Food Log w/ pics

May 19th- May 25th

This week I had:

Raw: green salads, like lettuce with avocado. Tomatoes, sprouts (alfalfa, clover, etc),. Carrot salad with anice or raisins. Beet salad with horseraddish.

Fruits: bananas, apples, pears, berries, nectarines, grapes.

Tried some recipes: butternut squash soup, but changed the coconut milk for soy milk. I also adapted to raw a recipe like this one. Both with butternut squash, both were spicy and tasty.

Cooked: buckwheat, millet, tofu with Bragg's Liquid Aminos, turnip, quinoa, onions, vegetable broth soup, oatmeal with dried cherries or raisins, almond vanilla flavoured milk, nature's path morning cereals, bbq peanuts.

I still have some protein powder (hemp and soy) but not really using any. I just do fruit smoothies or green smoothies with no protein supplement, or just some soy milk powder or beverage instead of the soy protein isolate -- too much proteins, and because it's too much processed, amino acids are altered and less efficient. Better take smaller quantity but better quality -- read natural.

The weather is still pretty cold and rainy most of the days, so I still eat some warm veg. broth or tofu. But I expect to see the Raw food list getting longer and longer as summer goes by, and the Cooked foods disappear completly, soon. If I was living in California I guess it would be easier.

I ate some good stuff except for a 250gr bag of barbecue peanuts in one evening, and a 350gr of cereals in one morning!

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

May 26th- June 1st

This week I had:

Greens: salads: spinach, olives, dried tomatoes, alfalfa and clover sprouts, baby carrots, baby spinach, zuchinni-avocado salad w/ tomatoes,

Fruits: fruit sorbet (banana, mango...), frozen banana carob diped, fruit smoothies, pistachios, macadamia nuts, fresh dates and fresh figs, pears, apricot

Cooked: bagels, croissants, oatmeal, soy drinks, baked beans, amaranth, quinoa, millet, chocolate soypudding, chili&lime soycrisps

simulated pepperoni

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3092.jpg

feta flavour soya paste

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3093.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3094.jpg

June 2nd- June 8th

This week I had:

Greens: salads: spinach, tomatoes, sugarsnaps, dried tomatoes, baby carrots, baby spinach, red pepper. Raw meatless loaf made of some of the greens mentionned above and some sprouted lentills.

Fruits: banana, mango, apricot, pear, pineapple-blueberry smoothie, fresh dates rolled in grated coconut

Cooked: Oatmeal and amaranth. Quinoa and buckwheat. Soup: vegetable broth with onions, turnip.

Sunday morning, I ate half of an organic watermelon. Wasn't too expensive and sure was delicious so I guess I'm gonna eat some more during summer. Later I had half of a pineapple.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3127.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3132.jpg

This is what I call fresh flesh, red meat !

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3134.jpg

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3136.jpg

Guillame,

Nice clean healthy diet. An absolute pleasure to run through your journal. I will say though, staring at that ripe red watermelon and reading all the fruits you consume, it is definitely making me crave a solid piece of fruit but lucky for me I have willpower. But man those pics make it look so good!

Yeah I know what you mean, Lean& Green, and I soon gonna experience this craving desire to bite in a fresh fruit and devour it with all the juicy water dripping from the mouth, cuz as I wrote on your juice-feast blog, I'll do the samething starting monday.

But, is it allowed to do smoothies too, so we can chew a little bit ?

So as I said on Lean & Green blog:

I already have lots of stuff in the freezer: kale, spinach, parsley, mint. Frozen bananas, cranberries, strawberries, I got a pineapple, and I'll buy some more citrus, berries, apples, grapefruits...

Of course most of the juice ingredients will be raw, but I still got some of the (carcinogen) soy protein isolate, that won't be raw, and I still got some soy milk and almond milk which aren't raw. Those protein shakes will raise the insulin level but I'll drink those post-workout.

Other than that, other things will be raw : grinded flax seeds, hemp protein powder and hemp seeds.

I'll infuse some green tea under the sun and some other herbal teas, adding some juices in it like citrus or watermelon or grapefruit.

The undertaker? Awesome doood! I dunno how you made that correlation but i'll take it. I used to lov3 watching him walk out to the music and all back in the day with his casket routine and everything

As far as Zack goes, I think you've made a very good comparison there, that I can see!!!!

I'm very excited for you and i'll be checking up to see what's going on I'm Your Man. Keep us posted.......

I really want to cut up the mini organic watermelon that i have now, perhaps i will or I may save it for tomorrow, not sure yet.

