Vegan Bodybuilding & Fitness

Healthy Food Defines You
It is currently Fri Nov 28, 2014 5:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:19 pm 
Stegosaurus

Marcina wrote:
Hmm
Here's the dilemma. Basically I was fired from the person at head office. I met her once. .

In that case she was probably making a business decision or she was responding to complaints from other employees, so she has less reason to feel personally awkward about being honest with you. The only reason she would have for not being frank would be fear of disgruntling you enough to come back with a lawyer. If you can communicate to her that you only want to use the information to improve yourself she shouldn't mind telling you what the deal was.

Give her a call and ask for an appointment. The worst that will happen is that she will say no or blow you off. Cost to you: zero

"The plural of anecdote is not data." (Roger Brinner)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:23 pm 
Elephant

She doesn't answer her phone. She left her number and asked me to call her back and I did about 5-6 times and it always went straight to voice mail.
To be honest, I'm making excuses because that woman scares me. I'm even afraid to phone the club because I feel like they all hate me there and just pretended to like me this whole time. Geez, it's like high school all over again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 3:30 pm 
Elephant

Yesterday's progress: Instead of moping around and being depressed all day I decided to work out. My eating has slipped. Barely an appetite so all I ate yesterday was:

Breakfast: Almond and banana smoothie

Workout: Abs, biceps and back. Did some ball rollouts. MAN! Every muscle in my core is hurtin today. Good workout. My traps are sore, and my upper back as well. I was doing ball rollouts to target the lats but I couldn't balance myself well enough to do it. You have to be in plank position, but kneeling. It's hard to explain.. Anyways I couldn't do it, so I just positioned myself more upright. I guess this targets the abs more rather than the back. Biceps don't hurt, they never do. Need heavier weights but all I have at home is 2 fifteen pounders.

After workout: Raw hemp berry smoothie. I mixed in fresh berries we bought on the weekend and it was delish

Dinner: The boyfriend felt like sushi so we went out. I had veggie sunomono, a mushroom roll, a kappa roll, and a yam tempura roll. I didn't finish. I took the rest home and then ate it later.

That's all I ate yesterday. I spent the evening on the couch. Since I'm not working right now and staying active all day long I'm afraid of gaining weight. I worked really hard the past month and a half to lose the 8 pounds I lost and I don't want it back.

Want to go running today since it's nice out but have sooo many chores to do around the house. My body aches from yesterday's workout too. Maybe I'll buy a pass at my boyfriend's gym and we can go together.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2008 11:32 pm 
Rabbit

Sorry about the job! You are too good for them! I would say forget it and move forward! Start doing positive affirmations such as "I now accept a wonderful new job" out loud, and personal affirmations such as "I approve of myself". These are actually amazingly important. You need to be in a positive frame of mind to find an awesome new job and you deserve something with great pay and as many hours as you want. Honestly it didn't sound like an ideal job anyway, you have said the pay was low and the scheduling changes at the last minute were also less than ideal. You can do much better. See this as an opportunity. Think about your ultimate job, what you would ultimately LOVE to do, and start putting it in place.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:27 am 
Elephant

The person that hired you went on maternity leave I think you said. Anyway she obviously liked you enough to hire you. I wonder if it would be possible for you to get in touch with her, and maybe when she is back she could look into why you were let go. Just a thought.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 2:54 pm 
Elephant

Well it's complicated actually. I was hired by 2 people.
I e-mailed one and sent her my resume on Craigslist, where I found the job listing. I had an interview with her, and then I was interviewed by the manager.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 7:34 pm 
Elephant

So I'm thinking I know what happened with the whole job thing.

I googled myself and this site was the first that came up. I think that somebody googled my name (someone at corp, or an employee) and read all the shit I wrote about work last week. Even though I didn't name anybody or mention the name of the company, they probably still figured out I was talking about them.

It's kinda creepy ya know.. But it's the only solution I can come up with. If they read that it probably made them think I hated working there. I didn't, but I didn't like how the company was run. Anyways if my next employer decides to google me and reads all my posts on this website, they could think I'm some crazy chick that talks bad about my job all over the internet. I thought I was just venting in a private blog, but it turns out any Tom Dick or Harry can read it.

I was wondering if there was a way to delete this whole blog? I feel so exposed now knowing that I stupidly wrote all this stuff thinking nobody would read it, when in fact, they can. All they have to do is google my name. Then in the future, I'll have to be careful about what I write.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:52 pm 
Stegosaurus

Marcina;

You may be right, but my gut feeling is that most people have better things to do then google employees who have long since been hired.

I would work at making someone with the information feel safe in telling you what the deal was.

Regardless, I think it is an excellent idea to protect your identity online. HR people these days *do* google on applicants and make decisions based on what they find.

I was on a vegan web board last year that I decided to stop using, but they did a few things I liked. One of them was that they included tags in each HTML page of the forum that made the forum posts unsearchable by google. Most of the board could not be read unless you were signed in. 98% of what was written on that board stayed on that board instead of getting broadcast to the world via google.

I wish more web forums would do that.

Barring that good precautions are:

- Use a fake name for posting on the web and use a different fake name ( "alias") for each board or blog you use.

- Avoid posting personal/contact details beyond saying what city you live in

- Avoid posting pictures

- Treat everything you write as it was going to be in a letter to your local newspaper. With google anything you say on a web board or a blog gets broadcasted to the universe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:29 pm 
Elephant

but it's too late for that now! I have pics, and all sorts of stuff on here! My pic is on the front page of the website even O.o

I talked to my bf about it and he thinks that they wouldn't have gone so far as to Google me.. But you never know. Most people wouldn't, but I'm starting to think these chicks I worked for were really strange to put me through all that training and just fire me a week later.

But yeah, it makes no sense for them to google me a month and a half after being hired.
unless they were stalking me the whole time... :o

You know Dale Gribble on that show King of the Hill who's all paranoid about stuff?
That's me right now

You guys can now refer to me as Rusty.. Shackleford...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:48 pm 
Stegosaurus

You can ask Rober to remove your picture from the front page.

Every mod has the ability to delete posts and every profile has a "show all of ____ posts" link. We could team up and delete all of your posts.

You could then register with a fresh alias.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:32 pm 
Elephant

Robert's so busy right now I don't wanna bug him :/

I got myself into this mess by being so naive..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 4:17 pm 
Elephant

It just doesn't seem right that people can mess up your life so much by using the computer. Today I called my bank, to check on my accounts, and there seems to be some sort of fraudulent activity going on. I have no idea how anyone got any of my bank info. The guy at the bank sounded like this sort of thing happens way too often. It makes me not want to ever pay for something online again. This is the only way I can think that someone got my info. I would like to assure you Marcina that people don't snoop online about other people, but after what happened with my account today I'm not so sure anymore.

Post subject: Re: Marcina's Food Blog
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 4:04 pm 
Elephant

Ooh that's scary. I do my bills online. Mostly just my Visa, which is also through the same bank. And sometimes student loans are done through there.

Anyways I'm gonna let this thread go dormant. That way, It'll be more difficult to find it! If I type my name in the search nothing comes up so maybe I'm safe.

I'm gonna make a blog and not write bad things in it. Only positive things! If I have to write about bad things I'll write it in a postiver way. Lol positiver.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:57 am 
Manatee

You can always edit your posts...and change your avatar. This is a reason I never use my real name and all my space/face book are set to private. I also try not to post anything that could be used against me...pictures mostly.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:05 am 
Elephant

Good idea.
I'll hafta get Richard to help me with my avatar again though if I can't get it to work like last time

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next