Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:48 am 
Elephant

Yeah I know what you mean, Lean& Green, and I soon gonna experience this craving desire to bite in a fresh fruit and devour it with all the juicy water dripping from the mouth, cuz as I wrote on your juice-feast blog, I'll do the samething starting monday.
But, is it allowed to do smoothies too, so we can chew a little bit ?

So as I said on Lean & Green blog:

I already have lots of stuff in the freezer: kale, spinach, parsley, mint. Frozen bananas, cranberries, strawberries, I got a pineapple, and I'll buy some more citrus, berries, apples, grapefruits...

Of course most of the juice ingredients will be raw, but I still got some of the (carcinogen) soy protein isolate, that won't be raw, and I still got some soy milk and almond milk which aren't raw. Those protein shakes will raise the insulin level but I'll drink those post-workout.
Other than that, other things will be raw : grinded flax seeds, hemp protein powder and hemp seeds.
I'll infuse some green tea under the sun and some other herbal teas, adding some juices in it like citrus or watermelon or grapefruit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 12:53 am 
Elephant

You look great on your avatars:

Lean&Green you look like The Undertaker,
and Zack, like a young Terminator, but with a smile !

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 4:16 am 
Mastodon

I'm Your Man wrote:
Zack, like a young Terminator, but with a smile !

:P

335 Squat

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 6:57 am 
Elephant

The undertaker? Awesome doood! I dunno how you made that correlation but i'll take it. I used to lov3 watching him walk out to the music and all back in the day with his casket routine and everything 8)

As far as Zack goes, I think you've made a very good comparison there, that I can see!!!! :D

I'm very excited for you and i'll be checking up to see what's going on I'm Your Man. Keep us posted.......

I really want to cut up the mini organic watermelon that i have now, perhaps i will or I may save it for tomorrow, not sure yet.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 5:44 pm 
Elephant

Lean&Green, I made the correlation with The Undertaker espescially because your face is a bit in the dark and with long hair!

I've decided I'll do a 1 month cleansing instead of only 2 weeks.

I'll do a 14 days juice fast, followed by :

1 day of whole greens
Then 1 day of whole fruits
Again, 1 day of greens. (and juices during those 3 days if I want some)

Then I'll do another 2 weeks of juice fast.

Of course most of what I'll drink will be organic and raw, very important, and I'll filter the tap water or use sometimes spring water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:03 pm 
Elephant

I remember watching wrestling with my brothers, and I was always scared by the Undertaker. Actually it was his assistant Pallbearer I think that scared me ha ha. My older brother still follows WWE, and has met a lot of the wrestlers in person including the Undertaker. I think he has something signed by him. I guess I can sort of see the resemblance with L&G, at least a tiny bit of a resemblance lol.
Oh, and by the way good luck on your one month cleansing I'm Your Man! Seems like Lean and Green is going to have us all doing some sort of juicing feast, or fast if we keep reading his awesome progress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:15 pm 
Elephant

So tomorrow I'm starting my 1 month juice fasting!
Because of that, my mind kind of freaked out like everytime right before and after I deprive myself from some particular foods... so I entered in a sort of food frenzy; during the last 2 or 3 days, I ate many cookies, chips, chocolate... :twisted: many many calories, but I don't seem to have gained weight, at least not too much. But all this crappy foods will make my cleansing very useful...
I know it seems stupid to detox only to retox after... but it's still better than no detox at all, leaving only intoxication, right? Besides, it's not like if I do a small detox of 1 or 2 days. I'll be cleaning my body pretty much all summer long, with a 1 month juice fast, low calorie, then eating only raw foods, salads, greens and fruits. Of course, in a ideal world, I would do this all year long, but nothing is perfect.

This week I had:

Fruits: banana-strawberry smoothie, grapes, golden apples, all kinds of berries, pineapple, other fruits I forgot.

Salads, sandwich with homemade raw vegepate (turnip, carrots, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, mustard...) with spinach.

cooked: wonton soup, thai curry spicy soup, TVP with green peas, stuffed vine leaves...

Junk food: dark chocolate w/ mint, I ate tons of oat cookies dipped in a glass of almond vanilla milk, like a small kid... Fudgee-O, salt & vinegar chips, bbq peanuts, croissants...

Last edited by I'm Your Man on Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
French accents !