Lean&Green, I made the correlation with The Undertaker espescially because your face is a bit in the dark and with long hair!

I've decided I'll do a 1 month cleansing instead of only 2 weeks.

I'll do a 14 days juice fast, followed by :

1 day of whole greens

Then 1 day of whole fruits

Again, 1 day of greens. (and juices during those 3 days if I want some)

Then I'll do another 2 weeks of juice fast.

Of course most of what I'll drink will be organic and raw, very important, and I'll filter the tap water or use sometimes spring water.

I remember watching wrestling with my brothers, and I was always scared by the Undertaker. Actually it was his assistant Pallbearer I think that scared me ha ha. My older brother still follows WWE, and has met a lot of the wrestlers in person including the Undertaker. I think he has something signed by him. I guess I can sort of see the resemblance with L&G, at least a tiny bit of a resemblance lol.

Oh, and by the way good luck on your one month cleansing I'm Your Man! Seems like Lean and Green is going to have us all doing some sort of juicing feast, or fast if we keep reading his awesome progress.

So tomorrow I'm starting my 1 month juice fasting!

Because of that, my mind kind of freaked out like everytime right before and after I deprive myself from some particular foods... so I entered in a sort of food frenzy; during the last 2 or 3 days, I ate many cookies, chips, chocolate... many many calories, but I don't seem to have gained weight, at least not too much. But all this crappy foods will make my cleansing very useful...

I know it seems stupid to detox only to retox after... but it's still better than no detox at all, leaving only intoxication, right? Besides, it's not like if I do a small detox of 1 or 2 days. I'll be cleaning my body pretty much all summer long, with a 1 month juice fast, low calorie, then eating only raw foods, salads, greens and fruits. Of course, in a ideal world, I would do this all year long, but nothing is perfect.

This week I had:

Fruits: banana-strawberry smoothie, grapes, golden apples, all kinds of berries, pineapple, other fruits I forgot.

Salads, sandwich with homemade raw vegepate (turnip, carrots, sunflower seeds, flax seeds, mustard...) with spinach.

cooked: wonton soup, thai curry spicy soup, TVP with green peas, stuffed vine leaves...

Junk food: dark chocolate w/ mint, I ate tons of oat cookies dipped in a glass of almond vanilla milk, like a small kid... Fudgee-O, salt & vinegar chips, bbq peanuts, croissants...

Edited by I'm Your Man
French accents !

I'm on my day 3 of juice fast/feast ! I like it so far. I was feeling alright during day 1 except at the end of the day feeling tired and went to sleep early. Day 2, feeling weaker all day long. Nothing surprising, I noticed only after that my calorie intake was way too low... between 600-800 cals... I made a drastic switch from over 4 000 cals to 600 cals (during week-end before starting the juice fast, I was eating chips, cookies, chocolate non-stop).

For instance, yesterday I made 1 liter of juice for the afternoon, but then noticed the only caloric ingredient in it was 1 apple.

So I'll go buy some items that contain more calories, otherwise I'll lose like 7lbs the first week and will always feel to tired to workout.

But I noticed, like Lean & Green, I sleep better, need less hours of sleep, and feel good when I wake up, more positive energy. Even after only 2 or 3 days! That's because what I was eating in the last days before juice fast was only junk.

Here's the juices I've been drinking so far. There was some smoothies instead of juices, and some ingredients that are not very for cleansing, like the soy milks and soy protein isolate powder, but now I used all the soy milks, and hemp protein will replace most of soy proteins. I made some photos for fun, my artistic side.

Monday

-chlorophyll in water

-banana-strawberry, soy protein smoothie w/ organic vanilla soy milk

-banana-strawberry, soy protein smoothie, w/almond milk vanilla flavour

-strawberry, Nutiva Organic "berry pomegranate" Açai+Goji HempShake, organic hemp protein, almond-vanilla milk

-blueberry-banana organic smoothie

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3179.jpg

Tuesday

-chlorophyll

-banana-strawberry soy protein organic smoothie

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3180.jpg

-pineapple-cranberry juice

-"Amazon Acai" brazil nut+maca Nutiva Organic HempShake, banana, cinnamon, nutmeg, stevia, organic isohemp

-apple, citrus, aloe vera, spinach, lettuce, ginger juice, 1 liter

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3182.jpg

During the next days, there'll be less processed stuff like soy iso, more whole foods like avocado, coconut, flax and hemp seeds...

Glad to see you are keeping true to you word and desire to feast. Dude, I need sleep bad so I can't say or assess much but a quick word DRINK. Add more to your smoothies, longer and slower is better than faster and shocking. It will come off, you will get cleansed. Take your time, you need to transition into these sorts of things and don't be afraid to get in a little more than you think you may need so that you have adequate fuel to train; you can always adjust.

