Yeah, she is trying to give up meat, dairy, eggs, sugar, alcohol, caffeine, bread, etc. all at once.

Including all of those things in one single effort is a failure waiting to happen. Slipping up in one area just offers an excuse to throw in the towel and be done with the whole thing, especially with Oprah's history of not sticking with ANYTHING!

Veganmadre should hook her up with some cupcakes. They are definately evil enough even to beat scientology.

Yeah, that's too much. I gave up dairy gradually, but after that I gave up the rest of the animal products overnight. The detox symptoms of changing your diet that quickly are unpleasant too. The first month of veganism was a horrible gassy, farty experience for me. Maybe Oprah got that too and that's why her chef left! Lol

that article is a bit out of wack. It is assuming she is making a switch for life instead of a trial at a cleanse in which she wont go back to another diet. I am happy Oprah did this because it shows the common pitfalls as well as the positive aspects of a vegan centric diet. What she is doing is not typical for most people making a food transition. Her latest blog sounds hopeful as far as eating in a compassionate fashion.

When I first gave up dairy I kept falling off the wagon. I went to my family's for Christmas and everything had cheese or some sort of dairy product. I was a very bloated unhappy person.

Now that I've been completely off dairy for so long, I get really sick from it. One time I got some chai and the place used a powder mix. Most places use a syrup, and the powder had casein in it. I didn't know this until I drank it and felt so ill I thought I was gonna puke.. I went to the coffee place and the canisters were on the counter and I read that it contained casein in it! Eww.

So that's what caused my tummy ache

It sucks though cuz I asked the barista if the chai contained any dairy and she said "no".

Honestly, people who work in places like that should learn what is in the stuff they sell. Some people have allergies. Luckily I only get stomach pains from dairy products. Some people go into anaphylactic shock.

• 2 weeks later...

Who wouldn't think she'd give up or mess up on it? It seems like she fails on a lot of stuff. I personally don't care much about what famous people on TV do/say anymore, because usually it's just to promote some product, or to prove what works and what doesn't (usually from a double-blind study). And plus, the elite (ie. higher-ups, goverment, etc.) own the TV stations and can make people say whatever they want them to say on TV. I don't have a TV anymore, and am loving it. I now have freedom to choose what I want to watch by finding videos online to watch when I want (which is a bit rare, about once or twice a month).

It sucks though cuz I asked the barista if the chai contained any dairy and she said "no".

Honestly, people who work in places like that should learn what is in the stuff they sell. Some people have allergies. Luckily I only get stomach pains from dairy products. Some people go into anaphylactic shock.

Yeah, I hate that people can easily get jobs these days without knowing diddly-squat! My husband and I had been living a Kosher lifestyle since we met (him for even longer), and since we couldn't eat unclean foods like pork and other pig products, we would often times ask what was in products. Many times, we get a "ummm, ummm, I'm not quite sure" or a "ummm, let me go check with my boss and I'll be right back"...and most all times when they'd check with the boss, the boss didn't even know! It's sad and pathetic! What, are our jobs all being taken up by stupid idiots who are not educated to know all about what they sell? That's just sad!

Yeah I think it's especially important in the food industry where people have all sorts of allergies!

Yesterday I went to a restaurant and some meat chunks got into my meal. I didn't eat any, but I was quite appalled since I visit the restaurant often and the waitress (well our favorite one anyway) knows I'm veg. The poor thing felt so bad, but I told her it wasn't her fault. I mean, she didn't make the food. She didn't even bring it out to me! What happened is that the cook was picking up handfuls of meat chunks and putting them into a bowl of soup that was next to my meal being prepared. It was cross-contamination. I'm glad it was me and not someone who was allergic to something.. What if someone did that with peanuts and it got into someone's meal who was allergic? Yikes..

Yeah I think it's especially important in the food industry where people have all sorts of allergies!

Yesterday I went to a restaurant and some meat chunks got into my meal. I didn't eat any, but I was quite appalled since I visit the restaurant often and the waitress (well our favorite one anyway) knows I'm veg. The poor thing felt so bad, but I told her it wasn't her fault. I mean, she didn't make the food. She didn't even bring it out to me! What happened is that the cook was picking up handfuls of meat chunks and putting them into a bowl of soup that was next to my meal being prepared. It was cross-contamination. I'm glad it was me and not someone who was allergic to something.. What if someone did that with peanuts and it got into someone's meal who was allergic? Yikes..

Wow. Yeah, I mean, most people seem to only care about money these days, though. You notice how many people who work at their job seem so rude and arrogant, or in a rush so they can get home early? Most people are working just for the money, rather than caring about their job. I don't see many people who actually love their jobs these days. What a terrible, terrible world we live in.