Post subject: Re: Food Log
PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:54 am 
Elephant

I'm on my day 3 of juice fast/feast ! I like it so far. I was feeling alright during day 1 except at the end of the day feeling tired and went to sleep early. Day 2, feeling weaker all day long. Nothing surprising, I noticed only after that my calorie intake was way too low... between 600-800 cals... I made a drastic switch from over 4 000 cals to 600 cals (during week-end before starting the juice fast, I was eating chips, cookies, chocolate non-stop).
For instance, yesterday I made 1 liter of juice for the afternoon, but then noticed the only caloric ingredient in it was 1 apple.
So I'll go buy some items that contain more calories, otherwise I'll lose like 7lbs the first week and will always feel to tired to workout.
But I noticed, like Lean & Green, I sleep better, need less hours of sleep, and feel good when I wake up, more positive energy. Even after only 2 or 3 days! That's because what I was eating in the last days before juice fast was only junk.

Here's the juices I've been drinking so far. There was some smoothies instead of juices, and some ingredients that are not very for cleansing, like the soy milks and soy protein isolate powder, but now I used all the soy milks, and hemp protein will replace most of soy proteins. I made some photos for fun, my artistic side.

Monday
-chlorophyll in water
-banana-strawberry, soy protein smoothie w/ organic vanilla soy milk
-banana-strawberry, soy protein smoothie, w/almond milk vanilla flavour
-strawberry, Nutiva Organic "berry pomegranate" Açai+Goji HempShake, organic hemp protein, almond-vanilla milk
-blueberry-banana organic smoothie

Tuesday
-chlorophyll
-banana-strawberry soy protein organic smoothie
-pineapple-cranberry juice
-"Amazon Acai" brazil nut+maca Nutiva Organic HempShake, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia, organic isohemp
-apple, citrus, aloe vera, spinach, lettuce, ginger juice, 1 liter

During the next days, there'll be less processed stuff like soy iso, more whole foods like avocado, coconut, flax and hemp seeds...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 18, 2008 10:56 pm 
Elephant

Glad to see you are keeping true to you word and desire to feast. Dude, I need sleep bad so I can't say or assess much but a quick word DRINK. Add more to your smoothies, longer and slower is better than faster and shocking. It will come off, you will get cleansed. Take your time, you need to transition into these sorts of things and don't be afraid to get in a little more than you think you may need so that you have adequate fuel to train; you can always adjust.

Your smoothie pics are beautiful; wish you were takin the ones for my blog page.

I'll post again when I reread your last couple of posts if need be to explain more.

Joelk wrote:
But as long as people stay away from our cooler bags with our meals and not ask silly questions, we're all pretty tame

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 9:29 pm 
Elephant

Thank you for the visit Lean & Green.
Today my 4th day of this liquid diet mark a major change: I am full of energy!
Maybe because of more calories than previous days -- but not so much calories I think (?), I guess the green tea in the morning excited my neurons, but also all those vitamins and folic acid and beta-caroten.

I LOVE fruit juices, but I can't say the samething about green smoothies... I mean when they're green (the carrots, beets juices are delicious) with dark leaves like kale and spinach, and with flax seeds, and even if I add citrus, apple, ginger, etc it was disgusting! ... I know I still have to experiment - I only tried one - and if I follow some recipes it might help too ; ) I'm new to this and I still have almost one month so plenty of time to make some GOOD green juices. Also I must be drinking about 5 liters a day of liquid, I don't know exactly, but I piss all day.

Strict liquid diet for 1 month -- ending 16th of July ... I won't need to do the 3 days of solid foods after 2 weeks (and then I'll be EATING 100% raw for the rest of July, at least - that will be good : ) ... perhaps on 1st of August I'll bite into many huge spicy veggiedogs and French fries with ketchup, just to intoxicate myself again

Day 3
-green tea
-fruit juice: pink grapefruit, strawberry, pineapple. 3 cups
-sweet hemp-coconut-banana juice (with stevia, hemp seeds and hemp protein) -- Delicious!
-green juice: apple, citrus, aloe vera, chlorophyll, spinach, lettuce, ginger, flax seeds, lettuce, jalapeno, seeds: sesame, sunflower, flax. 1 liter . That was disgusting - I'm writing this just to remember not to do this again.
-hemp protein, apple, banana, peach, stevia, sesame seeds -- not bad
-apple, banana, peach smoothie
-cold soup: 1 carrot, liquid aminos, veg. broth, sea salt, chili -- excellent!