Your smoothie pics are beautiful; wish you were takin the ones for my blog page.

I'll post again when I reread your last couple of posts if need be to explain more.

Thank you for the visit Lean & Green.

Today my 4th day of this liquid diet mark a major change: I am full of energy!

Maybe because of more calories than previous days -- but not so much calories I think (?), I guess the green tea in the morning excited my neurons, but also all those vitamins and folic acid and beta-caroten.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3193.jpg

I LOVE fruit juices, but I can't say the samething about green smoothies... I mean when they're green (the carrots, beets juices are delicious) with dark leaves like kale and spinach, and with flax seeds, and even if I add citrus, apple, ginger, etc it was disgusting! ... I know I still have to experiment - I only tried one - and if I follow some recipes it might help too ; ) I'm new to this and I still have almost one month so plenty of time to make some GOOD green juices. Also I must be drinking about 5 liters a day of liquid, I don't know exactly, but I piss all day.

Strict liquid diet for 1 month -- ending 16th of July ... I won't need to do the 3 days of solid foods after 2 weeks (and then I'll be EATING 100% raw for the rest of July, at least - that will be good : ) ... perhaps on 1st of August I'll bite into many huge spicy veggiedogs and French fries with ketchup, just to intoxicate myself again

Day 3

-green tea

-fruit juice: pink grapefruit, strawberry, pineapple. 3 cups

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3180.jpg

-sweet hemp-coconut-banana juice (with stevia, hemp seeds and hemp protein) -- Delicious!

-green juice: apple, citrus, aloe vera, chlorophyll, spinach, lettuce, ginger, flax seeds, lettuce, jalapeno, seeds: sesame, sunflower, flax. 1 liter . That was disgusting - I'm writing this just to remember not to do this again.

-hemp protein, apple, banana, peach, stevia, sesame seeds -- not bad

-apple, banana, peach smoothie

-cold soup: 1 carrot, liquid aminos, veg. broth, sea salt, chili -- excellent!

Day 4

-green tea

-Pineapple, alfalfa sprouts, soaked peanuts made into butter

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3197.jpg

-the rest of the juice above, I added: 1 grapefruit, 1 banana, stevia -- tasted better

-again, the rest of above, but added 1 peach, 1 banana, coconut, hemp seeds, hemp iso

-strawberry juice, Mmmm

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3227.jpg

-raw soup: carrot, beet, spinach, lettuce, jalapeno, ginger, lime, alfalfa and clover sprouts, seeds: sesame, sunflower, flax. Liquid aminos, mix of Mexican spices, sea salt, - that was delicous, I'm already addicted

I found out I prefer vegetable juices in the form of raw soups... it's basically the samething but in a bowl and a spoon, and maybe some differencies in the choices of spices and herbs.

So with the soups, smoothies, some hot green tea (but most of time raw - sun infused) it's no more a juice fast but just a liquid diet. Still most of foods are raw. It will constantly evoluate and change. Now it's raining all week, I guess I felt for some hot tea. But during hotter days I guess sometimes I'll be drinking iced tea and fruit juices all day.

okay, i'm liking the way this is going for you now much better. I actually see calories being consumed! I like the game plan too.

Dude, I can tolerate just about anything but just by reading the ingredients of theat 'never to make again' green smoothies made me tinge. Did not sound appealing whatsoever.

Avocado for a smooth texture and taste, lemon for flavor, mint for smell, green apples for balance. You can't go wrong when you add some of these! At the very least the avocado and the lemon, imo. Give it a shot, like you said, you have plenty of time to play around with it. Food should be appealing, ya know?

I happen to love me green smoothies but like you, nothing beats a nice healthy dose of sweet fruits! But if I do too much fruit, I can't explain it, I just don't feel right, the green smoothies just does something for me to balance me out. I couldn't do fruitarianism, I need my greens, they make me feel good. Unless fruitarians consume greens also?

I completely hear ya about the pissing thing. I must have been carrying some serious extra water weight or something I dunno or maybe i'm just more used to it now. All I know is week 1 was basically spent in the bathroom. It would've made complete sense just to keep the blender in the bathroom and make juice blends there because had to pee every 1 1/2 minutes. It is much better now. For some reason or another, I do not piss uncontrollably anymore. I think i'm consuming less now also, though; plus i'm more used to frequent urinations, suppose....

Like that you're doing the raw thing for a bit, I know you're into it. Enjoy my friend.....

you know Sohpierhymes, it's tough to say and i'm sure it would be alot less for you consideriong, i'm sure you wouldn't be taking in as much as I would. Ever since Dani asked that question, I have been listing my shopping bill price tags so you can get an idea as well as the cost of certain things, like a box of bananas for 27 bucks. It also makes a difference if you are buying organic or not. I'm Your Man is buying conventional and i'm buying organic, significant difference in prices. Plus I get my algaes at a MAJOR discount b/c I buy in bulk and I have dealt with the company as a reseller for the past 4 years. Like a box of bananas last 2 1/2 weeks for me so it's tough to assess along with some other things and some last less than a week, like greens. Also, blends come out to be cheaper b/c you use alot less greens, Juices come out to be more expensive b/c you need alot more to extract juice. I have been buying twice as much greens lately as I have been juicing more than blending recently in the veggie department.

Like a box of bananas last 2 1/2 weeks for me so it's tough to assess along with some other things and some last less than a week, like greens. Also, blends come out to be cheaper b/c you use alot less greens, Juices come out to be more expensive b/c you need alot more to extract juice. I have been buying twice as much greens lately as I have been juicing more than blending recently in the veggie department.

How do you keep bananas for two weeks? Do you freeze them?

So I'm Your Man's diet looks to be more of blends and not strictly juices, which is probably the way I would go if I ever get the courage up! Are you focused on strictly juicing or do you blend as well?

I do mostly blends as well except i only use fruits and vegetables and nothing else, no oils nuts powders or anything like that. With the exception, i do take in algae and i take alot of it in. But I consider that a vegetable. But I have been doing alot more vegetable juicing the last week or so and will probably continue on that path.

I buy a box of green bananas so they last and i keep them in the fridge so they ripen slowly only taking out the ones i want to ripen quicker out first and put them in a dark place. I usually ask them to let me swap some green ones out for some ripe ones sold loose so that i can have some right away to consume.

Yeah Lean&Green can probably tell better than me how it cost because I never set a budget, I just pay the bills, the rent, and usually all the rest of the money goes for food, which is not a lot of money. I want to spend about 50$/week on food, so 200$/month, but I don't know if it's what I'm doing, I think it's more.

A juice fast is very flexible. You won't drink as much as L&G. Also the amount of money you spend on this depends for how long you want it to last, if it's only 3 days or 1 week, you can even manage to do this without buying anything and use what you already have in the fridge. It depends also if you're doing smoothies or juices that are dilued into very large quantity of water.

I only have a blender, no juice extractor, so I need to put lots of water to be able to liquify the foods. But the fact that it keeps all the fibers thicken the beverages and allows to chew sometimes

I'm buying as much organic as I can, like for bananas, grains, seeds and most of the nuts, some greens. But when an organic food is like 2-4 times more expensive than the non-organic one, I'll buy the non-organic one or I'll simply pass on that food.

I would suggest to EVERYBODY to do things like integral fasting, or juice fasting, liquid diets, cleansing, mono-diet, etc, at least one time. And NOT JUST TRY and giving up after the first day or two, but to EXPERIENCE it. Because after you've done it for let's say at least 1 week, it can litteraly change your perception of foods and the way to eat.

I'm glad I'm doing this because after this I'm pretty sure I'll continue making fruits and veggie juices to drink between meals or right before meals. I knew how much juices were an excellent way to have plenty of vitamins and enzymes, oxygen, water and chlorophyll, but I almost never done any juice before except the protein drinks. Now this good habit will stay with me for life. Or if it's not in juices, I'll eat more whole fruits than before and make huge green salads to eat before most of my meals.

Hi I'm your man,

I notice you have maca in your smoothie. What do you know about maca? I know it's available in liquid or powder form. I wonder about taking the actual root. A friend of mine in Peru takes it in his smoothie and wants to send some to me. He claims it gives him good energy.

AndreaFrancis I also heard maca gives good endurance, energy, strenght, antioxydants...? (I don't remember exactly).

I wanted to buy some but it was way too much expensive! At the foodstore I went it was too expensive, if you get the chance to find some at low price or if you can afford at any price, why not. The maca in my smoothie was already in the hemp powder blend I bought and is probably just a tiny quantity of maca (just enough so they can write it contains some) otherwise the jar would cost more. I once bought a Ruth's raw hemp-maca-ginger energy bar, it was good

There's some other natural plants that may provide similar benefits while being cheaper: caffeine (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc), guarana (another form of caffeine, that is released more slowly and gradually to the bloodstream than conventional caffeine), ginger, ginkgo biloba, hawtorne or yerbal tea (I don't know what to call it), those last two are espescially good for vasovascularity.