Day 4

-green tea
-Pineapple, alfalfa sprouts, soaked peanuts made into butter
-the rest of the juice above, I added: 1 grapefruit, 1 banana, stevia -- tasted better
-again, the rest of above, but added 1 peach, 1 banana, coconut, hemp seeds, hemp iso
-strawberry juice, Mmmm
-raw soup: carrot, beet, spinach, lettuce, jalapeno, ginger, lime, alfalfa and clover sprouts, seeds: sesame, sunflower, flax. Liquid aminos, mix of Mexican spices, sea salt, - that was delicous, I'm already addicted

I found out I prefer vegetable juices in the form of raw soups... it's basically the samething but in a bowl and a spoon, and maybe some differencies in the choices of spices and herbs.
So with the soups, smoothies, some hot green tea (but most of time raw - sun infused) it's no more a juice fast but just a liquid diet. Still most of foods are raw. It will constantly evoluate and change. Now it's raining all week, I guess I felt for some hot tea. But during hotter days I guess sometimes I'll be drinking iced tea and fruit juices all day.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 19, 2008 11:32 pm 
Elephant

okay, i'm liking the way this is going for you now much better. I actually see calories being consumed! I like the game plan too.

Dude, I can tolerate just about anything but just by reading the ingredients of theat 'never to make again' green smoothies made me tinge. Did not sound appealing whatsoever.

Avocado for a smooth texture and taste, lemon for flavor, mint for smell, green apples for balance. You can't go wrong when you add some of these! At the very least the avocado and the lemon, imo. Give it a shot, like you said, you have plenty of time to play around with it. Food should be appealing, ya know?

I happen to love me green smoothies but like you, nothing beats a nice healthy dose of sweet fruits! :wink: But if I do too much fruit, I can't explain it, I just don't feel right, the green smoothies just does something for me to balance me out. I couldn't do fruitarianism, I need my greens, they make me feel good. Unless fruitarians consume greens also?

I completely hear ya about the pissing thing. I must have been carrying some serious extra water weight or something I dunno or maybe i'm just more used to it now. All I know is week 1 was basically spent in the bathroom. It would've made complete sense just to keep the blender in the bathroom and make juice blends there because had to pee every 1 1/2 minutes. It is much better now. For some reason or another, I do not piss uncontrollably anymore. I think i'm consuming less now also, though; plus i'm more used to frequent urinations, suppose....

Like that you're doing the raw thing for a bit, I know you're into it. Enjoy my friend.....

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 8:42 am 
Rabbit

Hey there, just wondering if either you or Lean & Green can give me an idea of what you spend in a week while juice feasting.
Thanks a bunch!

http://www.myspace.com/sophierhymes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 9:01 am 
Elephant

you know Sohpierhymes, it's tough to say and i'm sure it would be alot less for you consideriong, i'm sure you wouldn't be taking in as much as I would. Ever since Dani asked that question, I have been listing my shopping bill price tags so you can get an idea as well as the cost of certain things, like a box of bananas for 27 bucks. It also makes a difference if you are buying organic or not. I'm Your Man is buying conventional and i'm buying organic, significant difference in prices. Plus I get my algaes at a MAJOR discount b/c I buy in bulk and I have dealt with the company as a reseller for the past 4 years. Like a box of bananas last 2 1/2 weeks for me so it's tough to assess along with some other things and some last less than a week, like greens. Also, blends come out to be cheaper b/c you use alot less greens, Juices come out to be more expensive b/c you need alot more to extract juice. I have been buying twice as much greens lately as I have been juicing more than blending recently in the veggie department.

Joelk wrote:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:42 pm 
Rabbit

Lean and Green wrote:
Like a box of bananas last 2 1/2 weeks for me so it's tough to assess along with some other things and some last less than a week, like greens. Also, blends come out to be cheaper b/c you use alot less greens, Juices come out to be more expensive b/c you need alot more to extract juice. I have been buying twice as much greens lately as I have been juicing more than blending recently in the veggie department.

How do you keep bananas for two weeks? Do you freeze them?

So I'm Your Man's diet looks to be more of blends and not strictly juices, which is probably the way I would go if I ever get the courage up! Are you focused on strictly juicing or do you blend as well?

http://www.myspace.com/sophierhymes

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2008 1:50 pm 
Elephant

I do mostly blends as well except i only use fruits and vegetables and nothing else, no oils nuts powders or anything like that. With the exception, i do take in algae and i take alot of it in. But I consider that a vegetable. But I have been doing alot more vegetable juicing the last week or so and will probably continue on that path.

I buy a box of green bananas so they last and i keep them in the fridge so they ripen slowly only taking out the ones i want to ripen quicker out first and put them in a dark place. I usually ask them to let me swap some green ones out for some ripe ones sold loose so that i can have some right away to consume.

Joelk wrote:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 99 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next