Lean & Green , ahah that is so funny ! "All I know is week 1 was basically spent in the bathroom. It would've made complete sense just to keep the blender in the bathroom and make juice blends there because had to pee every 1 1/2 minutes."

You're right about the avocados being an excellent choice, I would have used some but don't have any yet, same goes for plenty of other foods good for juices such as cucumbers and celery. I will buy all those as soon as I can but lately haven't got the chance because of work.

I have some kale, spinach, mint, parsley in my freezer but didn't feel like using them, maybe later.

Lately I've been working out just like once per week and no cycling with all the rainy days. But once the sun comes out for good I'm gonna change my activity level and so my diet too. I think I might give up all the protein smoothies with fruits, and instead i'm gonna do like you: when I feel the need for fruits, energy, vitamins I'll go for fruit juices, and when I feel for proteins : just hemp powder or brewers' yeast into water. The soy protein isolate I still have is the only powder I'll continue on mixing with fruits because I would vomit if I drink that white powder just in water - it would make me believe I'm drinking milk and that would be truly ing!

There's some other natural plants that may provide similar benefits while being cheaper: caffeine (tea, coffee, cocoa, etc), guarana (another form of caffeine, that is released more slowly and gradually to the bloodstream than conventional caffeine), ginger, ginkgo biloba, hawtorne or yerbal tea (I don't know what to call it), those last two are espescially good for vasovascularity.

Good point, thanks for the excellent info. If my friend does end up sending me maca root I'll let you know how it goes, I just called a couple places and maca in liquid form is $35 I don't know for how much though.

More than a week now in my juice fast/feast or liquid diet, call it whatever you want. At first I felt tired due to insuffisant calories and frustrated about the restrictions, but now I love it and who know I might even continue for longer than a month.

Before starting this I tought maybe I could lose 10 lbs in one month... When I started I was at 135lbs. Last time I checked I was at 125, so I lost 10lbs in 7 days.

I'm surprised because I looked about the same. I was sure I wasn't losing any weight so I wasn't drinking too much juice. Now I use this first week as a reference: I know I need to drink more otherwise I'll lose weight too fast.

It's truly the best way to lose weight, while cleaning the body, I think I'll do this every summer. It's fun to have for mission to try to consume as much as I can of all those fruits.

As I said I felt tired the first days, but now I'm always full of energy and I need about only 5 hours of sleep, my body recover from about anything. After walking 3 hours and a half carrying over 15kg I felt good after 5 minutes of rest.

Today I bought for about 50$ of fruits and some veggies. I took some pics because it's the first time in my life that I buy so many fruits and that I drink so many of them too! I really wanted to eat them, but that's what I'll do in a few weeks.

So there's celery, pears, peaches, bananas, pineapples, coconut, lychees, red grapes, red apples, golden apples, red raisins, lime, celery, avocados, kale, tomato... Of course I got more stuff, like spinach, cucumbers, strawberries, dates...

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3250.jpg

My juices/smoothies this week:

Friday

-green tea

-green tea + apple juice and lime

-banana + dates + soy protein

-Hemp-dates-banana

-raw soup: carrot, beet, alfalfa sprouts, spices

Saturday

-green tea

banana-pear-peach

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3234.jpg

add water and blend

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3235.jpg

drink

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3237.jpg

-pineapple, apple, alfalfa sprouts, banana, soaked peanuts

-soy protein, soaked dried dates (the dried ones suck but now I bought some fresh ones), coconut, stevia

-strawberry, pink grapefruit

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3233copy.jpg

-pineapple, banana, apple, soaked peanuts, alfalfa (strange combination but tastes ok)

Sunday

-strawberry-apple-pineapple juice

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3184copy.jpg

-soy-banana-dates-coconut

-same juices than the days before

-Arthur's Green Energy Smoothie : apple, banana, passionfruit, plum, lemon, spirulina powder, flax seed oil, wheat and barley blend powder.

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3239.jpg

-Arthur's mango smoothie

Monday

-soy proteins, peanuts, dates, banana, stevia

-peach-lychee-fresh dates (excellent)

-banana-lychee-date-golden apple-red grape-pear

-red apple+red raisins+hemp protein

-Arthur's Strawberry Rainforest Smoothie: apple, strawberry, acai, boysenberry, banana, lemon, lime

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3240.jpg http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3241.jpg

-commercial Vegetable juice

http://i257.photobucket.com/albums/hh240/organicspiral/IMG_3257.jpg